Are you on trt from a Dr or on your own?

Blahblah

I'm waiting on my blood work back, but had some general questions about TRT/Clinics/Self.  I went to an anti-aging clinic (they had a groupon for blood work) so it might be a different experience.  Please let me know if going to see a general practitioner is better/easier. My insurance didn't work at this place anyway.

1.) Their procedure has me going in once a week for shots and pills for that week. Every week.
Why don't they just write me a prescription and let me do it myself?
At one point I even mentioned that I would be leaving the country for a few weeks and he was pretty much like "yeah, you will feel low while you're gone." Giving me a dose to travel with, or making arrangements to get it elsewhere didn't even seem like an option.

2.) When they do blood work, they only monitor Test / Estro  / Hemoglobin / PSA, if I do my own blood work, what else should I be looking for? 

3.) They take blood every 4 weeks, which makes it seem like taking anything on top of what they give you would be easily detected.  They also had me sign a form promising not to take any anabolics or even 'test boosting supplements.' while on TRT.
How are you able to do it? (Maybe they are all rules up front and then ease up once they know they are getting their money?)

4) Once you have been prescribed TRT, is ordering online easier? More convenient? Cheaper?

Thanks for any help guys, this forum is, as always, a lifesaver!

mjtags

Hey guys great info on here hope someone could help i am so frustrated at not being able to find a doc in my area for trt i have been thinking of doing it on my own i was thinking of 2 pins a week of 75 to 100 mgs of cyp and possibly 500iu's a week of hcg not sure about the ai yet would love some advice on it should i wait and see if any sides pop up or start immediately.I will have full bloods done before i start.i was on trt about 6 years ago 200mgs test e every other week which put my levels on a roller coaster and never had any estrogen issues with that dose.thx guys for any advice also if i use an ai what would you guys recommend adex or something else

SemperFi

Or a naturopathic doctor (ND)? Most ND's are more than happy to follow the hormone treatment route.

SEMPER FI

ESmetalhead

I'm in the same boat.  It's hard to find a good doctor of any kind particularly one that want to help you become your best and not just fix whats wrong.  Do no harm is the standard not optimize ones health and wellness. They often no very little about hormones and are not up to date. Then find one on the piss poor health care we have.     I think SF is right look for a ND  the ones I have found are expensive though.  I have one that has been fairly priced but when I asked about TRT recently the person on the phone said its $45 a shot!! I didnt even ask more about it.  A month of HCG is 250$

ESmetalhead

Illness equals money as long as your still alive.  its a shame! not to mention medical malpractice which is hardly mentioned.   It's the second or third leading cause of death!  We all hear about heart attack, stroke, cancer but medical malpractice is right up there with them.  

"An updated estimate says it could be at least 210,000 patients a year, more than twice the number in a frequently quoted Institute of Medicine report"   https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-many-die-from-medical-mistakes-in-us-hospitals/

SemperFi

The single most important purpose of the US health care community is to keep you in the system. The system is a huge part of the GDP. Most MD's do not fix shit. They treat symptoms not the source of the problem. Now ND's on the other hand in my personal experience use the symptoms to find the source of the problem. If you go to virtually any other modernized country you will find that the US health care system is backwards and defeatist. We are only a very small percentage of the world population yet we consume approx. 85% of the worlds prescription medications. Recently had a local MD appointment - in and out in 20 minutes. My doctor who I have seen for more than a decade looked at my chart and barely could remember my name. 3 months ago went to the doctor in Cabo. Doctor hadn't seen me in 2 years- remembered my name, my wife's name, spent 50 minutes discussing personal and medical concerns. THEN he called me the next day to make sure I understood everything we discussed the previous day. 

Example- Low HDL, High LDL - treatment statin drugs. Why? Lower heart disease risk. WTF- Cholesterol is NOT the cause of heart disease. 

Doctor shopping is highly recommended and is a must in my view.

SEMPER FI

siegmund

i agree 

all these health care bills , for a private pay out of pocket contractor suck , and until the us adopts health care like other countrys (which imo , will never happen) ..other countrys gave free health care. , and they take care of there people. ..all people. .. im no pro on the subject. , but i believe like drs and medical workers are on a fixed rate. .. maybe someone from one of them countrys could chime in.  ..

myself and wife have pre exisiting conditions and its way way cheaper to pay out of pocket. ... as long as nothing major happens. and i truly hope i can afford something before. .. 

its harsh.the worst in world.  ... (poverty countrys of course excludes from this you know what im saying.  

SemperFi

Welcome to SILVER brother. Thanks for being part of the community.

Now your thumbs up or down count for +1 or -1. Huge responsibility. Think you can handle it?

SEMPER FI

ESmetalhead

NIce!  Thanks brothers!  I'm silver like so much of the hair in my beard these days lol

I have a tigger finger for thumbs up so I'll be more judicious from now on.  This coincides with my first order that should come in this week, I'm excited

csancheezy

New bill just passed the house, lets see what the senate does with it. I am all for repeal and replace ACA but we gotta do it right, we Repubs have had like 6 years to come up with a bill idk why we are scrambling now. Btw, socialized healthcare is not a good solution boys, just saying talk to some Canadians about what universal healthcare is actually like.

Anyway what were we saying about trt lol?

I don't wanna make this an ultra political thread so ill diverge from there lol.

SemperFi

Shoot... I am behind the times. I just read the news release that the first man landed on the moon.

Whatever is in the headline (at anytime in history) is purposed to distract you from what is really going on. Call me suspicious now but you will call me right in the future. :)

"My grandpa taught me to live off the land and his taught him to be a businessman" -Bocephus

SEMPER FI

csancheezy

a certain extent. Some rabbit holes go deeper than others. A balanced look and critical mind is definitely good to have, but conspiracy theories and fringe ideas of the sort can also be distractions for what is right before our eyes. Some lines are written in black in white ;).

ESmetalhead

As always MG is a great resource

Blood work https://musclegurus.to/member-pics/trt-bloodowork-reference-sheet

https://musclegurus.to/forum/general-interests/mens-health/78208-possibly-the-perfect-trt-therapy.

Seems like TRT is a subject of interest to a lot of people myself included is there a place or section on MG that focuses on it?

This Dr. has some great videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6o7FW_c7J4