Captcha - wtf??

Turning 40

Admin - Do we really need the "Captcha" for posting?

Personally I hate it - is robot spamming really an issue here? If it is, then fair enough, if not can we lose it please - pretty please??

Turning 40

Why did it let me post this with Captcha?  The last twice needed me to identify trucks and ice creams?

Maybe I've finally lost it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just scrolled down and it's here again - Aaaarrrrgggghh

Nytex

Ah young whipper snapper, you must not remember the brutal spam wars of early August . Things were a lot different back then and let me tell you it wasnt pretty !!  There was spam bots and spamgrenades going off all over the place. SWe all lived in fear never knowing when another spambomb would let loose .  Then the great warriors rode in with their chaptcha gun and laid waste to the evil spamsters.

Turning 40

Hey Admin/all,

Just read the "Spam attack" post by Cheezy - sounds like it was bad. I take back my request - if we need it to stop this shit then so be it!

Best T40

csancheezy

forsure. There is nothing more annoying then getting on thes site and finding 35 consecutive spam threads blocking up all the forums. It sucks! Please do not take the captcha away, it is a small inconvenience for a big problem.