yummy tasty banana bread (but no bread) recipe

built_tough

try this out guys. i have already made this like 4 times already and ate every single bit of it.  its very good.  as far as macros are concerned ill have to figure that out, but if you look at the ingredients im sure you will figure out its actually very low cal and very low carb.  

equipment needed.  

blender

squared baking pan .  roughly 4x4 inches? not super big but kind of medium sized.

ingredients

-2 ripe bannans, the mushier the better

-1tsp baking powder

-1tsp vanilla

-2 scoops of "DYMATIZE BANANA NUT" protein powder

-2 whole eggs

-half a handful of almonds

-half a handful of pecans

-half a handful of sunflower seeds

-1 cup of unswettened almond milk. or 1 cup of coconut flavored almond milk. either one works

-1 tbsp mtc oil - *note.... YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THIS. THIS IS OPTIONAL. the only reason i used this is for health benefits and thermogenic benefits lol

-3-6 pitted dates.  i used 6 before but found that using 3 or using 6 had no effect on the sweetness because the ripe bananas are very sweet to begin with. so you can use 3 and save yourself the extra cals and carbs.

-3 tblsp of coconut flour. i dont eye the amount i just put the spoon in there and scoop it out, so they are more like 3 heaping spoons. its all good shit for you anyway.

PUT ALL THIS STUFF IN THE BLENDER AND MIX THIS SHIT..

you should end up with a thick consistency.  you want it to be thick and NOT thin.  my first attempt was a thin batter which tasted good, but didn't give me the impression of a "thick bread" consistency.  so make sure it is thick.  the 3 heaping tablespoons of coconut flour will gurantee that this batter gets super thick.  

pour the batter into the square baking pan.  preheat the oven to 300-325 and bake for a good 45/50 min.  depending on how brown you want it to be. i would not go more than an hour tops.  place a knife in the bread to make sure its done , if it comes out clean then its done!

let it rest for about 20 min and put it in the fridge for about an hour.  you wont believe how good it is and it will hold its shape like bread does.  the best part is that it will not last you more than a day.  after one piece, you will have another one guranteed.

try it out and post up some reviews. i want to hear your thoughts :eek:)

built_tough

There's a recipe for that as well.  One cup of powder and a small tub of 0% Greek yogurt.  Stir and freeze for an hour. Stir and freeze for another hour. Do this like 5 times and wallah

milkin

Greek yogurt rocks ! I sub yogurt anywhere nasty mayo or sour cream would normally go. My newist thing is throw a scoop or two in my pwo shake.

built_tough

absolutely. maybe after the new year.  plus im taking probiotics pills so ill be getting way more goodies in my stomach to help out with digestion and overall health, so im not concerned :)