There is hope

JARHEAD2

Most of us know each other's backgrounds, I know I have been very transparent as some of you others have as well. I believe transparency is very important when dealing with our inner demons from the past & present. I have been an alcoholic & severe drug addict & I almost lost everything. My 2 sons are 23 & 18 & I have not hid anything from them about my troubled past. I want them to know that no matter how far you go, if your still breathing, then THERE IS HOPE!! I want to tell anyone who may read this at anytime this week, this year or 10 years from now that THERE IS HOPE!! It doesn't matter how bad it may feel or how hopeless it may seem, at any point you decide enough is enough then you can recover. I want folks to know that I've been there & I know how it feels & I have went through times of deep dark depression & if you need someone to talk to I'm always here. Recently JD came on & posted about some trials he'd been going through, I didn't hesitate to email him my personal info so he would know that I cared & was willing to be that friend. I would do the same for anyone! The battlefield of our minds is the greatest battle we face & in those times of hopelessness our minds tell us it over. The mind has the power to contr ol  our actions & reactions. That's how the Good Lord made us. The same power the mind influenced us with to drink & do drugs or fall into depression & despondency is also the same power we must use to overc ome those inner demons. Surround yourself with positive people. You are the company you keep! I could go on & on, but then you may get tired of reading & skip it :). So I want to say that I have been on the very bottom & more than once. Addiction was one. demon I thought I'd never be able to overcome, but I have fully recovered. I will say I had a lot of help from up above :) 

No matter what your facing & what fire you may be going through & what burden you're carrying, THERE IS HOPE! There's several great people right here at MG that you can PM or email at anytime & they will do everything in the power to help. Don't allow the feeling of hopelessness to overwhelm you. Reach out for help!!! THERE IS HOPE!!! A man/woman is not measured by how many times they fall, but rather how many times they get back up!!

JAR

strong

We all bring something special to the table here. You have been a solid friend to me and I appreciate it. Some of the things we go through in life can harden us in a bad way. A bunch of people here show me about this hope you speak of.

JARHEAD2

You're proof of hope Bro!!! It was maybe a year ago we had a conversation about inspiration & you wasn't sure of it & know you are indeed an inspiration!! It's an honor to call you friend!

ramdisck

Thanks Jarhead! You've been an inspiration.  The folks here are testaments that there is always hope.  We all have unique experiences yet, we've all joined together here.  I'm always open to share much of mine in the open forum and open to PM as well. I'm also not afraid to reach out to my fellow brothers.  

Mleblanc

Thanks brother and very well put !! This is the kind of stuff thats keepa me coming back to MG. Well really the on forum I visit now.  Back on subject, yes lots of us been there, buts a very good feeling knowing you have people like your self in the trenches with you.  I hope and pray daily that I never go down that road again, and live that terrible nightmare.  HOPE is all we truely have each day. Hope to be better,hope our family stays healthy and well, hope we keep meeting good people like here !  Thanks Jar 

JARHEAD2

Thanks bro! 

Be vigilant & keep your guard up always & deal with situations, emotions & discouragement as it surfaces & never ignore.... I believe that will always help us to not return down that same road!

Mleblanc

One thing that was told to me and keeps me in perspective was,  I herd a guy say, I beat my addiction and this older fellow was like son, you won this battle but not the war, he said you will never be a recoved addict you will always be a recovering addict.  Because the day you think this all beat, and you have it licked,  it will sneak up and slap your asses up side the head like you never thought.  Lol  ever since then I kept that in back my mind.  

calmb4dastorm

So true indeed! Thank you for being you! Thank you for being the person you are to me and all our brothers and sisters! Everyday one of us rises from a fall and with fellowship such as what we have here, we are able to stumble, get back up and remain encouraged along the way! 

JdDaniel01

Broski, some of the things that get said around here need to be chiseled in stone. I came to you all when I did because I knew that I would get the answers I needed, not that I wanted. That's the magic of it all. I know it may be hard for some newbies to understand whats so special about what we have going on here, all I know is that once you understand, you understand. It's truly invaluable... 

BobbyO190

Thank you for sharing and for continuing to give back and work the recovery. I think based on what you said in the second half that you might appreciate one of my favorite motivation quotes so I thought I would share it:

"We are not what other people say we are or what they call us, we are what we answer to! So do you answer to what your critics have named you? Do you answer to what the enemy names you? Or do you answer to your name and more importantly to your true name...do you have the courage and faith to answer to what God has named you?"

Not trying to promote religion here. That's for other places I am sure. But this always helps me when feeling beaten down and depressed. Regardless of your personal religious beliefs. The psychology of remember you are not who others in their negative comments say you are but rather so much more and you are limitless positive potential.

Well have a blessed day and thanks again for everything and please let me know if I can ever be of service in return!

Outlawthing

Preach on preacher man !!!  we are all proof of it many of us have clawed our way from the depths some of us more than once( cause we damn hard headed )  there is always someone here who can relate   everyone falls down from time to time however staying down is a choice...