What's the deal

Bigstick_00

I was off the air all weekend doing family stuff and came back online this morning, and I only saw one new post since last Friday! Why aren't any of you new members participating??? For f$&k sake throw a post up and at least say your dog is having puppies or something!!! We need participation guys and gals!

D

dolfanshan

I've been dealing with the wife having an abcess and swolen mouth all weekend. Poor girl has been in horrible pain, and the dentist lancing her gum hasn't helped short term so far.

siegmund

Im also at my witts end with the bussiness , and I have like 5 jobs to finish and the snow is flying soon , that and the fact , that I didnt take a stroke yet , and im dead serious , ive never had so much stress in my life as now with buss

Standingup

It did seem like a quiet weekend but I also take it as a good thing that people are out doing things.  But no puppies in my house thank goodness !   

Bigstick_00

Not refering to the vets on this site guys, it's a reference to the new members that come on site, as for help, then disappear for months! Sorry to hear about the wife dolph, that's not fun at all! 

N

noveskeelite

Message boards aren't everyones thing. I cant even get my training partner to post here. Ive said time and again people use this for the sources and that's it.

D

Dont_trip

That has been my problem I am at the point of just saying  "If they don't care Why should I" Not the attitude I wanted but man I am sick of how many sleeper members we have here.I am done for now Until I see some kind of resurgence.

siegmund

Patients , I was here when I was posting , basicly to my self , sifi, kfizz, and I one other , but I was the main poster , myself and milkin, and now 5am I see , nov, stand, bigstick , bigl (etc sometimes) dolpf , d-t ,  and eric , and johnathon , and wess ,, so we are growing and.I must say its a quality growth , and it will only double if not triple the next year ,, and then bang take off , these sites (im learning ) may take years to get where we want to be , but for me , I see soo much growth. Sieg

N

noveskeelite

I started posting here couple months after you joined.

milkin

All of you have made an extended effort to try to ignite the forums but you cant get blood from a rock guys. Sleepers are just that and there is nothing you, I, or anyone else can do to get their fingers tapping the keyboard. Someday perhaps they will see realize the importance behind contributing to such a site as well as the impact it has on it's growth.

Let's lay it on the table here. We are a review site and aside from the occasional review that each member has to contribute, socializing is what we are left with. Whether it's about your cycle, someone else's cycle, your diet, your routine, your new dog, your old lady's new boyfriend, your neighbor's hot ass, or whatever.... Chat forums are what makes community grow. We ask and share advice, we share our past experiences, and we come to socialize about whatever. That' whats we want to create here @ MG, a comfortable atmosphere where members can feel at home.

What differentiates one review site from the next ? I mean really, what's the difference ? The only difference I see is personality. Each sites evolves into it's own personality and it is then people elect to hang their cap and call that place home. On the flip side, I have seen members bail out of a site due to what it has evolved into. Now wouldn't you think that having the ability to have multiple review sites at your fingertips would prove to be advantageous ? Many of you belong to other sites, yet you still elect to post here as well. So what's your opinions on why members elsewhere are not interested in having multiple review sites at their disposal ? You would think that they would realize that sources become much more competitive when there is competition because this means more business for them.

Standingup

Call me cookuu but I think there is an intimidation factor. I think some people believe that if they are seen posting on another board they will have it held against them by others .  Im not saying its true or not just what I believe from my own experience what is running through some peoples minds.

D

Dont_trip

Look at this site's history it has only had 5-6 members active at the most at one time....and those members from the start are now gone and I am serious when I say if things don't pick up members will leave....As I said before we need some life pumped into this place.I have been hanging out on another board because to be honest it is too dead and Trying to constantly generate forum topics  get's old.That is not the only reason of course but it is a major one I love this place but shit There is a saying(One of a few) that I live by "If nothing changes Then Nothing changes" and that applies to this place.Keep doing what your doing your gonna keep getting what your getting....Moral of the story let's do something  to make this place grow brothers.*Disclaimer*Just my humble opinion

piston

I no people are scared to post on another site and that make them prisoners of that site. They must like being bitches.

K

krisbr

Hey guys,  I'll go ahead and say sorry about not being active. Been going through alot lately. I've been working some long hours out of town. So I get home and it's family time. It's been really straining the family life. Plus this job is coming to an end so things are pushed. I went to my gym the other day and my buddy said I looked like I had cancer. Wtf I don't know if he was fucking with me or not.

Bigstick_00

I can admit I am a member on another site, but I really only look at it for sources. I have never posted on a different site. I liked MG from the moment I signed up and knew it was gonna be my home. I understand that this is basically a review site, but it seems more often that it's being used by the newer members that get into trouble with using because they don't research the info they should before hand. I remember being a newb here not to long ago. I've asked for help from time to time but I at least did the homework and understand what I am doing and what the end result can be! I have stayed active and I make an effort to give back to this community, and I will continue to do so!

milkin

Tell your buddy that's a terrible thing to reference someone as having. Apparently his life has not been affected with someone close to him having cancer. Good luck with your current sistuation kisber and no worries, we will still be here when you return :) 

milkin

Well we all came from somewhere and yes, I personally have been a member of every possible review site out there. After seeing what goes on, and having birds eye view of behind the scenes antics, I had elected to dedicate all of my time here in an attempt to make a honest review site grow. Guys, we do not look down on members who are active on other sites. The one thing i have trouble understanding is why members from over sites wouldn't want to expand their knowledge and sbare their experiences here. Even when Nitti popped in we welcomed him with open arms and he made a meaningful statement. We are fighting the same battle here just with different colors. If you think about that for a sec you will agree. Cross talk is more valuable that you know since it helps keep corrupt sources in check. 

Standingup

But Milkin you are assuming that keeping corrupt sources in check is the primary goal of the other sites and that may not be the case. Certainly there will be a few who they want to filter out, but then there may be a few they want in place and what happens when those few don't match with yours ?