You must be yolking !!

Standingup

I had a P.M. with a new friend here and we were talking about eating the yolk or not. About 6 maybe ten years ago I don't think youd have much evidence to back you if you said eat the yolk. Today however people are starting to come around and there is a lot of evidence to support us Yolk Eaters .

Personally I just don't like the taste of an egg without the yolk .  Its my feeling the yolk should be there for best nutrition too. There is an enzymatic reaction between the yolk and white that allows the body to better absorb the protein and minerals in the egg . After all it is a natural food made perfect just the way it is. Also studys have proven that eating foods high in cholesterol do not affect blood cholesterol levels, its saturated fats that do that.

Some guys say they are only after protein rich foods, but I feel that is a mistake. Its my belief we need other vitamins and minerals in our diet to take full advantage of  proteins muscle building power anyway.

So are you eating egg whites or whole eggs, lets hear it .

Standingup

Funny thing too, if I have scrambled egg whites or an egg white only omelette , I will barely eat any just because it doesn't taste great. But when I make scrambled with whole eggs, 6 or 8 to my self is not a problem.

In fact a little cooking trick for you guys ;  If you take 6 eggs to beat up for scrambled , add two extra yolks only . So that's 6 whole and 2 yolk only , and I think you will find the taste is so much better plus the texture and everything.

D

dolfanshan

I eat the whole egg too. I'm with you; egg whites only taste like shit. They've just recently started to understand unsaturated fats vs saturated fats. 

strong

I definitely eat the yolks. if ur just eating the egg for protein than the whites have a little more protein than the yolks. we need the fats and other nutrients from the yolk. like anything else. BALANCE.... don't sit down every day and eat a plate of egg yolks.

siegmund

I always ate the whole egg , to much time to seperate for one , not to mention I like the way they taste 

D

dolfanshan

Its similar to cream of wheat but taste much much better. They are made from hominy.

Standingup

You know Im sure they have them in the stores up here, Im just going to have to look more carefully and get some.  I mean Ive certainly heard about them all my life and have travelled through the south, but in all these years have never cooked them or tasted them. I do love my hot oatmeal right about now, (2 degree mornings)  but an alternative would be cool.

jonathan

Whole egg,the york contains 1 half of the protein of the egg and is packed full of vitamins and minerals its all ment to be eaten just as nature intented

I am the 1

Yeah it more like cream of wheat. I think it takes around 3 minutes to cook in the microwave. I was eating eggs and oatmeal in the morning( not mix together) and I saw a documentary on Ronnie Coleman. He was eating 2 quarts of egg whites and a couple packages of cheese grits. Then he would place slice cheese on top. I figured if it could work for Mr O then it could work for me. That was about 8 or 10 years ago.

D

dolfanshan

That sounds good. Might have to try that! BTW Ronnie Coleman is the fucking man!!! He's a cop and roided out of his fucking mind...lol