What if I don't really lift weights?

Blahblah

With the New Year quickly approaching I am looking ahead and I want to get back into martial arts training.  Unfortunately, I never like to do anything half assed and I will end up training pretty much everyday, and not really lifting weights at all.

(I've spent the last 2 years primarily focused on weight lifting)

So what if I was on a Test cycle, and just doing BJJ and Muay Thai a few times a week?

I've got a cycle in the mail with Test E and Anavar...

I had GREAT results from my first two Test E Only +PCT cycles, gaining about 20 pounds of muscle...

Damn it! There is just not  enough time in the day!!!

ramdisck

You'll probably grow a set of tits and a mangina.  then will come the acne and the baldness.  

No, really though AAS will assist in building muscle and recovery and helping to keep gains.  I ran a test only cycle while i spent 90% of my time training for an ironman. I kept my muscle that I know i would have lost and i was able to do more.

I

icdeadlifters

Ehhhhh... I agree with ram. I've ran quiet a few cycles now over the years. Was reading an article one day about Lee priest doing bulk cycles and not training.... And he got big, no muscle definition, a big belly. I ran a bulk only using test c at 750/mg ew on cycle (very little training) and I gained 27lbs. Lost 5lbs. But I had no definition just that swole bulky look. So I belief that you can run a bulker with no training but muscle is weight also. You gain wayyyyyy more if you train hard. Currently doing a bulk only cycle with test at 750/mg ew and dbol 50/mg ed. But I'm also training ALOT, and eating every thing I can. So you can cycle without training......... But why buy a house if you can't live in it? IMO.... If you're gonna "donate" to obtain that cycle, the risk, the $, shit I'm gonna get as much I possibly can with that cycle. But it comes to its your body, cycle...etc. Actually you can train 2-3 days a week (hard) and still put on some good mass.  

Good luck...  Keep us posted on your decision.

M

Mister A

Depends what kind of martial arts you're talking about for starters. If you mean serious MMA training twice a day then you would run an 8 week short ester cycle with compounds that actually made sense with your training.

A Test E and Anavar cycle makes no sense for a fighter, in my opinion. I'd want to use compounds that improved my strength and work capacity tremendously. And I'd want to use short esters to prevent bloating, maintain my weight class, avoid drug tests if necessary and to be able to drop or substitute compounds in a time efficient manner.

If you're doing martial arts recreationally for an hour or two after work a couple days a week, you could run test at a low dose (400-500mg/week) to prevent muscle loss and keep strength levels up while not training.

If you're not training with weights however, you can't expect to maintain your raw strength without compounds designed for strength. Your max bench and squat will go down, but if you're training on the mat everyday, your sport specific strength will increase. Obviously being big and muscular is an advantage in anything (I still laugh at people who think highly muscular baseball players are hindered by their mass - Barry Bonds .609 OBP in 2004 says otherwise). But it's tough to have it all in the fight game due to the intensity of the actual training - it is probably the most catabolic training you can do. So when we see guys like Brock or Alistair (when they weren't testing him) you recognize that everything is dialed in and balanced perfectly - diet, sparring, weight training, endurance training, drugs, recovery, coaching, genetics - everything perfectly planned and executed to create human beings like that. They're works of art.

So yeah, it depends what you wanna do, brother. Ditch the Anavar if you're fighting. It's for the beach or for girls. ;)

Gear2Go

Anavar, is not bad for a fighter, its not as good a winny or Tbol. Anavar can keep strength up while not affecting the weight of the fighter, plus when cutting weight for a fight it helps keep muscle from waisting and dent make you feel lethargic like many other orals. Many fighters run var because they can't risk weight gain. Its fast in the system. Fast out of the system. 

However, with that said, I would run Test prop/ or E and tbol or Promagnon. That way your cardio is good and when your on the mat you'll notice how good your strength gets.

Dolf

We had a mma fighter on here, and he said stanolone ace is very popular among fighters now.

SemperFi

DHT and/or DHT derivatives are a top choice in the circle of weight restricted athletes I have spent time with.

SEMPER FI