Why you will fail to achieve what you want to achieve.

SemperFi

If you are like most of us here on MG you are looking to improve yourself in some fashion or reach a goal through the use of performance enhancing drugs. And just like most of us you will most likely fail to reach your goals through the use of performance enhancing drugs.

Here is why -

1. You are looking for a shortcut because you lack discipline.

2. You do not know what you really want to accomplish.

3. You lack the focus required to be better than you are right now.

4. You have insufficient reasons to use performance enhancing drugs.

5. You are distracted easily and will be distracted by the next big idea.

6. You lack a belief in yourself and/or in your goal.

7. You possess insufficient knowledge and lack the patience to gain the required knowledge.

8. You lack the time required and money needed to do it right.

9. You lack the energy needed and will give into your bodies demands.

10. Inadequate or insufficient support.

Very few individuals are the exception to the above. The reason why elite athletes are elite is because there are so few people like them. So few people have what it takes to achieve their goals and become elite in their own right.

Those are the facts why most will fail and you get to decide what you are going to do about it.

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

Can't think of anything else to add to the list. These are definitely questions to ask oneself before embarking on the journey. 

TKC432

Harsh but very true.  If it was easy everyone would do it and their would be no elite in this game. 

mbeaubien

Thanks for posting. I have been working out for a year and am now taking that leap.

2,4,10 could be a problem for me.

with number 10, I think I can count on you guys. The other 2 I am redefining for success.

M

Mister A

Brother. Thank you for bringing this post back up. If 4 is a problem for you, then you can eliminate it simply by deciding to hold off on the use of performance enhancing drugs for now. If 2 is a problem for you, I urge you to ask yourself what you would do and who you would become if money and time and resources were no object. If you had unlimited amounts of everything you could need, what would you spend your time doing? Who would you choose to become? In what ways would you want to develop? Most people know what they want, but are afraid to admit it to themselves because admitting it makes it real. And if it's something they don't believe they can achieve, they will feel a sense of failure even before they attempt it. Take away all the limiting factors and then ask yourself how you want to spend your time here.

You're right on 10 - we have your back. But I also encourage you to start being who you decide you want to be in 2. Once you begin to trend towards a vision you have for yourself, the cooperative components will begin to align with you. The best way I can describe it is that we attract what we are, not what we want. So if you're looking for a great support system - support someone else. The gains we make in life are directly correlated to how much of ourselves we're willing to invest in others. Be a light for someone else today and I guarantee you they will shine enough for both of you to see through the night.

Thank you again, Brother.

SemperFi

I could not disagree more. Genetics is the lame ass excuse used when someone is not willing to work hard enough to be all that they can be. Can we all be Arnold, Lynn Swann, or Hank Aaron? Heck no.....

....but each and everyone of us can be the best that we can be. Elite in our own right.

SEMPER FI

N

NolinC

Yeah - I know. But the reality is, if your goal is to be Mr. Universe, you will never reach it unless you chose your parents with great care.

Mleblanc

Agreed 100%,  your mind is the main problem. But if you can get mentally strong and your mind know is can do what ever your goal is there is no limits at that point ! 

M

Mister A

"You cannot allow other people's limiting beliefs determine what you can or cannot do."

There are very determined and strong minded people out there who feed on things like, "you will never reach it."

SemperFi

Tell that to Spud Webb, Lionel Messi or Jim Abbott. Besides that.... not reaching your goal is not failure. Giving up trying is. ;)

[[{"fid":"33905","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default"},"type":"media","link_text":null,"attributes":{"alt":"9/4/93: Jim Abbott's No-Hitter","class":"media-element file-default"}}]]

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

Even Arnold had to battle genetics to a degree, but he had the 10 criterion nailed. I think he worked on calves alone for over 600 hours to get them up to par.

blastthru23

When I hear someone say that I can't, or lack the skill to do something that I want to do, that sounds like dinner is cooking to me, meats on the table, time to feed off those insecurities that are theirs, not mine. "Watch this," I think to myself grinning with delight of the challenge,"HA!"

Banana Ben

Either you have it inside of you or you don't. Some people have it and don't realize they do until they reach deep down inside and find what It is that they are looking for to succeed.

It's true about sometimes you have to fail to learn how to succeed.

There are limits to how far some people can go because of diseases such as Epilepsy ect. but my goal isn't to become a Kai Greene or a Jay Cutler, it's to be the best I can be in my life. To me that is success. 

Just my opinions, and that 1-10 list is all true, good post and it helps people reevaluate their way of thinking and going about achieving their goals.

You're right, I can't is really... I can't be bothered to get on with it.