HDL/LDL Bloodwork on Test and Deca

seymour

Looking to get some advice and input from the pros! All feeback is much appreciated.

I did my pre cycle bloodwork and had the following for HDL/LDL. I was a little concerned about my LDL because for a few months my diet hadn't been the greatest and I know that was the culprit. About 2 weeks prior to this pre cycle bloodwork and my cycle actually beginning I cleaned up my diet completely. During that time where my diet was a bit shit I never actually got out of shape. Still did my cardio and lifted hard. I just didn't look my best. It was evident from the bloodwork as well like I mentioned.

Here are the results from pre cycle :

Capture.PNG

The diet getting cleaned up was definitely shown evident when I did my mid cycle bloodwork because the LDL dropped a lot. Side note - the cycle consists of 700mg Test cyp and 400mg Deca. The Deca was to last 12 weeks and the Test a full 14. However, I dropped the Test to 600mg and the Deca to 300mg right after this mid cycle bloodwork.

I'm confused about the results because I've always seen that when the gear negatively impacts your good HDL it will in turn generally raise the LDL. However, with me that wasn't the case at all. I lowered my LDL through a major diet clean up. My HDL also lowered considerably which was to be expected.

Capture2.PNG
Concerned that my HDL is pretty low. I know that OPTIMAL HDL is over 60, which I was damn close pre cycle bloodwork sitting at 58. Now after roughly 8 weeks of Test and Deca that dropped to 33. But, what blows my mind is that the LDL....also dropped....from 101 to 40.

Considering my HDL is below the optimal range BUT my LDL is so much damn lower....is this something to worry about in your opinion?

My next bloodwork will be taken at the end of this cycle so I can get some more info at that point and provide some more info to you guys.

Again, cycle was 700mg Test Cyp and 400mg Deca, switched to 600mg test and 300mg Deca essentially right when the mid cycle bloodwork was done (roughly 8 weeks into cycle).

HGH.to

it's likely because of Deca. Plus Testosterone too. Both are known to affect HDL and LDL.
According to a study (but it was conducted on postmenopausal women, although I doubt it really matters) Deca lowered both HDL and LDL. It is likely your HDL and LDL levels to come back to normal after discontinuance. But in the mean time, try all the possible methods to keep your cholesterol values within normal ragen

seymour

Good lord man! You're all over it. Answered me on something else too. Thanks a bunch man.

I've heard of dudes saying they approached near 0 on their HDL during cycle. I will obviously do everything I can to keep the levels as good as possible. But, do you think my values are decent or worrysome after 8 weeks of Test and Deca at 700mg and 400mg?

HGH.to

well, LDL is fine and HDL is just under the normal range. Plus, you have a few more weeks to go so I doubt it should be a real problem. Esp as long as you're not feeling anything. what's your age, weight and height?

seymour

Yeah, at this point I've only got 3 weeks left on the cycle. 1 more week of 300mg Deca and 3 more weeks of 600mg Test Cyp. I have made the decision to start TRT because of my pre cycle bloodwork. I was VERY barely over the threshold of what is considered low prior to being considered low T. Plus, I feel the effects of low T. Definitely am convinced that a TRT dose will help me greatly.

Don't feel any sort of negative things going on so I do think it's probably fine at the moment.

Because I'm beginning TRT after this cycle I'm not tapering the Test down the last week or two of the cycle. In the past I always did PCT.

I'm 34yo, approx 215lbs, between 15-17% bf. I actually have a body scan in the bod pod tomorrow. I used to get to do those things in the military and they are awesome. Quite accurate. Calipers kind of stink because they can have user error and they aren't a perfect science. Plus we all know the scales are TRASH lol.

I'll be getting my bloodwork done again post cycle (how long after cycle is over do you think I should wait to get that bloodwork done, or should it be right after the cycle?) Then I will be doing bloodwork every 8 weeks on TRT.

HGH.to

Are you sure you want TRT at 34 yo? You'll likely to be on it forever.
strange you have those cholesterol values at your age weight/bf. they should have been better considering you have a strict healthy diet.
I'll be getting my bloodwork done again post cycle (how long after cycle is over do you think I should wait to get that bloodwork done, or should it be right after the cycle?) Then I will be doing bloodwork every 8 weeks on TRT.
no point in blood work right after the cycle. Both Test and Deca are still in the system. might try to get the blood works 2-3 weeks after the last Deca dosage and reduced Test dosage

seymour

Yes, definitely certain about the TRT. I don't mind being a permanent thing. I feel so much better when I'm on it and my values were BARELY above minimal. They should be higher than that especially considering I'm only 34.

