First Cycle at 47 -Anavar

Newby1973

Hi Gents ,
im looking to do my first cycle using anavar I’m 47 been training 3 years and looking for some moderate gains and to lose a bit of body fat .I’ve been advised to take 50mg per day for 8 weeks then 2 weeks of PCT Novaplex ,how does that sound to you guys ,is that 2 higher dose for a beginner or should I start off around 20mg and work up to 50mg depending how I feel as the weeks go on .I’ve been told I will need to watch my blood pressure ,I was going to take LIV52 aswell ,your advice would be greatly appreciated.
also which labs are best to by anavar from .
thanks in advance .

BiggyBill

Hey there. in terms of Anavar dosage – 50 mg a day is the “sweet” dosage for most men. If you’re a beginner you may start at 30 mg a day and work ur way up to 50 mg a day to make sure that you stay away from side effects. Nonetheless, there are still lots of guys who never used steroids and added Anavar 50 mg a day and still had great success. Is because var is a milder compound.

In terms of PCT with Nolvadex – is mostly individual depending on how you feel. Many say Clomid is better, others that Nolva is better. yet, most of us use Clomid / Nolva combination (at least I personally). Dosage and length of PCT depends on your response. An example can be: 25 mg a day Clomid and 20 mg a day Nolva for 1-2 weeks and then 12.5 mg a day Clomid and 10 mg a day Nolvadex for 1-2 more weeks.

Adding LIV52 and watching blood pressure is indeed very good. Do not use Anavar for longer than 8 weeks. I would recommend adding a low dosage of Test to avoid low testosterone. If you don’t want pinning, Test Cyp once a week 200 mg might work well.
If you go for oral only Anavar, make sure to watch out for low test related symptoms.

In terms of labs best for getting your Anavar from – it depends on where you live and on the source. We cannot discuss sources openly in forums. hope my 2 cents would be helpful

Newby1973

Thanks for the advice Bill much appreciated ,I’ve been in calorie deficit lately trying to get lean around 1800 calories macros split even 33% ,I read Var is a appetite suppressant is that true ,should I up my calories while on a cycle to assist muscle growth?
regarding the side effects what can I expect are the pumps so bad it’s painful to train as it seems counter productive lol ,Does low testosterone make you feel tired until it comes back up to normal levels .

BiggyBill

Does low testosterone make you feel tired until it comes back up to normal levels .
yes, it does. low testosterone levels can make you feel super tired, always moody, without energy, strength, libido, erection and makes it hard to add muscles.
I read Var is a appetite suppressant is that true
i did heard of such a thing as well, but there's no way it can be suppressing appetite. at least, i personally don't believe in this.
should I up my calories while on a cycle to assist muscle growth?
it depends. if you're trying to cut (lean out) then no - you need to remain calorie deficit, slightly under maintenance. if you search for lean muscle mass growth then yeah, you need slightly above maintenance calorie surplus.
serious bulking is for serious gains which I would recommend to everyone who want to add muscles, instead of lean muscle mass growth that's extremely hard to achieve (add muscles without adding fat). After bulking (serious calorie surplus) go for cutting (calorie deficit).

Newby1973

Is there anything I can take oral to boost my test levels during cycle ? Would 4 weeks give me any gains or do I need full 8 weeks obviously if I see good results at 6 weeks I may stop to limit impact on testosterone depletion .
How do you feel in yourself when on VAR do you feel like normal apart from when training (increase strength ,pumps) .
should you avoid alcohol during cycle ,I won’t be drinking a lot by May have the odd one or two at the weekend .

BiggyBill

There are testo caps gel (oral form of testosterone). Is far from potency of actual testosterone injection and u need to use lots of caps to make them effective. But u can go for it. Also known as testosterone undecanoate oral.

impact on test u are still going to have regardless. If u go fo 4 weeks is just going to be less impact. But is not very worth it (too little results) so i would say go for 8 weeks with pct thereafter.

apart from training u may feel BETTER outside gym. It can give u cofidence, libido increase, mental focus, energy etc. But thats individual.

I guess theres no need to mention the detriments of alcohol in body and ESPECIALLY on gains. 1-2 beers or shots a week won’t have a really bad effect and altough i deeply dont recommend anything more than that, i would recommend to avoid it altogether due to earlier mentioned reasons. Heavy alcohol consumption is strictly forbidden. Thats hepatoxic and so is var. A combination would put too much stress on liver. Plus u lose gains and strength and is bad for health for obvious reasons. After all, why do u go the route of roids? Gains? alcohol is making u lose them.

