Physiotherapy question - how can we help?

mrkavin

Hi folks

I'm a physiotherapist in London, and I'm currently working with a patient who has recently undergone gender confirmation surgery (M-F) - my first patient in this situation. It's going well but we've realised that there aren't really any good guidelines in the literature regarding the musculoskeletal issues that transgender patients face, pre or post op (for example, due to prolonged immobilisation) so we are working things out as we go.

Despite the lack of literature, I suspect this I am not actually the first physio ever to work with a post-GCS patient, so I'm going to get together with James Bellringer (and I've emailed other surgeons as well) to try to start some discussions and create some guidelines/protocols/expectations for physiotherapists in this situation, so that we can try to help more transgender patients more adequately.

My patient directed me here, and I’d like to ask what (especially musculoskeletal) issues any of you face, especially related to pre/post GCS, so that I have some points to raise with James Bellringer? He currently doesn't feel that there is a need for post-op physiotherapy, whereas my patient and I feel it has been helpful, and if I could get some other people's experiences, then I might be able to back up my thoughts and suggestions more solidly.

Aussie

Do you have any photos of his vagina?
I have always wanted to see what one looks like. Seen the cartoon video of how it’s done but that’s not the same.

Gainz.

(You think he realized he came to the wrong group) I have so many questions... but at least @Aussie answered one for me... now I know I'm only the 2nd most fucked up one of the group 😂🤣.
As far as this whole "let's everyone swap genders" thing... it's a fad. People who feel lost looking for answers.
I bet anyone any amount of money in a few years there's going to be a huge boom of these people trying to go back to their original gender.
This is why knowing your history is so important... this already happened in the late 70s. Thousands of people wanted to switch genders... "because they just weren't happy"
Well almost every single one of them tried switching back at some point. Because... they just aren't happy. The issue isn't if you have a cock or not. There's something more going on with these people, and I can promise hormone therapy and cutting their dicks off isn't the answer.
Would you cut the dick off of a maniac depressive? Or a autistic person? Than they shouldn't be doing it too these people... but hey you do you!
Maybe in 5 years when he wants his cock back you can make money off that surgery too

JesseTX

Hi folks

I'm a physiotherapist in London, and I'm currently working with a patient who has recently undergone gender confirmation surgery (M-F) - my first patient in this situation. It's going well but we've realised that there aren't really any good guidelines in the literature regarding the musculoskeletal issues that transgender patients face, pre or post op (for example, due to prolonged immobilisation) so we are working things out as we go.

Despite the lack of literature, I suspect this I am not actually the first physio ever to work with a post-GCS patient, so I'm going to get together with James Bellringer (and I've emailed other surgeons as well) to try to start some discussions and create some guidelines/protocols/expectations for physiotherapists in this situation, so that we can try to help more transgender patients more adequately.

My patient directed me here, and I’d like to ask what (especially musculoskeletal) issues any of you face, especially related to pre/post GCS, so that I have some points to raise with James Bellringer? He currently doesn't feel that there is a need for post-op physiotherapy, whereas my patient and I feel it has been helpful, and if I could get some other people's experiences, then I might be able to back up my thoughts and suggestions more solidly.

Hahaha... ok... so I'm the most fucked up one of the group... I accept that
And I like any warm hole... foot... back of the knee... I'm not
Freshly shaves armpits aren't bad either.

JesseTX

Don’t you all just love the way be take over most posts and turn them into our own piss take
🤣 maybe one of these days MRKAVIN will come back in and get his thread back...and when he does, I hope he brings them pictures you asked for caue I wanna see too.

HGH.to

he just keeps on asking other strange questions through the forum. and doesn't seem to reply here. LOL

JesseTX

he just keeps on asking other strange questions through the forum. and doesn't seem to reply here. LOL
That is very strange. I wonder what the point is just to see what people say but not to have an actual conversation