DEBUNKING BROSCIENCE/SCIENCE

D

Dont_trip

Hey guys im here for answers yet again,I thought it would be fun to have a game of debunking broscience or even science myths in terms of bodybuilding.So Here it goes I have always heard people  say and have read on the internet"Bro dont take an ibuprofen it will stop your gains" Now I want to no if any of you have heard this and whether you support it or not.Now first and foremost I am a Brofessor/Broscientist so I always lean toward bro talk.anyways lets keep this going bring up a myth that ypou have heard and lets go around the table from actual experience 1st on ibuprofen next one could be the infamous" If you want to cut fat and get muscle definition, do high reps, low weight"

N

noveskeelite

I also take ibuprofen regularly and I would have to say im probably one of the strongest people on this board. ibuprofen helps my achy hips for squats

D

Dont_trip

MYTH Has been debunked ibuprofen g2g-Taken from experience if it does hinder gains it would probably be in the most minimal way

N

noveskeelite

I can debunk your next one right now also.

High reps build strength endurance. Losing fat is done by diet and cardio.

there is no such thing as "toning" or "sculpting"......all fitness myths

wanna get "toned".....lose the layer of fat covering your muscles.....

so myth on that also.

D

Dont_trip

Anyone else got any myths they want debunked or think actually work im curious 2 see.Me personally I do skull crushers on a decline now some say its bro science but I really feel the stretch on a decline so I approve that broscience lol

N

noveskeelite

Instead of skull crushers which are really hard on.elbows do lying tricep extensions. Arms straight out at an angle and go behind your head not forehead. Much.better movement. And more range of motion but.can still be tough on elbows.

D

dolfanshan

It's not the ibuprofen but tennis elbow that's killing my gains right now

N

noveskeelite

inside of elbow or outside like forearm tricep tendon?

D

Dont_trip

That skull crushers with the ez bar takes a lot of pain off my elbows,I no I lose the activation of my stabilizer muscle to some degree.Now as for elbow pain which I do have,I also found that mega dosing fish oil helped quite a bit getting around 10-15 grams of fish oil,(as a disclaimer)This works for me I have felt no negative consequence from consuming such a large amount of fish oil but have reaped many benefits from it Hope this helps.

siegmund

Site injects ,,for growth of muscle ???? Its a myth and proven sometimes the muscle will swell from intake of fluid ,once compound is absorbed ,,the muscle is the same ,,this was a discussion here and else where and proven myth ,

N

noveskeelite

yeah ez bar is fine but I was saying try lying triceps extensions. they are just a better movement.

as far as elbow tendon pain goes...if its on outside which is basically forearm tricep tendon.....fish oil might help but its caused by small tears. lots of micro trauma and really the best remedy is to just rest it. but as lifters that is almost unacceptable.

Wear elbow sleeves this will help keep elbows warm and provide support and reduce volume and intensity and do exercises that are easy on the elbows.

D

Dont_trip

Imma give lay down tricep  a go man, so outside is small tears.What about at the elbow when it pops what is that from.Also sieg I think your right I think a temporary growth due to inflammation.Okay guys what about the PUMP does the blood stretching the fascia tissue really cause growth.Now I have heard the pump is useful when you are enhanced more so than natural what do you guys think.And which do you guys prefer- lifting heavy or working for the pump?

siegmund

Both,,I just benched my man told me don't burn out when going for strength ,so I work up to my 80% of max weight and get what I can ,,after I'll drop down and use a weight I can get 10 to get a pump,,   healing is what gives size ,so a good pump,means more blood to muscle ,which means more oxygen which gives muscle energy ,,and breaks down lactic acid ,to keep the muscle working ,,I believe I have that right its been a while ,feel free to correct me ,,but IMO only healing and protein give the groth

N

noveskeelite

well that really depends on your training goals. altho you can implement both. bodybuilding is allllll about blood flow to whatever body part their trying to train. so for size blood flow is probably best.

BUT you can do both. Go heavy and then do your "bodybuilding" style training mainly with assistance work. Nothing builds hard dense muscle like heavy weights. Lots of guys combine both.....powerbuilders lol

this is a very complex topic and could be heavily debated.

siegmund

Agree,I like my strength ,I picked up tips from you and made major gains short time,, but I'm also into the look ,I don't compete but like knowing I can throw 300+ around off my chest ,and squat and dead around 4 ,,but at the same time ,I'm into it for the look which everyone seen the pics I'm there ,so really I'm happy with keeping the look ,that's why I go heavy ,do my routine ,then go back and bang a weight I can get 10 or more with for like 4 sets each ,,seems to be working good

D

dolfanshan

This time it's in the tendon that goes from my bicep into the fold of the elbow at the forearm

D

dolfanshan

All curls hurt but hammer and reverse curls are impossible. Also pullups with anything more than body weight are painful

D

dolfanshan

I'm taking 800mg motrin every 8hrs,  osteo biflex triple strength, and wear a tennis elbow bracelet on my forearm.