Expired gear

Nytex

I started using safflower , I like it its clean and thin , but then discovered MCT and its even cleaner and thinner still. IMO you want the thinnest possible oil and MCT is just that, plus none of the other old have the heath claims MCT oil has . So in the end it seemed like the choice was clear ( puntended ) LOL                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Uglpharma

I do like Safflower, Do you get many reports of people having allergies to MCT ? Is it handled pretty good by most people as far as PIP is concerned ? Im  not trying to ask you 20 questions, I only ask because its something I might want to look into personally.

A

AnabolicPerformance

MCT is handled by pretty much anyone and allergic reactions to it are basically unheard of as far as I know. It doesnt have any more PIP than any other carrier and to me seems to reduce it slightly depending on dosage. It wont let you get away with extremely high doses without PIP like EO mixes will but it is way better tolerated by the body. Its more expensive than the regular organic carriers but not a quarter of what the synthetic stuff costs. MCT has a viscosity of 26, safflower having roughly 31, both at 25C. Keep in mind MCT is the oil in synthol so absorption has to be slower.

A

AnabolicPerformance

I use a blended carrier basically to maximize the benefits of each part while keeping costs reasonable. I use different ratios based on what product it will be going in but basically its an organic oil (cottonseed as a thickening agent, no chance of allergic reaction and varied based on the third item), MCT (varied/removed depending on the next item), and that synthetic i referred to earlier (adjusted to achieve desired thickness and minimize solvent usage). 

The synthetic has a viscosity in the low single digits at 25C where MCT has 26 at the same temp, yet it acts as a co-solvent itself which lets me reduce the amount of solvents required. I change the ratios depending on product because truthfully the synthetic is second mortgage expensive and its ridiculously hard to get otherwise it would be completely synthetic. It is seen in some pharmaceutical products but not many due to price. It is used most extensively in IV preparations and sees IM usage if the price can be justified.

Uglpharma

I actually just placed a order for a gallon of Parm grade MCT. Price was reasonable. Im not sure if I will make the change to brewing with it yet but I will at least stock it and have as a custom brew option. I def need to do some reading up in it, it seems pretty complex compared to regular carriers like CSO or GSO. Sounds like you have had pretty good luck with it though.  

Nytex

Actually I do get one or two, but not very many.

I don't really know this part but am assuming because MCT is a derivative of coconut oil that its possible for someone with a nut allergy to react poorly. Again though , thats nothing but speculative on my part.

Nytex

The thing is I have had so many customers react poorly to EO that I just stopped using it all together, my high mg oils are still strictly oil, ba, and bb . This does leave them a little thick but complaints aren't bad, whereas when I used EO the reactions were not pleasant when people had them. 

On a side note here, Ive also had a ( home brewed ) theory about EO . It seems that many of the people I know who don't do well with it had a problem in their past with alcohol abuse. 

A

AnabolicPerformance

Its not bad to work with compared to organics and really if you are used to safflower I would say you could use MCT without changing a whole lot as far as ratios etc. Guess my biggest advice on it would be it filters fast so might wanna back it down some from where you would be with safflower. Im sure NY and the other guys know more about using it straight than me but once you give it a shot if you have an issue get up with me and I will help work you figure it out.

A

AnabolicPerformance

You work not work you...coffee hasnt fully kicked in this morning

A

AnabolicPerformance

Yea I stay away from it in all my stuff. My carrier lets me push mg/ml high but not as high as EO would but really i never get anyone saying they want higher dosed stuff. I really wanted EO to be all that it was originally said to be, I threw out a bunch of it a while back because truly it s a nightmare from the business standpoint. Only thing its better at than a solvent is getting that 5-10% of guys to take to the forum with torches and pitchforks which would be shooting yourself in the foot.

On that same side note, I personally can use EO at all the ratios Ive personally made up to test and never once had anything close to the stories I read online reaction wise. To me its the smoothest, thinnest stuff to be had, still a nightmare on a filter but thats a different story. Ive never been one to drink and go years without so much a sip of alcohol. EO does have multiple sources, vegetable and animal, but i cant remember which is which now its been so long since the research and I remember seeing some guys way back talking about one of those was shit and one was good to go. They said that is where the pain in EO came from but I cant remember which was which and dont know if its any truth to it.

Outlawthing

Holy shit you guys just blew my mind  out the back of my head ...... all yall in here talking all fancy and stuf.......great post my friends!

Uglpharma

Yeah, I dont use EO either, I personally dont do well with it even at a 50/50 mix, but I never really been a heavy drinker. it just doesnt egree with me.