Breaking through plateuas

Blacklabeldc10

hey guys I feel as if my deadlift has plateaued at 605lb. Back day is my favorite workout and I love snatching heavy weight off the floor. I've tweeked my form to attempt to perfect it and with better form still pulling 605lb. I've tried heavier and pull it up to my waist with no problem but can't lock it out. Any tips and/or accessory movements to help smash through this plateau? Much appreciated.

blastthru23

Be patient. Remember there's a whole lot going on; neurons are growing so that more muscle fibers fire, blood vessels are growing to bring more blood to the muscles as well. Carb up a little more before your work out, maybe supplement with 4-6 grams of beta alanine at any time in the day (doesn't need to be preworkout, and most preworkout formulas don't have enough beta alanine in it to suffice). Beta alanine has been shown to give one a few more reps. Drink more water, it's great for strength. Once I moved my water intake to two gallons per day, my strength went up, ailbeit in arm strength mostly.

BobbyO190

I hate to duplicate a 'post' so hopefully this is a newer version.

Alter the lift, just slightly. Either form or style or weight....go to much lower weight but high high reps for a few weeks. Or go big weight few reps and then jump to even bigger weights. Make the muscle 'guess' what your doing - trick it into change and adapting to new growth and new fibers and especially to new 'areas' of the muscle growing to support the new weight.

And dude...605 is pretty damn impressive to me. Keep it up you fricking stud!!!

Blacklabeldc10

THANKS BOBBY. YEAH IVE BEEN PLANNING MY BACK DAY ALL MORNING. THINK IM GONNA GO MORE REPS SUCH AS 405x15-20, 495x8-12, 515x6-8, 585-3-4 that's my plan as of now. I appreciate the compliment but you know how it goes never settle when you want more. and these days I'm fricking hungry for more!! MARVIN STARVIN'

Rack pull set at your sticking point should do the trick. Also, make sure to get the hip hinge just right. DL are all about the shortest distance between two points and a poor hip hinge will actually add more distance for the bar to travel.

S

supps

That shit makes me feel weird (Beta alinine) Try it you will see what i mean... Like a tingling feeling...

Blacklabeldc10

Appreciate the input guys. I actually thought about doing heavy rack pulls for awhile with some backs lifts on a reverse ab bench to work my lower back. I done this last night for my rep week and plan to try to hit it heavy next tuesday 405x15reps, 495x10reps, 515x6reps, 585x3reps. felt pretty good

Dolf

X2

I'm no big-time weight lifter nor puller anymore, but my thought would have been heavy ass rack pulls to work on the sticking point as well. Removing some of the weight and adding bands might help as well.