Am I Over Training?????

MaScot

In My 4th Week Now And Starting To See Some Good Gains.
Just Wondering If You Guys Think Im Over Training!!
I Do To Failure
3 Diff Machines Or Free Weights(like To Mix It Up Weekly) 3 Times At Each
Day1 And 5
Bi's
Tri's
Forearm
Day2 And 6
Back
Chest
Shoulders
Day3 And 7
Hams
Calves
Thighs

1 Day Rest And Do 150 Sit Ups Everyday!!!

Not Sure If Im Overtrainin Cause I Know Its Alittle Diff Then Normal On Gear Lol
Any Input Is Appreciated!!!
Tx

milkin

Days 2 and 6 seem a bit heavy, cant see how you would get an effective workout doing back, chest, and shoulders all in the same day. One body part a day for larger muscle groups and you can combine triceps w/chest. I like to do 1 muscle a day, and combine two smaller muscles together like traps/calves or tri's/bi's. Most guys will take 1 day off, others 2, I would start with 1 day off and tune from there. Ther is no need to spend hours in the gym, get in , blast your routine, and get out.
Just my opinion.

hayabusa

sounds like a lot bro....everyone is diffferent, but in general for the average joe, you cannot train so hard, the older and stronger you get, due to age and the intensity of your workouts, its usually harder to recover at that stage, however gear will aid that a little but its still possible to over do it IMO, i train 3-4 days a week with weights and actually find a day or two after a workout beneficial, after all you grow at home not in the gym....
im experimenting with full body at the mo on a cycle and finding it hard 3wks into the training cycle andim 6wks into my steroid cycle,i either need to start eating more or have to periodize the routine, im gonna switch to upper/lower in a week, then back to split training....

horses for courses....but in general a muscle in a trained individual shouldn't be trained no more than 2 times each week over 3-4 days.....unless training movements or unless you have the recovery

ie. no other job, lots of nutrition and supplements ( including steroids and the other gear ) and of course the genetics to go the distance....this is maybe 10% of the population ( like the pro's ), KISS is a method that should apply to the genetically average, forget the hype that you read in the mens health magazines...go with a sensible sure fire approach....

MaScot

im 36 but sure dont look my age or feel it!!!
i'll try to shave a day off so i have 2 days rest.
i was a powerlifter from my late teens into my 20's (then had a family and had to get a job so the weights stopped lol) and i did well at 6 days a week. but older and on gear now so another day off sounds like it might help!!!lol
tx guys

Wayne

Good to hear bro,
Im also 36, yeah I think its better to ease off a bit even on gear cause other things other than muscles need to recover. I have a problem of training like a lunatic and then I wonder why I have no energy for a while due to over training, it creeps up slowly but then when it comes it could come in the form of a serious injury or a real bad case of stress. I done this too many times so I should listen to my advice....lol

dlovett

I think that you may be doing a bit much and I am a person who is notorious for over training but then again, we are all different. I am 34 and hate to rest! I may be slightly body dysmorphic, lol. At any rate, try maximizing your workouts by concentrating on your compound movements and as milkin suggested, throwing in the secondary or smaller muscle groups ie. chest/tri's; back/bi's; legs; shoulders/forearms. As an ex power athlete you should already be focused on your bench/squat/deads. You really have to assess your goals definitively as well. Are you looking for physique/symmetry? Sheer size? Size/strength? There are a million programs and variations - hell, try them all if you want. As much as I hate to say it, rest is key. Muscles are torn in the gym but bodies are built in the kitchen and bedroom.

Matrix

I personaly think you are hitting it a little to hard. i can diffently see some power lifting work outs in there for sure. I would try to break it down a little more old school style and get maybe only you bi's and tri's twice a week and give all you other muscles only one decent pounding a week. give them more time to recover and make more decent gains.