Vial of Test E Still Sterile ?

TKC432

Hey everyone .... got a quick question.  Searched the forums and didn't find the answer so putting it out there.

I am in week 4 of my Test E cycle and have been drawing with a 20 gauge and pinning with a 25 gauge.  Considering at my dose (500mg week) the 10 ml vial is gonna get poked 10 times before its empty.  The last pin I did Saturday I noticed some oil leaking out around the needle and running down my forearm.  Guess the vial couldn't take so many pokes with the 20 gauge.  My main concern is the sterility of the oil at this point.  Considering the fact that it likely isn't 100% sealed anymore will the Test remain sterile long enough for me to finish the vial (3 more doses) or should I toss it and start another vial?  And is there a better method of drawing to avoid this problem in the first place? 

I welcome all input from the highly experienced folks here at MG

TKC432

Don't see any cracking or damage otherwise to the stopper.  And this came from one of the most highly recommended sources here at MG.  Perhaps its my technique?  Don't want to have any issues with non-sterile gear so I am gonna toss it out and move on to a new vial.  Live and learn I guess.  I suppose everyone's first cycle ends up with a little wasted product for one reason or another. 

SemperFi

Brother,

Cut the head off this and go directly to the source concerning this issue. Any reputable source will give you an answer from their very experienced perspective and may offer a simple solution.

If you do contact them and gain any knowledge please share it with the community.

BTW- Something I thought of after I posted. Did you have excessive pressure in the vial?

SEMEPR FI

B

Burrr

I wouldn't panic about air entering the vial. Every time I draw oil out i start by pushing the same amount of air in. 

You also dont need to completely invert the vial, just tilt it over enough to get the needle into the oil.

TKC432

Every time I draw I also inject the same amount of air that I am going to draw in oil.  Didn't notice any excessive pressure.  But I will msg the source ... he has been a very responsive and stand up guy throughout the entire process so far so I probably should have approached him first. 

TKC432

Ok ... I sent a msg to my source.  I am sure he will have some experienced guidance for me soon.  Like I said, he comes extremely highly recommended here at MG and my personal dealings with him have been very good.  

SemperFi

Thanks for posting.

Sterility is never guaranteed especially if air can enter the vial. We are injecting a measured amount of air every time before we draw from the vial. I have never had your experience but it sounds like you might have a bad vial stopper. The number of doses you have used a 20g needle should not cause this issue if the vial stopper is working properly. I have used anything from an 18g to a 29g needle for drawing.

Do you notice any cracking or breakdown of the rubber?

Future consideration- Using a 23g needle for drawing is effective and 25g will work just fine. Simply heat the oil before drawing and have a little patience.

When in doubt throw it out!

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

X2

Good advice Burr.

The injected air pressure is enough to draw the oil from the vial without being fully inverted.

SEMPER FI

SemperFi

As Burr stated if you have been injecting the same amount of air that you are drawing out you would not get any pressure build up that could eventually lead to excessive pressure pushing the oil out. After I thought more about my question it would be extremely difficult to inject too much air into a vial with a plastic syringe. It was just something my razor sharp mechanical mind came up with out of the blue concerning excessive pressure. ;)

SEMPER FI

JdDaniel01

Any chance it could be extra rubbing alcohol from wiping down your top? Just anorher thing I could Think of. If you've already said it's definitely oil then please disregard me sticking my nose in. Peace! I'm JD by the way...

TKC432

Nope .... its oil.  Pretty obvious.  as it leaks out around the needle a column of air bubbles enter the vial so there is an obvious gap between the needle and seal that doesn't even close all the way once the needle is removed. 

SenseiMiagi

I dont think sterility would be a problem anymore than what the air would cause that you pump in before drawing.  Likely poked twice right next to each other on rubber seal causing larger hole than intended.  I never understood the impatience of needing to use a bigger guage to draw, shitbit doesnt take that long with a 23g to draw.

Could be pressure needs to be restabilized.  Ive had to do this midbottle even when injecting what I pull.  Stick a fresh empty pin in and push or draw, whatever is required...the plunger will tell you.

Maybe the rubber seal used in manufacturing process isnt highest quality, which is not unlikely since material costs can be shaved to increase profit.  Use smaller guage to draw...I personally draw and shoot with 23g with no issues, but to each their own.  Please let us know if the source responds and if any conclusion was met.

TKC432

Just finished a very helpful conversation with my source.  Great guy!  No way I'm going to be shopping for a new source as long as he's still up and running.  Basically he echoed what you folks here had to say ... make sure I inject air prior to drawing.  He said there is a slight chance that the vial had a pressure issue to begin with and to put the syringe in and see if the plunger moves out on its own ... thus equalizing the pressure.  Also suggested a 22g for drawing but that the 20g I am using is fine as long as I move around the stopper and not hit the same place again and again.  Honestly, I think that is what the main issue is with my problem ... pretty sure I haven't been moving around the stopper enough.  I know I have been drawing from that little inner circle each time and didn't know until now that just about anywhere in the rubber stopper is good to go.  So tonight I will for sure draw from outside that circle in a fresh area.   He also said not to worry about the sterility .... the air going in isn't gonna cause any issues that the alcohol in there can't control.  So ... not gonna toss this one out.  Gonna pin again in about 2 hours and call it good.  Left quad tonight.  So I am all good ... learning a lot with this first 'Big Boy' cycle.  Thanks for all the words of wisdom from the good folks here at MG.

In the middle of week 4 and I am really starting to feel it now.  Had an awesome session at the gym this afternoon ... and overall I just feel great! 

SemperFi

TK,

+1 - Thanks for following up and I am glad you received a satisfactory resolution and feel confident of the info received. 

Also glad you are enjoying your training on the dark side!

SEMPER FI

Dolf

A stopper is a good half inch of rubber type material. The most likely cause is too much pressure inside the vial versus air pressure outside the vial. The greater inside pressure is pushing oil out through the stopper. Try removing 1ml of air from the vial with a pin.

millsberry pie

I always leave the top on the needle when drawing air prior to pressurizing the vial. Probably doesn't help but sure as hell can't hurt.