Feeding pain to heal

rr4298

The weight seem to be distributed evenly smoother then I like but it's a bulk For a few more weeks . I have been getting some serious pain but if I take a shake 20 before work out the two 20 oz shakes after and feed hard every two hours the intense where is the tb500 pain seems to heal overnight . 

So my question is ; can we feed the pain away ? Lately I have been testing that theory, by taking a day off with cardio for blood flow and feeding the muscle hard. 

Is this a thing that I did not know? Or am I getting lucky . 

My shoulders we're done for the last 16 years so why can I torture them now and they heal , they hurt but they heal . Is there a level of nutrition that heals better then a lower level ?

Dolf

It's a fact that proper nutrition aids in the healing process. I'll just caution you at 50 shit can get hurt much easier, and the recovery process is longer. My brother has been bodybuilding for 25+ years, and has had 3 shoulder surgeries. He always pounds in my head that if it doesn't feel right then don't do it. Find something else that does feel right. Pain is our bodies warning system. The older I've gotten I've learned to check my ego at the door, and lift more moderate weight for higher reps, super set, giant set, drop set, and rest pause.

SemperFi

This is not new but obviously over looked by the masses. The rest of us know the importance of nutrition and recovery.

I will not purposely do harm to myself and hope I continue to keep 'healing' through nutrition. That ain't good business in my book.

I train smarter... not harder.

SEMPER FI

rr4298

Looking for better links now

http://www.woundcarecenters.org/article/living-with-wounds/how-your-diet-can-aid-in-wound-healing

http://www.livescience.com/52525-severe-burn-patients-benefit-from-extreme-calorie-overload.html

rr4298

I agree with both of you. But this is the life every day , how hard do I push . We accept a baseline of pain that's required to build, and if your rebuilding then there's more pain . the same level of pain I experience now would have rendered my shoulders useless for 4-6 weeks 1 year ago. 

Its a huge mental block for me and I get nervous every time but when you want it bad it's a struggle. I do after some further research realize when you push hard you have to feed hard. I spent a year repping out and using bands in all directions so the socket would be located better , had to stop bench but the flys are getting the job done . I will back the weight down after the bulk , I liked the high rep Db bi workout SemperFi,  I will give that a try as well.

i do agree with dolf  when I get the twang now the work out is over , I used to push through it and fail Over and over . 

Yeaaa I learned something , thanks bro's 

Dolf

I used to think stronger muscle makes bigger muscles, and it does in the beginning. Now I focus more on the pump and engorging the muscle with blood to stretch the fascia and promote growth. I never use over the 100lb db's anymore with the exception of doing kroc rows.

rr4298

great to have wise members to communicate with , im used to push though it and don't be a pussy . But that fact is I'm old as fuck and if there is a better way then I'm in. Of course this is coming from the McDonald's and Tren diet guy, but I'm sure that's bs anyway :)

Dolf

Haha...yea that was a line of b.s. a good laugh every now and then is therapeutic too

M

Mister A

Yup. Pure BS. No reason to look into that whatsoever. It's not effective at all. Wont work.

(Good job, Dolf. Nobody suspects a thing ;) Now pass me the Clen.)

M

Mister A

Brother, I have a couple questions for you. I'd like to help answer your questions, but need a little more information from you.

What are your current macros?

What is the injury you're trying to recover from and what caused it/how long ago was it caused?

How much T3 are you using?

What other drugs or medications are you using/have used recently?

Now I can say that if you're eating rice and oats in your shakes then you're not in ketosis. Do a little more research on ketosis and fat adaptation so you can gain some clarity on this.

Intense exercise will boost your metabolism for awhile. Cardio will boost it for a couple hours. Anaerobic exercise for up to 24 hours as reported in numerous trials.

I am not aware of a link between the metabolic increase caused by anaerobic exercise and injury recovery. However blood flow is an essential component of injury recovery. But working an injury too intensely will prevent recovery or cause re-injury.

blastthru23

I have a ligament problem in my right shoulder from multiple dislocations.  I love the feeling of lifting heavy, but i don't like that excruciating sharp pain from going heavy on barbell or dumbbell presses. If that ligament gets stressed, I'm done. And, i don't want to be done, ever.

Having gone to low volume high reps, along with drops, supers etc, I've had hardly any shoulder issues. Sometimes at the end of chest routine, its a little sore, but nowhere near the level it used get to. I should add that since drinking well over a gallon of water per day, the shoulder issue hasn't been one much.

rr4298

t3 40 mcg daily , keto I am just learning about that , I think my biggest issue was poor cycle choices, so I posted how I get here in the cycle section . 17 Years of competition waterskiing did a ncumber on my shoulders, rope climbed my arm one at 35 off 36 mph and blew my humoris into 3 pieces tried to rip my arm off from the shoulder. i am attempting to meat up my shoulders but I definitely don't want to do more damage .

so closing my mouth and opening my mind for a better way. Feel free to address this in the other forum . 

rr4298

Completed a hard core arm workout Tuesday when heavey due to bulk mode. i fed the pain with 12 20oz double chicken breast shakes with rice, oats and berries + honey. The good news is the pain went away the bad news somehow I lost weight. I will rework the macros since I have removed beans , I ran out and live on a mountain and I removed the 3 oz of grape juice that I added to prevent headaches while on t3 Low dose 3 drops. 

M

Mister A

Sounds like a rough one. I have no experience with this kind of injury. Good luck.

rr4298

y just answering the question. Like many hard core people on hear , I set my mind to heal wrapped my arm in plastic 3.5 months later as soon as I could open a car door i tied leather to my shoulder and forearm so I could not pull my arm off and started doing pull-up little by little. I qualified for the nationals 6 months later no surgery. Now that I stopped the Ldex for two days the pain is gone and everything works good. 

Reworking all my programs to back down the weight and concentrate on filling the muscle with blood like MG gurus suggest.