Whole Grain Bread with Avacado Butter and Eggs

SharonKY

Here it is....the bread is homemade, the avocado butter is clean as a whistle, and the eggs are hard boiled. 

[[{"fid":"30040","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","link_text":null,"attributes":{"height":280,"width":280,"class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"}}]]

Avacado Butter

1 ripe avacado

1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed and drained again

Lemon Juice

Garlic Powder

Onion Powder

1/8c MCT Oil (or any oil that you prefer)

Salt and Pepper

Throw it all in a food processor except for the oil.  Pulse to combine, then put on constant cycle and drizzle in oil until it is a smooth consistency.  Makes about 16oz. 

Nutrition Facts for Avocado Butter Only

20 Servings

Amount Per Serving

• Calories 67.0

• Total Fat 4.4 g

• Saturated Fat 0.6 g

• Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7 g

• Monounsaturated Fat 2.9 g

• Cholesterol 0.0 mg

• Sodium 72.4 mg

• Potassium 85.1 mg

• Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g

• Dietary Fiber 1.6 g

• Sugars 0.0 g

• Protein 1.4 g

• Vitamin A 0.4 %

• Vitamin B-12 0.0 %

• Vitamin B-6 6.9 %

• Vitamin C 2.8 %

• Vitamin D 0.0 %

• Vitamin E 0.6 %

• Calcium 0.9 %

• Copper 2.8 %

• Folate 5.9 %

• Iron 2.1 %

• Magnesium 2.4 %

• Manganese 7.9 %

• Niacin 1.0 %

• Pantothenic Acid 2.0 %

• Phosphorus 2.6 %

• Riboflavin 1.2 %

• Selenium 1.0 %

• Thiamin 0.9 %

• Zinc 2.1 %

I

icdeadlifters

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa, I needed that. Thanx Sharon for the recipe and nutrition values.

LOOKS AMAZING

SharonKY

Anything for my MG family!!

You could really season it anyway you wanted...the avocado and chickpeas are just a base.  You could do some chopped dried tomato and basil or jalepeño and cilantro...the list goes on and on....

My son ate some of it with some quinoa crackers....

Enjoy!

I

icdeadlifters

Actually at wally world now buying the ingredients. Was going to put cilantro and jalapeño and I think I will.....  Ohhhhhh gonna be tasty....

swolesam

Sharon , how much time does it typically take to make that? Do you spend an ample amount of time for preperations & such, or is it 15 mins or less including prep time?

swolesam

not bad. you got it down to a science ;) It'd probably take me much longer in the beginning until i get a hang of it.

SharonKY

Really...its super simple.....you throw everything but the oil in the food processor and whirl it ....add the oil in slowly until it is smooth and creamy.  Done.  Unless you want to chop up a jalepeño and mix it in after its been processed.

SharonKY

Let me know what you think....ours is half gone already with the kid snacking on it......he is a bottomless pit at 19 years old!

swolesam

look at you making it sound so simple :) well, my definition of easy is MUCH simpler - cutting up 2 cucumbers and throwing them in a container with 1 cup of cottage cheese and black olives and maybe some olive oil. 1 meal down!

SemperFi

Gave it a spin Sharon. I don't eat bread so I used it as a celery/cucumber dip. It was excellent. Added some lemon grass to the recipe and it only seemed to add to the complex flavor.

Thank you for sharing.

SEMPER FI

SharonKY

Ohhhh I didnt think of lemon grass...Im going to try this.  It's actually a great base for lost of flavor combinations as it's pretty bland on its own.  Tonight I smeared some on my steak....wow!!!

Glad you liked it!

Khor20

I'm coming to you when I'm stuck looking for a good dinner to make my wife on her days off, she big fan of quinoa? Any good ones with that?

SharonKY

quinoa and kale....quinoa is actually a very anabolic food :)  The trick is not to wash it before you cook it...

I like quinoa...made in chicken broth, then add chopped kale that has been sautéd in a little MCT oil with garlic and lemon. 

strong

OK SemperFI, I used to do a lot of Quinoa but switched over to Farro.  I cook the Farro then set aside. Sautee onions and red pepper along with Broccoli and Mushrooms. Throw some garlic and Italian to finish. Toss in the farro on high flame for a minute and toss. Love it.