What's your guys take on the cutler protein

Littleyokes

I've been seeing a Ton of protein companies lately getting caught up in scams and what not. I haven't heard anything on Cutlers proteins....yet that is. I do know the taste is amazing and mixs like nesquik. Almost taste to good to be true. So anyone try it or hear of the cons of his product?

swolesam

bro , no need to throw you're hard earned money on unknowns and questionable products. Until they prove themselves, in my opinion - use known tested companies:

labdoor.com/

Dolf

X2 with sam!

Several companies as of late have been caught amino spiking their proteins. MP's Arnold series being one. 40g of protein tested out at 19g and the rest spiked with cheap amino's. 

Me personally I try my best to get my protein from whole foods. 

SemperFi

X2

12 eggs - 72gr

1 cup chicken breast - 42g

1 cup raw almonds - 20g

4oz chedder cheese - 28g

1 cup cottage cheese - 25g

Whole trout (2 filets) - 34g

It is pretty easy to get your protein numbers up with whole foods. The above are just examples. 

There is much debate concerning the quality of proteins and if the body recognizes powder proteins any different than whole food proteins. IMO the body sees them as the same but because of marketing strategies that lack integrity for profits I do my best to get the majority of my proteins from whole food. 

SEMPER FI

Littleyokes

Yea,amino spiking is the shit I'm talking about when it comes to the scam thing. IMO it seems like the newer companies would wanna stay on point with their quality of product due to them being new to the scene and people testing their product to make sure their product is pure and has actual amounts of protein and what not. where as a older company has been around a while and people have already tested their product. Almost like they get comfortable and worry free about it. But I could be ass backwards.

swolesam

SF - i like the listing. Do you eat 12 WHOLE eggs? Or egg whites brother?? 'cause 12 egg whites wont add up to 72 gr of protein.

Yokes - 1 thing to consider is the fat some foods carry along with the high protein content. Example almonds, eggs, Steak,.. Keep a tab on the numbers and dont ignore the fats sneaking into your diet through other protein sources, they all add up. I only started seeing this when i use Macro-app on my cell phone to log nutrition i eat. Something to watch out for. So if you're going on a 45% Protein , 35% carb, 20% fat as an example, you might want to consider cleaner sources of protein , i.e ones not carrying too much fat content along with them like lean cottage cheese, chicken breast, tuna,...etc.

SharonKY

what app do you use??

I have one (My Plate), but I am wanting something that scans and allows me to do more than just three meals and a snack.

SemperFi

I was just throwing that out there Hulk for whole food protein ideas as examples. It is great that you mention it for other members who might need to be concerned about their fat intake.

I'll take the fat content of farm fresh egg yolks all day long! Remember I am a high fat keto junkie! ;)

SEMPER FI

swolesam

I've been through 4 of them so far. The latest one im using now which seems to be a keeper imo is MyNetDiary with a green apple logo if you look it up in app store. I use android, but im sure they have it released on apple & android platforms. I get the grams of fat, sat fat, carbs, and proteins and the % of the F/C/P for the day. All great features + many others. 

Negatives - 3 meals fixed & snacks. yes sucks, but i can live with that. The other SHITTY thing is it doesnt account for fiber in carbs. So if i have a quest bar with 10+ grams of fiber carbs, the app simply throws all the carbs together, so if you look in the end of day at 200g of carbs, it looks bad, but if you know that 120g of them is fiber, hmmm the whole picture changes. Yes, this is a MAJOR fault here in this app. but the best i found so far. 

Please share if you find something even better than this one.

swolesam

Totally. I was referring to the concept of calculating everything in the food source people ingest. So if you're eating chicken, dont just add the protein and ignore the fat / carbs EVEN if its < 10g. These grams add up in the end of the day and they can make or break your diet plan and hinder your from reaching your goal whatever it is - loose weight, add muscle,.. That holds especially true for the carb sensitive folks out there like myself, every damn gram of carb counts, and needs to be calculated in the daily "macros".