Advice on tennis elbow

BulkinWes

For the love of God someone share with me there remedies or whatever you’ve done in the past when dealing with tennis elbow. I’ve been dealing with it for a while sometimes it flairs up if I stretch very good before lifting it’s pretty decent to workout with dumbbell curls kill me and fully extending my arm hurts like a bitch too. I know everyone’s most likely dealt with it but for the veterans and well anyone in general with an opinion let me know please.

HGH.to

I remember someone on this forum was suffering from tennis elbow too. maybe would chime in.
in the meantime, try avoiding any exercises that make it worse for like a month. I know it can be hard, but it can be helpful as your body could have the time to repair it

Crazy Eddie

Super late here but I used to suffer from tennis elbow pretty bad when I used to rock climb heavily. Some of it was caused by bad form in certain areas. And the rest was just the difficulty in the routes I was climbing. I still. Have it kinda today. But it’s not as near as bad. My elbows snap and pop all over the place, so loud you can hear them from across a room lol.

Anyway I started massaging the nerve bundles on my forearms and bought a device called an “Armaid” it’s made specifically so you can massage the forearms and gets rid of tendon pain. My nerve bundles there where the tendons come together would develop like a big knot around the tendons causing me pain. But when you get in there and massage the knot out. And I’ll say it’s pretty painful to get the knot out…. It definitely hurts and you have to man up and do it and don’t tense up and breathe. Once you break it up you’ll notice a few minutes later your range of motion improves and your elbow won’t have the pain in the back of it anymore. Look up Armaid, they are like 60-80 bucks but they really work great I’ve turned lots of people on to them. I won’t go climbing without it anymore.

Crazy Eddie

so you got rid of it completely? with the help of that Armaid?
I can’t say I got rid of it completely. Because once in a while itll give me some minor problems. But it’s light years better. And as long as I use the Armaid and massage the areas there on the forearm when it gives me problems it’s good to go.

Crazy Eddie

good to know. so you just use it as per instructions?
I was taught how to use it by a friend that showed it to me. I’ve never watched any videos on it. It’s pretty self explanatory and easy to use. It’s more about where exactly on your forearm to use it, to relieve the tendon pain. I found a picture and circled where on the inside , and outside of your forearm you would focus on. A lot of the tendons in your forearm are tied into the back or the elbow there.

Attachments

• IMG_7794.jpeg
    IMG_7794.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 4

Crazy Eddie

If you work those areas I’ve circled. The pain that’s coming from the back of the elbow, basically where all those tendons tie together, will go away also.

Crazy Eddie

so you use pre/post workout?
Actually I don’t use it at all before or after a work out. You certainly could. But the only time I really use it, is when I go climbing to massage the entire forearm and get the pump to go away. Believe it or not pump is not entirely good when climbing. So that’s basically when I use it now. Like I said the tennis elbow doesn’t come around anymore nearly as much. But when it does I use it for that.
But if you’re suffering from tennis elbow, I would certainly use it before I and after your workout yes. Keep the tendons happy and usually all is well.