Cycle for powerlifting prep

Tomcal144

Hi, I’m currently 10 weeks out from a powerlifting meet which is in an untested federation. I’m planning on a test only cycle and I need to drop 4kg to fit into my selected weight category.
I’ve cycled before so am not a newbie, but was wondering if anyone has any information of a dose which will be suitable where I won’t retain too much water weight.
I was also thinking of throwing in another compound closer to comp date (something to cut weight etc clen) but don’t know if this is a good idea.
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Gainz.

Are you just trying to cut weight? Or add strength?
Because things like Halo and superdrol can add some serious strength quickly.
And 10 weeks for 4kg is fairly easy. I definitely recommend starting as soon as possible. The slower you lose it, the better you will perform. While waiting to the last second will only stress your body out.

Edit, curious about the clen thing. I know its great at cutting weight, but I have no idea how it effects strength. I have absolutely no reason to cut weight any time soon, just wanting to learn.

Last edited:

Tomcal144

Ideally I’d like to gain some strength but at the minimum maintain my current lifts on the day of comp. The only thing thing shying me away from superdrol or halo is the hair loss which I’m prone to and not willing to lose my hair yet😂
With it being a untested fed I don’t want to be a disadvantage by only doing test when other guys will be on superdrol, anadrol etc.

I’ve used clen before towards the end of a test cycle and worked pretty well. I didn’t lose any strength and even seemed to gain some all while cutting weight, whether this is a placebo I’m not sure.

Whiz

Ideally I’d like to gain some strength but at the minimum maintain my current lifts on the day of comp. The only thing thing shying me away from superdrol or halo is the hair loss which I’m prone to and not willing to lose my hair yet😂
With it being a untested fed I don’t want to be a disadvantage by only doing test when other guys will be on superdrol, anadrol etc.

I’ve used clen before towards the end of a test cycle and worked pretty well. I didn’t lose any strength and even seemed to gain some all while cutting weight, whether this is a placebo I’m not sure.
There is something you can take to help protect your hair. I can’t think of the name though. Only problem with hair loss is roids speed it up even with just test. If your prone to it and you take gear only thing you can try to do is slow it down.

Edit: Finasteride helps hair loss.

HGH.to

While finasteride is actually helpful for hair loss, I wouldn't recommend it. Especially for a powerlifter. Finasteride comes with horrific side effects including erectile dysfunction and strength loss. I would recommend you to run Minoxidil the entire cycle (because testosterone, and any other AAS is likely to cause hair loss). I would recommend Superdrol instead of Halo because of hair loss. While both are causing it, IMO Superdrol is safer for hair.
You could use it the last 3-4 weeks right before the competition for the extra strength edge. Testosterone starting now until the competition and Clenbuterol too if you want to shed away those 4 kg. IMO you would have to cut (eat in calorie deficit for losing those 4 kg) with Clenbuterol, and towards the end maintain it. Especially because you'll need to eat a lot of carbs at the end for getting strenght.
Problem is - you need less carbs to lose weight. But you need more carbs to gain strength for competition.

Gainz.

While finasteride is actually helpful for hair loss, I wouldn't recommend it. Especially for a powerlifter. Finasteride comes with horrific side effects including erectile dysfunction and strength loss. I would recommend you to run Minoxidil the entire cycle (because testosterone, and any other AAS is likely to cause hair loss). I would recommend Superdrol instead of Halo because of hair loss. While both are causing it, IMO Superdrol is safer for hair.
You could use it the last 3-4 weeks right before the competition for the extra strength edge. Testosterone starting now until the competition and Clenbuterol too if you want to shed away those 4 kg. IMO you would have to cut (eat in calorie deficit for losing those 4 kg) with Clenbuterol, and towards the end maintain it. Especially because you'll need to eat a lot of carbs at the end for getting strenght.
Problem is - you need less carbs to lose weight. But you need more carbs to gain strength for competition.
Almost exactly what I was gonna say!
Because super works so fast you can run it for a for a short time and get the boost.

suppsforlife

Almost exactly what I was gonna say!
Because super works so fast you can run it for a for a short time and get the boost.
yep. in fact, you shouldn't run superdrol for longer than 4 weeks. it's not the typical dianabol that you could run for 6 or even 8 weeks. superdrol is more powerful indeed, but more liver toxic!

Gainz.

yep. in fact, you shouldn't run superdrol for longer than 4 weeks. it's not the typical dianabol that you could run for 6 or even 8 weeks. superdrol is more powerful indeed, but more liver toxic!
Superdrol is one of the few orals I have a little knowledge about. I had a "buddy" with (false) dreams of being a powerlifter. He would run super before his meets. He ended up with a nasty pec tear. I told him that gear can make you "stronger" than you really are. That he needed to be smarter and not rely on super to hit those numbers. But we were in our early 20s... and he already knew everything. So he got hurt, and never really recovered. Instead of training and building to a decent max for comp, then using the super to make sure he'll get those numbers at the meet. Anyone who has competed knows you don't always get to lift when you're ready! Sometimes you have to go to quick, or wait to long. Things like super can really help you hit your best numbers in the worst scenarios. But no, he would use super to add 10-15% of his max in the comp. He paid for it.

suppsforlife

yes, unfortunately it happens when people add roids and they muscles get much stronger but their bodies are still not used to it. injuries happen. so while most people on roids can break their PR almost on a weekly basis, it's not always a good idea to do so