Chest/back, arms/shoulders, leg split

Alexdb2022

What do you guys think about this split? Trying to put some more focus on my chest and back so was considering this split! The first time I’d do chest/back I’d go higher volume on chest and the second time in the week I’d go high volume back. Same with shoulders arms. I really struggle with making enhanced plans. Appreciate any help tailored toward it. Trying to thicken my back with rows etc, but still hit Lats well.

HGH.to

I wouldn't recommend chest and back because those are large muscle groups. At least, I personally don't do it.
I usually go for smaller muscle groups combined with bigger muscle groups such as biceps/back ; triceps/chest ; legs/shoulders
but then again, that's me - you know everyone goes for what works better for them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45086

Yeah I normally go with.
Chest and triceps.
Back and bicep.
Shoulder and legs(quads).
And and legs(hamstring and ect.)
A lot of it depends on your gas tank, if I am worn out I won't halfway do a body part. I'll save it for another day. It's a long marathon

Alexdb2022

I been doing. Push, pull, legs, shoulders, arms, legs. But I’m just feeling plateaued. Maybe if I go push pull legs push pull legs I can get some extra work into my back and chest though.

Twizted

Yea like the others said I wouldn't put chest and back on the same day especially since you said those are the areas you are trying to put more focus on.

Gainz.

I guess I'm the weird one (I think we all knew that)
But I do chest and back in the same day.

Day one legs- quads, ham, calves with a small bicep or tricep exercise at night

Day 2 chest and back with abs and traps at night

Day 3 arms- biceps, triceps and shoulders with a back or chest exercise at night

Day 4, traps with abs and yoga with a leg exercise(depending on what I feel needs to be hit ham,quad, calves) at night.

I don't take any days off and just keep repeating this.
Every exercise is as follows.
4 exercises per body part!

1st set light'ish weight 10reps
2nd medium weight 10reps
3rd heavy weight 8-10reps
4th same heavy weight 8-10
5th set light weight 20-30reps!

So that's 60-70reps per exercise. I do 4 exercises per body part, so on arm day I'm doing 240reps(or more) for biceps, 240reps for triceps and 240reps for shoulders
The night time exercise is usually 2 or 3 exercises per body part (depending on body part and what I feel is lacking) same rep range as day time.
But some days I'll do chest before back, or back before chest, biceps before triceps, or shoulders before biceps. What ever I feel needs the most improvement is what I start with

I found a shit ton of volume just works for me! I do drop sets and tons and tons of super sets! (TONS)
Because I never really go to heavy I'm not that sore the next day.
But that's what I do for every single body part, my calves have blown up because of the volume.

I love to super set chest and back because they tie so well together. Flat bench, then bent over rows.
Incline and lat pulldown. Because I'm always moving my massive volume workouts actually move pretty fast. While my chest is recovering from the bench I'm hitting my lats, then switch. I almost never do a set and wait 2 or 3 minutes then do another set. To me that's such a waste of time, I'd rather hit a different body part!

I realize that 720reps(or more) per workout is a lot. But it truly works for me. I never need a day off, and I never feel sore the next day. I started doing this about 4 months ago and man has my body responded!

@Palten03
I know we were talking about our programs a little bit. So I don't have to type it for a... 3rd time, here's mine lol

I just found pictures from early February, so right before I started training with massive volume
I'm sure you can tell which one is which

@Bowser88 here's my program. Its just a basic outline. My 4 workouts per body part are always changing. I don't believe in doing the same things every week.

Attachments

• received_1754425818231136.jpeg
    received_1754425818231136.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: