Complete NOOB! Looking for guidance for my 1st cycle ever; Little back story and future plans for myself

Fdotbonez

So I've been over weight my whole life until my early 20s... And I REALLY got it together in my mid-late 20s and trained for like 3 years straight, got in a good relationship as well that went bad when her father dropped dead of leukemia...... We turned to drugs and alcohol, was shooting dope for a few years. Eventually ballooned up to morbid obese levels, now i've lost it all again and taken my life back... Been off the junk for a while but FINALLY getting back in decent shape again. I'm down 120 and have about 40 more to go before I wanna try my first cycle. I'm thinking the end winter 2022... maybe like March 2022 I should be ready to go if not sooner. Trying to do some typical juice head move and come out as hard as I can this summer.

I'm 40 now and currently on 100mg Test Cyp every 5 days from a doctor as basic TRT stuff.... So about 140mg a week total.

What is a good beginner cycle to try and see what works? Seems I've read Test Prop EOD for like 10 weeks is a good starting point... forget the dosage I read but like 400mg total a week I think???? As well as 0.5mg Arimidex to prevent any side effects. Not sure if a PCT is even needed since I'm on TRT... But I've read NOLVA at 40/40/20/20 for 4 weeks is a good way to finish up . Is this a bad idea and what would be a better starting point? I'm down to try a bit more if it would be worth it... Maybe test with Dianbol stacked? Keep in mind my age, I know thats a factor.

Again to just reiterate. I'm 40, lost alot of weight, trained before in the past and been training for about a year. What is the best starting point.

Thanks for any insight. Looking forward to learning all this stuff! And if there is any good places to read up more on starting cycles for my age or for anyone in general let me know. I'm still poking around this forum but wanted to post :)

PS... BITCHES WILL FUCK YOUR HEAD UP LMAO!

suppsforlife

Hello there. There was a member on this forum with a similar situation as yours and I remember that he mentioned he regained his life and in a matter of months he transformed his body. Can't remember his @ though...
Anyway, hello and welcome. You would find tons of helpful information here. Sure others will chime in and help you out!
So let's get to your questions:
What is a good beginner cycle to try and see what works? Seems I've read Test Prop EOD for like 10 weeks is a good starting point... forget the dosage I read but like 400mg total a week I think????
If it doesn't bother you pinning EOD then yeah, you could go to Test Prop EOD (or daily for more stable test levels) for 10 weeks. Alternatively, you could use Test Enanthate or Test Cypionate 2 times weekly (for example Monday and Thursday). a good dosage for your needs would be around 400-500 mg weekly. considering you already use 100 mg from your TRT (which you would continue even during cycle), you could only increase by 300-400 mg weekly.
As well as 0.5mg Arimidex to prevent any side effects.
That's true but 0.5 mg arimidex isn't used EOD unless needed. anti estrogens like arimidex and aromasin are only added in case you develop estrogen related issues. people are highly different. some might get them, others may not. some may control with a very low dosages, others with high doses. So use it only as needed.
Not sure if a PCT is even needed since I'm on TRT... But I've read NOLVA at 40/40/20/20 for 4 weeks is a good way to finish up .
yeah you don't need PCT since you're on TRT - simply go back to your TRT schedule after your cycle ends. and yeah, that Nolva plan is good to finish up but that's already the PCT plan. But you said yourself - there's no need to PCT since you're on TRT
Is this a bad idea and what would be a better starting point? I'm down to try a bit more if it would be worth it...
increasing testosterone a little bit weekly might not be a bad idea and that's the best starting point. 300-500 mg weekly of testosterone alone (whatever ester you want) is going to be enough and your best starting plan. And that's going to be worth it as long as you tolerate it well
Maybe test with Dianbol stacked? Keep in mind my age, I know thats a factor.
Test and Dbol stacked is a good bulking cycle, but not for an ex-junkie who is likely to have liver issues. is also not good for a beginner. You could go for Test + Dbol only if you are sure your liver is in proper condition and after you run a Test solo cycle.
Again to just reiterate. I'm 40, lost alot of weight, trained before in the past and been training for about a year. What is the best starting point.
Best starting point: 300-500 mg Testosterone alone per week; anti estrogens only as needed; other helpful supplements throughout the cycle such as liver protection, natural supplements (ashwaganda etc.), vitamins (B6; D3 etc.) minerals etc.; a good training schedule; clean diet; good sleep and rest; no alcohol and definitely no drugs.

Fdotbonez

HOLY SHIT THANKS DAD! <3 <3 <3 LOL

For real though thats exactly what I was looking for. And basically what I was thinking. My liver is good. I've had a bunch of tests, overall I'm healthy surprisingly. Just got really fat, which sucked but it is long over.

I dont know why I thought to stop my TRT and not just add to it. I guess since I was thinking of it not all prescribed to me.

Sounds like I'm on the right path.

I guess the last thing is I should have arimidex ready to use if needed? And how common is it for someone to need it on 4-500mg test cycle? I know that its only used as needed but I figured I would need it and I've read thats a common amount to take.

My diet is 90% typical body builder stuff. I live on cod, chicken, rice, etc... The usual things. I'm planning on enlisting a coach too when the time comes. I'm gonna go all in. I take some NAC right now that my buddy said helps with liver support since I'm on TRT. Was thinking of maybe some other supps from Blackstone Labs unless there is something better out there to help with the support? I havent looked to much yet.

Thanks so much for the help bro!

suppsforlife

I guess the last thing is I should have arimidex ready to use if needed?
definitely. some people get estrogenic issues, others don't. you never know, keep it handy.
And how common is it for someone to need it on 4-500mg test cycle?
as mentioned, that's individual. That's fairly common. Some may not need it at all, others only need a very small dosages of anti estrogens, but there are those that are very prone to them so they need high dosages.
in the end, if you say your diet is clean, then you may not need too much (if any) anti estrogens at all. with diet you can control estrogens verywell.
I'm planning on enlisting a coach too when the time comes.
yeah, that's actually highly recommended.
from Blackstone Labs unless there is something better out there to help with the support?
not sure about blackstonelabs but there are others for liver such as Liv-52, N2Guard, Milk Thistle and many others.

Fdotbonez

definitely. some people get estrogenic issues, others don't. you never know, keep it handy.

as mentioned, that's individual. That's fairly common. Some may not need it at all, others only need a very small dosages of anti estrogens, but there are those that are very prone to them so they need high dosages.
in the end, if you say your diet is clean, then you may not need too much (if any) anti estrogens at all. with diet you can control estrogens verywell.

yeah, that's actually highly recommended.

not sure about blackstonelabs but there are others for liver such as Liv-52, N2Guard, Milk Thistle and many others.
Thanks for all your help bro. I'll look into the liver products you mentioned. Should all those be stacked together? The N2 guard stuff looks great

Might pick them up now just to take with the TRT I'm on. Can never be to precautious 🙏