Young But Smart

malthouse5656

Sorry in advance this post has nothing to do with fitness, lifting, or the gym at all. But it does involve commitment, dedication, and believing. Today I was able to purchase a watch I've wanted since I was 16. Today I purchased my first Rolex watch. I bought the 2007 18K Yellow Gold Rolex Yachtaster II. Ive been getting a lot of shit from people for buying that, or people just saying "must be nice  mommy and daddy's money" and just jibberish of that nature. It doesn't phase me though. Because what they don't know, is that I've put 3 years, into the stock market. When I was 17 i started off with 9,600 dollars (that I saved from summer, and odd jobs I worked since I was 13). I had built my portfolio to over 75,000 over the last 3 years. I paid 32,475 dollars for my watch. I'm down to about 42,500 dollars as of right now. But this post is just a go to show what hard work and determination can provide. I'm 20 years old with more money saved then 65% of Americans have for there retirement. So this is just a little motivation for any of you out there on this forum to get out there and get what you want out of life. Wealth, and financial freedom is made on the same principles we follow to reach our fitness goals. Hard work, dedication, and commitment. Something that is dying in my generation. Everyone expects a handout, or for mommy and daddy to care of it and it's sickening. I for one will never rely on the help of others to achieve what I want out of life. Because at the end of the day we have only ourselves to rely on. So brothers and sisters, go out today and get what you want out of life! 

Malt is out 

I

icdeadlifters

" It's not what you got, it's what you give". We all love to enjoy the fruit of our labor. Much like the farmer who pulls a good crop. Same applies to bb if you don't put 100+ into it you won't get shit. And as far as people making ludacris and inflammatory statements about you....? It's not them, it's about you. Much like a recovering addict would say " Be greedy with your recovery ". It's not up to you to explain people's ignorance. Congrats on the purchase.... I love watches myself and own a great collection. And as I've collected " fabulous " time pieces over the years. I've come to learn... I had to work very hard to get them. Much like my a.a.s. and training. 

Always remember.... 

If your ship doesn't come in... Swim to it

Oooooooh rahhhhhh to drill Sgt Olson.

Dolf

A few of you younger guys in here give me some hope for your generation. Hard work pays off, and you just decided to enjoy some of the fruits of your labor. Absolutely nothing wrong with that brotha! As far as the haters go that just lets you know you're doing something right because when you do good haters try to drag you down. You can't fly with eagles hanging out with turkeys on the ground. My dad wasn't the best of fathers but he did instill into me and all my brothers to always work hard, don't rely on others to do for you, be your own man, be a leader, and never lay a hand on a woman.

calmb4dastorm

Malt! You work hard and deserve to treat yourself to whatever you desire. Anyone else's opinion is just that...an opinion. We cannot live our lives by someone else's standards. Continue to do things that make you happy.