What's your thoughts on resting a body part

D

Dont_trip

im of he believe that while on, training a body part 1x a week intensely is the best approach calves 2x a week but everything else, you need the time to recover I used to do the 2xs a week or the back and bicep chest tricep Split and found the gains pales in comparison to hitting 1 body part a week and letting it recover for a minimum of

6-7 days excepts for

tricepa and biceps unlike to pair then together because everyone knows they work

betterlol

Hey Trip...

Body needs time for rest and recovery always. I usually alternate my routines so I am giving that body part at least 3 or 4 days to recover. Rest and recovery prevents injury as well. 

Dolf

I'm of the same belief too, but as of late I've been training a lagging part twice per week for short periods of time, and like the concept. As for calves I have genetically disadvantaged calves lol so I've switched to a 5 day a week plan. I load my 20 rep max and do 1 set rest pause for 80 reps ed. Calves are worked more than any other muscle with the exception of your heart and tongue, so those of us with genetically disadvantaged calves need to shock them into growth. I wish I could work my bi's and tri's 2X per week, but my tendons say otherwise. Imo training just like aas is not a one size shoe fits all. I say find what you like best, and respond to best and stick with it.

D

Dont_trip

i think we all know intensity wins all the time and my favorite techniques are in this order pre exhaust,rest pause, occcasionly using forced negatives usually on a. Smith machine or some

othet machine 

SenseiMiagi

Im typically a once a week guy, but its all relative to intensity, diet, lifestyle, and idividual genetics.  Theres only so much time in the day I can dedicate to fitness as the father of 2 school age children, so I have to make once a week work.  Id love to try a twice a week routine, but I think that requires not only gym time, but diet and rest time.  

calmb4dastorm

I used to  believe that training each body part once weekly was the way for me to go...until i changed my split. I started train back and chest Together twice a week, legs twice weekly and noticed very very great results. I allow 3 to 4  for days maxlegs to recover before hitting them. again.  I think it's specific to each individual body the time alloted for rest and recovery. I had always heard that each muscle needs 24 to 48 hours to recover. Knowing your body allows for you to base your rest on your needs and not the needs of someone else.

nutwick0

Well, this mostly depends are you on gear or not and your genetics.

If you are on gear you can train longer and more often as your body will recover faster.

If you are not on gear you have to watch your body, see how it responds and how quickly it is recovering.