Newby1973

Thanks Bill , yes wasn’t planning on drinking but as the missus doesn’t know about my cycle she might want me to have a social drink with her.
I though would stress the liver to much is that the same for the PCT as well as that’s oral ?

BiggyBill

Again 1-2 beers or shots wont be too much of a prob. Just nothing more than that. Ideally would be no alcohol at all.

Im sorry i can’t really understand ur last question. Could u reformulate it someway differently please?
if u meant if PCT stresses out liver since clomid/nolva are orals, then no - they dont, they are not hepatoxic. Although i recommend continuing the use of the liver protective supplement through pct.

Newby1973

Yes you’ve answered my question I wondered if you had to refrain from drinking while on Pct ,I’ll take LIV52 until complete Pct .

Newby1973

Would you say SARMS are better than VAR MK266 ? I read sarms are not regulated which must be dodgy ,I’ve tested my VAR. and it’s real so looking to start soon just got to get a work drug test out the way .
Going for a 6-8 week cycle
50mg Var starting on 30 and see how I go
Then Clomid and Nov
liv52 or N2guard during cycle .

Newby1973

Only thing I’m worried about is low test but as it’s my first and only time at 47 I’m hoping I’ll be ok if I stick with clomid and n2guard

BiggyBill

To make sure test is fine during cycle add at least a low test dose. Pct makes sure test is going to be recovered after cycle.

Newby1973

You mention in a earlier post When you say if you don’t want pinning do you mean injecting can Test Cyp be taken in oral form ?

BiggyBill

No, test cyp is only injection.
There is oral testosterone (testo caps) known as testosterone undecanoate, but is a way less powrful version than injection and therefore is way more pricey.

nugget

I hope it's ok if I jump on this thread because I had many of the same questions as Newby and most of them have been answered by Bill but I have a few more that Newby might be keen to know the answers to:

Does Var affect hair loss? Victor Black says it brings hair back but other people say it makes it worse because it's a DHT based steroid. My hair has just started thinning at 37 years old so I'm on .25mg of Rogaine ed, which might go up in dosage if this dose isn't enough, so I'm wondering if the Var will make it worse, or maybe even help?
My next question is will the 200mg/week of test cyp increase size dramatically, because I'm using Var for the fact that it doesn't increase size?
After 8 weeks of test cyp should hcg be added to the pct, with the clomid/nolva? And with the test cyp, should nolva and/or clomid be used during the cycle to stop side effects?

Thanks in advance for any info

Last edited:

BiggyBill

I'm wondering if the Var will make it worse, or maybe even help?
unfortunately, i doubt that Var will help. I also heard that Anavar shreds hair (although I never had any hair loss issues with it - is genetically dependent). Nonetheless, in the same time, Anavar is one of the safest steroid in terms of hair loss - other compounds are more likely to make you lose hair!
My next question is will the 200mg/week of test cyp increase size dramatically, because I'm using Var for the fact that it doesn't increase size?
200 mg test cyp might increase size, especially in combination with anavar, but how much it would increase is highly individual. Plus, i doubt that it would increase it DRAMATICALLY taken in consideration that's not a high dosage.
After 8 weeks of test cyp should hcg be added to the pct, with the clomid/nolva?
no, HCG should be added in longer cycles such as those getting over 12 weeks. However, I know there are people who love HCG and add it whenver they wish. I tried HCG once and I didn't loved it, so I am not very familiar with it and don't really use it.
And with the test cyp, should nolva and/or clomid be used during the cycle to stop side effects?
Nolvadex is sometimes used during the cycle to stop gynecomastia formation or to treat gynecomastia. Clomid is almost never used during cycle. Nonetheless, I personally wouldn't recommend none of them during cycle (especially if you are not prone to gyno). I would recommend an Aromatase Inhibitor during cycle to stop side effects (like Arimidex or Aromasin) and Clomid / Nolva for PCT plans.
hopefully this would be helpful.

HGH.to

Anavar is likely to cause hair loss, but that's very rarely. Although is DHT derived - Anavar is the safest steroid known for hair loss. So if you are worried / prone to hair loss - Anavar is your best bet!
Testosterone can increase your muscles. But it depends on your diet and workout regimen. 200 mg of Test Cyp is unlikely to offer huge muscle growth.
HCG might be added to PCT. You can go for Clomid and Nolvadex PCT for the first time. Then you can add HCG for the second to notice how you feel.
Exactly as BiggyBill mentioned - Clomid and Nolva are sometimes used on-cycle to stop side effects, but mainly they are used for PCT since they are SERMs.
AIs (aromatase inhibitors) lower total estrogen levels. SERMs (selective estrogen receptor modulators) are selectively binding to estrogen receptors and they are not very helpful for water retention, for example.