volenteers

wtdragon

Anybody do any volenteer work at all. My wife says good things happen when you do good things. This year I'm Making my kids come and work at food bank on thanksgiving,  don't get me wrong we are still gonnathrow down on dinner but not till we are done helping out the less fortunate. We have a truck that comes to the church up the road once a month and gives bags of groceries out to people. The thing is alot of the people I see up there getting bags end up going and getting in there brand new Buick or or Nissan and makes me wonder are they really that hard up or do they just take advantage of a situation. Maybe if they didn't have a 500 dollar car payment they could afford food for home. 

Dolf

I don't have time to donate my time,but I do donate money to the Salvation Army every chance I can. It's a great charity that does a lotnof goid with a little money.

A

AnabolicPerformance

I stick to donating money too. Wounded Warrior, Shriners, St. Jude, and Salvation Army are good ones I think the money is really put to a good cause. I did volunteer for Habitat for Humanity back in my college days, learned a lot...learned I suck at building houses and the nice people working there too will be looking at you like they will just about donate you some money if you just stop volunteering the labor.

Outlawthing

I have a little ministry going on I pretty much supoprt two families I send them 600$ per month  and last month I bought them a washer and dryer. They work and  nicest people you will ever meet they don't ask for anything they will do without first just a poor part of the state no good jobs little pay they don't get help from govt either I take them food on the holidays and make sure they have a good Christmas  they don't have a pot to puss in or a window to throw it out of  But they are happy with life then I see people with all kinda nice stuff mad at the world makes you wonder huh ?

I volunteer my time when I get the chance too. WTDragon, I like the idea of making the kids help out at the food bank on Thanksgiving. That's good stuff brother! When I was a kid my parents took me to Skid Row (in LA) on Easter to help feed all the homeless people. I will never forget it. It change my perspective and made me thankful for the few things we did have.

Dolf

Wounded Warrior and Lone Survivor Foundation are both great charities for our vets. 

A

Axle

charity is good for the soul.  I like to donate when I can to our vets they have or do give up so much to make sure we sleep well at nights.   I'm not a religious man but I donate quite a bit to local churches.  Makes me feel good that maybe itl help somebody in need out.   if I have a bad day buying a stranger lunch can turn it around.

MRFIXIT

I know I know... Im not a bible thumper nor am I preaching... I just want to say

Everyone has their beliefs.. I am a religious man and give when I can... but I keep it to myself (I mean this with no disrespect guys you are all wonderful for doing what you do! But I go by this...

Matthew 6:2
"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

Matthew 6:4
But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.