What about raw eggs?

Strenghtup

This may sound a little old school and like i've been watching too much rocky or something but if i were to have two raw eggs a day would this help.. I have a friend who swears by raw eggs and thinks the're amazing just wondering what you guys have to say?

Strenghtup

I think egg nutrient absorbtion is high in any form. But i've read too that absorbtion can be increased by cooking

Thanks!

BobbyO190

Dieses man. Too high risk.  Even if raising your own chickens. 

By the way, have you ever see an egg processing plant?  Don't do it, cook them! 

That said, eggs rule for good easy delicious protein, just please cook them :) 

Big Nasty

I just started taking Muscle Eggs which is pure egg whites (flavored with no calorie shit) but it is egg whites because I have cooked them as well just to make sure it didnt have a bunch of filler shit. . Great for a quick real food complete protein. Every morning I have been blending the following; 2 cups egg whites, 2 scoops of protein, = 100 grams of egg and whey protein., half cup to 1 cup of oatmeal steal cut, half a banana, fish oil. Its actually not bad. I drink half before workout as my first meal and the other half right after as my post workout meal.  I can only hope my absorption is good. I hate cooking and the meal planning so I do love the expediency of this shake which is all real food accept the whey protein. 

S

supps

Sounds alright, but I still say nothing takes the place of real food... I hate cooking as well and prepping sucks ass, but it's a necessary part of body building... gotta get that 5000 cals a day man! ;)

Boomhauer

raw eggs contain avidin which humans cannot digest, there is also the risk of salmonella.

Rocky was a LONG time ago lol

SemperFi

Muscle Eggs are pasteurized so they are actually already cooked and provide all the benefits of a cooked egg white. I use pasteurized egg whites every morning to cook a nice low fat, rich in protein egg dish. I use 2 or 3 whole eggs and 3 egg whites.

Strenghtup

Nice, man. Love to make shakes in the blender and need to try your recipe. Thanks

Big Nasty said:
</p><p>2 cups egg whites, 2 scoops of protein, = 100 grams of egg and whey protein., half cup to 1 cup of oatmeal steal cut, half a banana, fish oil.</p><p>
</p>

Amazonjames

I am not saying it's right but I eat raw eggs all of the time.

For me it's because they are a great easy cheap source of protein, but I cannot stand the taste of cooked eggs.

I just pop them one at a time into a cup and swallow whole. They go down really easily that way and do not taste of anything.

When I put more than one at a time and blend or stir them they get very slimy and taste horrible.

For me it is a very simple choice.

Either quickly drink four raw eggs and get 28 grams of protein. Or don't eat them at all because I won't eat them cooked.

ashop

I always admired ROCKY for doing it but could NEVER do it myself! I prefer mine cooked.