Thanksgiving

BobbyO190

All right I am gone till next week. Have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING you group of fun son of a guns!

I am thankful for many things. One is you all and this site and it's sharing of knowledge and advice and motivation.

Now the big question?  Do you cheat for Thanksgiving Day?

I sure do! Three kinds of potatoes and one of them with copious amounts of cheese. Turkey and two kinds of dressing. Rolls. I try to avoid the veggies this day....tons of gravey. Pumpkin pie, chocolate pie and my favorite: Coconut cream pie (I will eat at least half).  

So here is to a week of suffering to make up for the loses accrued on this wonderful day. It's so worth it :)  

Enjoy my friends. 

blastthru23

Happy thanksgiving to you to Bobby! Do I cheat? I guess so, nothing too steep, pumpkin pie with whipped cream is about it. But, i chow down on the meat and potatoes. I'm making extra mashed potaoes this year with butter, and heavy cream. Last year, i ate all that was left after everyone had their fill, coulda went a few more rounds!

I too am very thankful for our tight community here. I've grown in so many ways here beyond the training, diet, and gear. I've visited other boards, and we have something I have not seen elsewhere. MG is a very special place, and what I love the most is the feeling of friendship i have with many of you.

I used to get all wrapped up in the history of the holiday. But, i see as a time to appreciate what I have and the beauty I see in this crazy world that shines from within us all.

Thank you all, and may you each have a wonderful time this weekend. Stay strong, eat some good food, and don't worry about the calories, none of us are in peak week as far as I know:)

kingswe3are

Only  been a member for a few weeks, but within that short period of time I have had Many questions answered and received some great advice. I am thankful for many things this year including MG and it’s members. The comradery that exists between members is evident and the knowledge that’s shared is invaluable for someone like myself. Happy Thanksgiving 

NATO217

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I too am thankful, to have a solid, loving family at home and to have learned what I have here on MG in the short time I’ve been here. The mods that I’ve spoken with and the friends I’ve made here have given me sound advice, some of which involves making safe decisions on certain aspects, and for that I’m thankful.

Though life will throw unexpected curves from time to time, I think it’s important to recognize anything good that we have, be thankful for it, be thankful for any great opportunities we are offered in life. Others may not be nearly as fortunate.

Life has thrown me some heavy curves lately, and when it begins to feel like another one is just around the corner, something good or even great has happened. For that I am Thankful. Happy Thanksgiving! And my highlight to a Thanksgiving dinner is the oyster dressing. Oldschool I know, but Grandma makes the best:)