Clen & T3

Blacklabeldc10

What's your guys thoughts on clen/t3 cycles? Experiences? Dosing, Protocol? Thinking about adding this in my regimen to get rid of my last bit of belly fat and would likie some opinions. Thank guys/gals

SemperFi

Honest opinion... you should avoid T3. At your age shedding BF is a pretty simple process without the use of hormones or bronchodilators. Sometimes our methods are flawed effecting our results. In my case on several occasions I was impatient and somewhat reckless. I would spend more time researching and analyzing my method if I was in your specific situation as I understand it. Body fat can be shed quite easily within a healthy calorie restrictive diet. Sometimes we might need to sacrifice some muscle mass to achieve the desired results. Fortunately this can be temporary because of muscle memory and our specific lifestyle.

Disclosure- I have used T3 on more than one occasion successfully and it 'might' have a place in certain situations. The horror stories about the long term effects are real and should not be overlooked.

I can't take Clen because of the negative effects even with the proper side effect mitigation. Jaw and neck cramps are unreal even at low doses while taking plenty of taurine, magnesium and potassium.

Hope this helps in your decision.

SEMPER FI

Blacklabeldc10

It does Semp. I guess I'm just a little impatient bc I eat very clean and cardio everyday along with intense weightlifting regimen 6 days a week. maybe ill just cut more calories and up the cardio 15 mins and cut around 500 cals.

SemperFi

Don’t base your final decision soley based on my advice. Listen to what others have to say. Then you are more able to make a well informed decision for your situation. Some have great success with clen. Others hate with a passion.

SEMPER FI

Blacklabeldc10

oh yeah man I definitely won't to view this thing from different angles. But I mean I can always try more of a deficit and more cardio before taking that plunge. I have both on hand if I decide to use it but I want others view points and experiences. Everybody has different opinions and experiences with everything. Most people love chocolate but I hate it lol. I do appreciate your input though brother and it will be a key factor in my decision making.

SemperFi

You can mix up your cardio .... possibly weighted or get off the machines and do weighted floor exercises. 

Have you or do you do fasted cardio?

SEMPER FI

strong

I will answer you the best I can. I was 287 a few years back. I got down to 232 and looked real good before a few injuries. I am back in the game fully and lifting hard. I am currently working on losing BF before my next cycle. It is very hard for me to lose fat. 2 years back I relied on shit like Clen and T3..  IMO, Those are drugs for people that are more advanced then the hobbyist.  I can also tell you that I am killing my BF currently and I am 47 almost 48 YO.  If you put your mind to it and are patient you will drop the fat. Drink your gallon+ of water a day and keep working.. It will go.. Try your best to minimize the compounds that you use and increase your efforts and dedications.. That is all I can recommend...

blastthru23

First, losing the bf by just straight up effort and diet will culminate in long lasting results, and may even reset your homeostatic set-point. Second, you could adjust your carbohydrate intake to meet your energy demands, then slowly adjust into a caloric deficit, nothing extreme. Get a body fat caliper online for like $5, and every week or two use it to see if the numbers are decreasing. If they stabilize, and you are not at the the desired body comp, decrease carbs, and increase cardio time by as little as five minutes per session. In a week or two check it again. The caliper is not the most exact, but it will give you evidence of diminishing bf%. Some and perhaps many will agree that steady state, low impact is best for muscle preservation. 

Blacklabeldc10

Thanks man back when I was gettin ready for the navy I dropped from a fat 240 to 185 but kinda skinny fat but now I’m back to 230 and leaner than I was at 185. I appreciate the input brotha and I’ll go the more natural route and put in the extra effort to lose the last bit of pudge.

Blacklabeldc10

Thanks blast I’ll get a caliper and try it out! Do you prefer keeping your daily Carb intake the same everyday or cycle carbs per body part you’re working that day? I’ve been taking in about 100-150 everyday through brown rice/quinoa mix, sweet taters, and a carb supplement around my workout. Do you think I should carb cycle for added benefits? I know you cant give me exact bc you don’t know my stats but which do you prefer?

blastthru23

I'm carb cycling now, and find it very beneficial while cutting. I'm not suggesting these numbers for you, but I'm running 150/100/50-70 repeat. 

At any rate, what are your current stats?

Blacklabeldc10

I’m 6’0 239 lbs about 15% body fat worse case scenario. I’m taking in about 2800 calories 300 protein 100-150 carbs and maybe 30-50 fats from oils and peanut butter due to nut Allergy.

Blacklabeldc10

I want to give cycling a go. I keep telling myself to prep my meals in regards to carb cycling then forget lol done that the past 2 weeks. Haha

blastthru23

Meal prep is extremely key to a successful weight loss or weight gain goal. I wrote up a meal planning 101 thread in the Nutrition section I think. What I do is get 15 pounds of chicken, take half of it and cut it into 1 - 2 inch cubes, and marinate the chicken for a few days in italian dressing (If you need to, just bake the first round to get the process started). Once sufficiently marinated, I set the oven for 350 degrees, place the cubed chicken in large baking dish one layer thick. Cover with aluminum foil and bale for 1 hour. There, that's done. I have a rice cooker, so I always have rice available. I use white rice because I get it in 100 pound sacks for hella cheap, $.30 a pound. The only thing I cook daily is my vegetable of choice which is either broccoli or asparagus. I have two 1 liter bottle to make my morning and post workout shakes which contain pure, unflavored whey isolate, oats, and pure glucose. No premix for me since I want to know exactly what I am eating as far as macros go. Once you get the hang of it, it is so damn easy, you will wonder why you weren't doing it before. This way you premeditate your macros, thus no counting throughout the day or week. It's compulsory to have a kitchen scale for measuring the chicken, and a set of measuring cups for the rice and oats.

blastthru23

Oh, and once you get below 10% body fat through diet and training, then maybe use clen to knock off a percent or two. But it is best to have the experience of fat reduction through diet and training first for all of the reasons that were previously stated. You got this!

Blacklabeldc10

oh yeah I prep every sunday fill the grill with chicken breasts, cook brown rice/ quinoa mix in the rice cooker, steam broccoli, bake 4 sweet potatoes and cut them in half for half a day, cook some lean turkey and boil 28 eggs, I eat the boiled egg whites for breakfast, then eat a rice and chicken meal, then a chicken sweet potato meal, then turkey and broccoli, then pre and post workout shake and supper which my wife knows I only want healthy food. But I need to prep myself to carb cycle for a while and see how that goes for me. Very informative as always BLAST thanks!

Blacklabeldc10

thanks brother I'm gonna go with carb cycling and see how it goes. I appreciate the words of motivation also! Hope your training endeavors are going good and you're reaping many benefits!