Steak, Potatoe and Cottage Cheese

Bigjoe

At my age I prob should be watching my cholesterol and be eating more chicken breast then beef steak but its my favorite meal. I have steak and potato dinner 5 or 6 nights a week. Its my high protein and high calorie power meal.

D

dolfanshan

I love steak, potatoes, and asparagus. Can't do the cottage cheese.  Lord knows I've tried it every which way. Instead I eat plain greek yogurt which is a close second to cottage cheese. 22 grams of casein protien per cup. The only problem is it bloats the crap out of me. Must be a little lactose intolerant? 

Bigjoe

One of my best friends is lactose intolerant. it messes him up pretty good. I like cottage because it is easy, I find myself up 2 or 3 times during the night eating spoonfuls of cottage cheese. Its an easy way to keep them muscles fed. Greek Yogurt is good like that too.

D

dolfanshan

Do you do anything to the cottage cheese to make it more palatable?  Lol

Bigjoe

I dont, I love the flavor, maybe a little pepper. What about you and the greek yogurt ? I add splenda sometimes to my greek yogurt. It makes it a little sweet.

D

dolfanshan

I just eat it plain mostly. Sometimes I add some fruit.

Bigjoe

Do you have any tricks when you sometimes get that craving for something sweet, I tend to always keep natural peanut and low carb totillas. It usually does the trick for me without feeling guilty.

D

dolfanshan

Natural peanut butter with honey on rice cakes. I'll also eat almonds and pistachios when I get the munchies.

Bigjoe

I love natural peanut and honey, its better than any candy bar to me but putting it on rice cakes is a good idea.

D

dolfanshan

Yea rice cakes are filling. I have a bad habit of getting hungry right before bed. Good when I'm bulking but bad when cutting.

Bigjoe

I have the same habbit but I get hungry throughout the night as well, Thats where the cottage cheese comes into place :)