analyzing calorie and protein intake

N

noveskeelite

I will be honest. I have never in ALL me training life followed an eating plan and I have still had great success getting bigger and stronger. But today I decided to figure out roughly how many calories and how much protein I was eating per day........came out to like 200 grams protein and 2500 calories!!! That's NOTHING. I wonder what would happen if I put more effort into my eating. I would probably gain like crazy.

siegmund

I would say your right , and to be honest I have never done it either , calculate my protein and cals , ive guessed , and theres days I know I had alot of protein or cals but to be honest my diet is shit as is my training , and everyone has seen my pics ,, so me like you nov , if we get propper protein and cals wow , right , and for me a propper workout plan yes I got strong and nice but I havnt had a propper workout schudelue in years so yes ,, make you a deal ?? Im waiting on my gear your waiting , lets see what happenes with propper diet , I dont plan on starting my cycle till like nov ,or mid for comp , I have no choice just order my gear and international , I know in my heart if I could be stress free eat and train fuck bro , a d you your 240 you should be consuming at least 1.5 grams per body weight ,, as . I should

D

dolfanshan

That's why i always tell guys who cry about not being able to gain weight to track calories. Unless you track you'll think you're consuming 5000 calories and really be eating 2500. If your eating clean it takes a lot of food to make 4000+ calories. My Fitness Pal is the app i personally use. You can scan bar codes on your food and easily get your calories logged.

N

noveskeelite

haha deal seig but I never stick to eating plans. and dolf your right people don't realize how much food 5,000 cals a day actually is. its A LOT

siegmund

And to be 100% honest I never stick to anything , anymore I dont know if its the family and civilized world , and yes brothers half my life was inside xand when I would get out I had noone id continue to lift , drink , eat and get another aggervated ,, now im who I am , mellow , family , work , bills , food , wife , grandchilden , im not in equasion ,, but I work myself to the bone to give them , the life they deserve ,, and I fucking totaly neglect my self , not there fault but mine .. ,, but if I put my heart and diet and training first , fuck bro , a push is good it helps

Outlawthing

I eat 2500 cal to lose and 3500 calories will maintain for me and I am nowhere near as big as you guys so I would think you would have to eat a lot more to grow. Maybe try adding some large farm animals to your diet lol. 5000 calories is a lot especially if it is clean

N

noveskeelite

yessir it is. eating is such a chore to me. I hate prepping meals and eating constantly that's why my diet sucks. the gym is easy.its the stuff outside the gym that's hard

D

dolfanshan

It's the hardest part for me too. I use time of the day to eat rather than hunger. It helps me pound down calories. I'll use scoops of peanut butter to catch me up if I'm lagging behind in my caloric intake. It's hard at first, but like anything else it becomes habit.

Outlawthing

If peanut butter don't put it to u I don't know what will I cant even have it in the house or I'll screw around and eat 2 jars a week.

D

dolfanshan

Thanks kfizzle. I used to be one of those guys crying I cant gain. Once i started tracking my calories i was shocked to see i was only eating 2800 calories and i needed 3800. It's useful for cutting too. I was able to add 12lbs naturally over a few months time. I went from 180 to 192.