Wrist pain..

sonyQ

Hello,
About 3 weeks ago I did something really stupid and am afraid it will hunt me for the rest of my life. It was deadlift day so I went through the routine like normal. Afterwards I still felt unusually energetic so I decided I would try snatches...well 1st set bamn, no problem. Next set came up, lifted the bar, went to rotate the wrist and push up and felt a surge of tingling. I immediately left the gym.

Now for the injury - For the first 2 weeks I did not go to the gym at all. I was unable to put any pressure on the inside of my palm (think pushup). That pain has gone away, but now when I hold a weight (think shrugs) I have a bad pain near the "ball" of my wrist. I also cannot do close grip barbell exercises (think close grip barbell press). I have an appointment for an MRI in August....but I am concerned! Not to mention I am not as excited to go to the gym as I used to be

Thanks in advance.

weedgit

Im sorry to hear about your injury. you shouldve went to see a doc asap. not being able to put pressure on your wrist is pretty serious. it could be a minor fracture of the one of the carpal bones in your wrist. it could also be a torn ligament or tendon. hopefully, it could be just a sprain or strain. try not to place any additional strain on your hand, and if possible, see a doc immediately.

Beethov

I agree with weedgit,it could definatley be a fracture.I fractured my left wrist a few years back(being stupid and fighting) and just recently this year it started acting up.I cannot nor do I feel the desire to even touch a barbell to do bicep curls,I have to use dumbells,same for preacher curls although I have not tried the ez curl bar.I've been loading up daily on msm and joint support and it helps but I know I must go to the doc soon to have that and my knee examed.
Hope all works out man.
Take care

steve

not enough info... need to know your range of motion in that wrist, whats the pain feel like, does it radiate anywhere, was there any discoloration or deformities... etc.

this could just be a gangerian cyst brought on by pressure

Bbuild

Please elaborate. There are important factors that are not cited in your post, I agree with steve, this could just be a gangerian cyst brought on by pressure.

Walter

Hello sonyQ,
Realy very sorry to hear about your injury. I just want to say you have to go to your doc. immediately. And don't give any kind of pressure on your hands and wrist.