Everything I've researched says number aren't really the whole picture either. Doctors frequently change guidelines and opinions on this or that and everyone is different. Just like how everyone responds differently to dosages and compounds while on cycle.

I was just barely over the low limit and I'm going by that combines with how I feel which to me is more important than a number. I am tired, get depressed, and have a lower sex drive when off. If I'm on cycle all of that is alleviated.

I can't imagine that a low TRT dose regularly wouldn't help that as well.

My TRT/cruise is going to be only 200mg Test Cyp split twice a week. NEVER any higher dosage and sure as shit no other compounds. I've seen some guys say TRT is a real high dose for them and some even incorporated other compounds. Hard for me to see how that is a TRT/cruise rather than a mini blast lol.

HGH.to

As long as you're sure about it and especially you say you're doing so much better on it without worrying about being on it forever - why not?
Yet, 200 mg Test Cyp might be too much for you. I recommend checking your T levels about 6-8 weeks of being ONLY on 200 mg/Test Cyp. Might need to adjust based on those levels. If they are well above the normal range, better drop it down.

seymour

As long as you're sure about it and especially you say you're doing so much better on it without worrying about being on it forever - why not?
Yet, 200 mg Test Cyp might be too much for you. I recommend checking your T levels about 6-8 weeks of being ONLY on 200 mg/Test Cyp. Might need to adjust based on those levels. If they are well above the normal range, better drop it down.
That sounds like a pretty solid recommendation. What would you think about starting with 150mg and getting bloodwork done approx 8 weeks later?

Could always up it if need be

HGH.to

sounds like a good plan. In the end, you can always adjust dosage based on the levels and, then again, on how you feel.

EMachine

Generally, when you go off, things will return to normal levels. Both compounds have the potential to elevate those values. I wouldn’t be particularly concerned. You are slightly elevated but I believe they will subside once you go off.

PedritoHID

Yes, definitely certain about the TRT. I don't mind being a permanent thing. I feel so much better when I'm on it and my values were BARELY above minimal. They should be higher than that especially considering I'm only 34.

Everything I've researched says number aren't really the whole picture either. Doctors frequently change guidelines and opinions on this or that and everyone is different. Just like how everyone responds differently to dosages and compounds while on cycle.

I was just barely over the low limit and I'm going by that combines with how I feel which to me is more important than a number. I am tired, get depressed, and have a lower sex drive when off. If I'm on cycle all of that is alleviated.

I can't imagine that a low TRT dose regularly wouldn't help that as well.

My TRT/cruise is going to be only 200mg Test Cyp split twice a week. NEVER any higher dosage and sure as shit no other compounds. I've seen some guys say TRT is a real high dose for them and some even incorporated other compounds. Hard for me to see how that is a TRT/cruise rather than a mini blast lol.
What were your numbers? I'm 32 and my test total was at 370 and my free was 8.7, 2 months ago before my former Dr put me on TRT.

seymour

What were your numbers? I'm 32 and my test total was at 370 and my free was 8.7, 2 months ago before my former Dr put me on TRT.
Total T was at 319.

Off the top of my head I can't remember what Free T was. I'm at work right now; but, I will check the lab sheet when I get home for you.

seymour

Hey Pedrito - the Free T was 6.3 on the test where my Total T was 319

Sorry I didn't respond until this morning...I forgot last night...yeah, I'm a dumbass

PedritoHID

Hey Pedrito - the Free T was 6.3 on the test where my Total T was 319

Sorry I didn't respond until this morning...I forgot last night...yeah, I'm a dumbass
Alright man, yeah that sucks, I was feeling like poop, no libido, no hope for life, no motivation, no sleep, I was entering in a state of depression that could've resulted badly, and at time I broke up with my ex as well.

But now, everything is awesome, making gainzzzz, making money in my work and dating women, life is great man!

seymour

Glad to hear that man! Keep it up.

What was weird for me is that I had no issues with libido which is one of the most common issues from what I've seen when researching.

However, my lethargy and tiredness were crazy. I was depressed and just didn't feel good overall. It was definitely harder for me to maintain my physique even when dieting and working out.