Stretching

strong

Stretching exercise practices like Yoga also help relax muscles, and your mind so you stress less. The feeling of well-being, and vitality you will notice as a result of a regular flexibility routine can provide many important health benefits. Stretching is not just a part of a workout, it can be a workout by itself.
Stretch Out- 5 Benefits of Flexibility - Skinny Ms.
  • skinnyms.com/stretch-out-5-benefits-of-flexibility/

strong

Ive been wanting to post this for a few days..  I don't care how old you are. you need to stretch.... I have had an enormous amount of serious injuries. I benefit greatly from a 10 minute stretching routine before working out. I also spend 10 minutes at night. I was chating with I AM last night and figured I would post this... Stretching can help alleviate injuries, definitely helps shape muscles by elongating muscle fibers.

Im curious how many of us incorporate stretching in our routine or just stretch when were cramped up????

Standingup

You are 100 % correct , unfortunately as much as I know this I still fail to do it. For working out it hasn't been a problem, but more than once going for a run or bike ride I have hurt my self due to lack of prepping my body through stretching. And yes I like the idea of yoga lengthening muscle fibers that we inherently shorten up by lifting weights.

K

krisbr

Any time I do upper body I stretch with a green band. Do my shoulders to the front and back and my lats. I had some minor nagging shoulder pain when I started do that it stopped.

strong

Krisbr, You seem to be a big boy. ^

Krisbr, Youre a big boy at 6' 1" and 250.. stretch the sjit out of your core.   Hips, quads, hammys. and calves.. its necessary for us guys with a lot of weight on our frame..

D

dolfanshan

Its necessary for us old geezers too :)...I do quite a bit of stretching between sets and warnup before training.

strong

u said it bro. im just encouraging some to stretch even if they feel great. great for tendons and joints. Also in the future everyone will have an injury. if you already have a good stretching routine you will recover faster.......

siegmund

I also know the benefit of this , yet I fail to apply it . In all honesty , I beleive if we all took the time to properly stretch , we could alleviate , the majority of injurys  we indoor ,, now when im about to squat , I catch my self warming up and stretching , why , because I have tweeked the ham string so many times its automatic , good post strong +1

K

krisbr

Yeah I've been trying to figure something out for my hips. They don't hurt or anything. I've been told they're to tight and it affects my squating.?.? But yeah I used to just do a few light sets for whatever big exercise I was doing and I started developing minor pains. Stretching and rolling on the spikey foam roller has really took most of the away. That foam roller cracks my back real nice. Helps keeps it from being stiff in the morning getting out of bed. Which doesn't make much sense to me but hey if it works then keep doing it I say.

K

krisbr

Oh and I'm sitting at about 245 now. I dropped down to 240 working out of town and just being to damn stressed, but it's coming back and looking a bit leaner now too.

strong

Krisbr. I just bought a foam roller 2 weeks ago. roll out the hips and butt.. Roll on the IT bands loosens up the hips....Dude stretching blows but its a must.....,,,