Another tennis elbow thread, lmao.

JesseTX

You need a tennis elbow strap and put it as close and as tight as you can when you are doing things that bring you pain. It’s a must have for about $10. You must have ibuprofen. As hgh said deca if you’re on it works wonders. I eliminated mine without deca but I can tell you deca will not let it return. You must bring down the inflammation with strap and ibuprofen period.
I want to help but you must listen and do what I’m telling you and you will get relief. Otc ibuprofen is ok dosed at 800 mgs . I believe otc ibuprofen is 200 per pill so if that’s true take 4 .
I certainly will.
Now the strap- it's the one that just goes around the forearm?

JesseTX

Yes, package will say tennis elbow. When you put it on you will see. I used to wear it all day and it would leave a nice mark but it will fade👍
I will be getting one soon.
I wish my financials were in better order....
Got laid off unexpectedly and I don't have much going for me...but this it seems I can afford

JesseTX

I will be getting one soon.
I wish my financials were in better order....
Got laid off unexpectedly and I don't have much going for me...but this it seems I can afford
Yes, package will say tennis elbow. When you put it on you will see. I used to wear it all day and it would leave a nice mark but it will fade👍
I just ordered from Amazon.
Gonna get it this evening.
It's the adjustable with the pad built into it

JesseTX

Deca is likely to kick in and help too, but I would listen to bobby's recommendation. spot on! (y)
I am shocked. It has only been a few days of wearing the strap, and taking ibuprofen and my tennis elbow seems to be almost completely as of it was never there.
I am not tempting this and still plan to take it easy...but my god...I've had this for almost a year.
There were times I couldn't pick up a cup of water with my left had without shap stabbing pain and I don't feel that pain anymore.

Rhino73

I am shocked. It has only been a few days of wearing the strap, and taking ibuprofen and my tennis elbow seems to be almost completely as of it was never there.
I am not tempting this and still plan to take it easy...but my god...I've had this for almost a year.
There were times I couldn't pick up a cup of water with my left had without shap stabbing pain and I don't feel that pain anymore.
I’ve got a similar issue.
Did you go with the strap that goes on your forearm or the compression sleeve that covers you entire elbow?

JesseTX

I’ve got a similar issue.
Did you go with the strap that goes on your forearm or the compression sleeve that covers you entire elbow?
It's a strap that goes around the forearm just below the elbow.
It has a compression pad built into it.

dohcsvt

I have the same issue. I wear a full elbow sleeve when I work out and a strap the rest of the time. I take 440mg of naproxen at least twice a day due to torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders and it helps with the tennis elbow… multitasking with pain meds😁

I hope you fully get over it soon.

dohcsvt

This is the strap I use
SENTEQ Tennis Elbow Brace for Tendonitis and Tennis Elbow for Men and Women Golfers Forearm Pain Relief Strap Braces Neoprene Wraps BLACK
1 Count (Pack of 1)
Purchased 1x.Last purchased on Jan 25, 2022
SENTEQ Tennis Elbow Brace for Tendonitis and Tennis Elbow for Men and Women Golfers Forearm Pain Relief Strap Braces Neoprene

$21.98$21.98($21.98/Count)
FREE One-Day
Get it Tomorrow, May 15
Sold by SENTEQ and Fulfilled by Amazon.

JesseTX

I have the same issue. I wear a full elbow sleeve when I work out and a strap the rest of the time. I take 440mg of naproxen at least twice a day due to torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders and it helps with the tennis elbow… multitasking with pain meds😁

I hope you fully get over it soon.
Thank you.
Naproxen wasn't doing much for me.
I took the advice in this thread and it changes the game entirely.

I really hope you get some relief...both rotator cuffs is significant.

Look into KT tape for your shoulder.

dohcsvt

I really hope you get some relief...both rotator cuffs is significant.

Look into KT tape for your shoulder.
Thank you. I had 3 cuffs per side torn greater than 50%. I had the right “fixed” and am very unhappy with it, hurts worse now than the left. I just power through my workouts and they seem to be getting stronger. My daughter is a PT, I will talk to her about the tape.

Hchero

Forget peptides… a waste of money. You need pt rehab to correct TE, and a cortisone shot possibly.

zakco

I've had tennis elbow in both. The shitty thing is that it takes years to go away. Tendons heal VEEEERRRY slow.
While supplements can help.....they will only help. Stop doing pronated and hammer fist pulling movements until you get considerably better. No bent rows, no pull ups with pronation, no reverse curls or hammer curls. And when curling, use a wide grip and keep the elbows in, the external shoulder rotation will help take stress off the brachioradialis muscle.
Pronated pushing is fine.
Modify your training around this rule for a few months and you will definitely start to heal those tendons while you can still train.