Deadlifts

Bigstick_00

How many of you in our MG family do deadlifting? I've recently just started doing them and actually fell in love with it! I've had back issues in the past and didn't know if it would handle doing deadlifts. I'm constantly working on my form to keep from injuring myself And so far so good! I won't be breaking any world records in the near future but just recently pulled 515lbs fairly easy!

I am the 1

I do them every now and then. I did 540 the other day with ease. I have been thinking about doing them more. I am starting to like them.

Standingup

Do you strap your hands ?   Ive only done it a few times just up to standing position, but Im actually limited by fear. Somehow I just feel Im going to fuck my self up.

Bash

That's some heavy work there for sure...  I can get 3plates for reps but struggle.. I do em sumo..  Feel a little better for me.

D

dolfanshan

I used to do deads and loved em. The bulged disc in my back tells me I don't like them though :)

I am the 1

Who does good-mornings? I like doing those too, but I'm scared to put any serious weight on there. I only do 145lb.

I am the 1 said:
</p><p>Who does good-mornings? I like doing those too, but I'm scared to put any serious weight on there. I only do 145lb.</p><p>
</p><p>probably a good thing your scared to do too much</p><p>i'd just slowly increase weight or reps depending on your goal</p><p>better to do them lighter than get injured imo</p><p> </p><p> </p>

millsberry pie

Stiff legged deadlift for my hamstrings and glutes but not much regular deadlifts because it wipes me out for the day and I work out first thing in the morning

Bigstick_00

I only use straps for anything over 400. It's just easier and really helps with the heavier weights! I know a lot of guys don't use them, but on the other hand how often do you hear of guys bragging they just won a grip strength contest?!? Lol

D

dolfanshan

Powder helps tremendously in gripping the bar. Grip strength along with deads are not sexy but translate to real world strength.

Outlawthing

was my favorite lit when  I was younger make you cock strong I do them real light for some reps used to do sumo style had some state records  I have 4 discs in my lower back now they do not like that motion with heavy weight bent over rows are a no no as well new total body lift imo

Bigstick_00

Mine isn't the greatest either sig, but belting up with proper form really helps! It's a lift I wish I would've been introduced to years ago! Chicks dig it!!!

D

dolfanshan

I was lucky enough to have an old power lifter turned bodybuilder correct my form. He showed me the scars on his shin, and told me if your not dragging the bar up your shins your form is bad. 

louiejago

I'd love to get more deadlifts into my back routine but I only have a smith machine at my local, I find it hard to get decent form or feel comfortable doing them. Anyone else have this problem?