Hello to you all

LHV

53 year old Australian with nearly four decades of lifting experience most of it wasted from reading too many muscle magazines and not being willing to listen to wiser heads. Yet here I am, strong, plenty of muscle but also quite a bit of fat due to a daily beer habit I picked up in fatherhood and I just can’t seem to discontinue. I have read a lot of this forum so I know there are some deep thinkers on here. I hope to learn a lot

HGH.to

Welcome to MG. Glad you find it helpful so far. Pretty sure you'll find it even more helpful if you're going to be active here.
Hope you're going to reach your goals. Needless to mention the importance of giving up on bad habits which I hope you'll find strength and motivation ;)

loren

53 year old Australian with nearly four decades of lifting experience most of it wasted from reading too many muscle magazines and not being willing to listen to wiser heads. Yet here I am, strong, plenty of muscle but also quite a bit of fat due to a daily beer habit I picked up in fatherhood and I just can’t seem to discontinue. I have read a lot of this forum so I know there are some deep thinkers on here. I hope to learn a lot
hey man i also new to this site and to online forums all together im also im my fifties with the same kinda experience except i kept the gym going after my daughter was born and was a national competitor glad to see older guys here i do not mind exchanging info but do not want to talk the very young people into gear hope to enjoy the site

loren

oh just wondering the uk is so much more free with medical stuff than here in the usa its been a while since i was in school but i think Australia is the uk sorry if not you never know what offends any one thanks be well.. glad to talk im also a new member here

bobby ricky

Welcome mate , you will like it here alot. We have good guy’s here that want u to succeed. And lot’s of these guy’s are very knowledgeable and have helped me so much.

LHV

oh just wondering the uk is so much more free with medical stuff than here in the usa its been a while since i was in school but i think Australia is the uk sorry if not you never know what offends any one thanks be well.. glad to talk im also a new member here
Australia is not the UK but there are many similarities. I hope all is well with you

Gainz.

Welcome man, you should definitely consider quitting that beer habit... or at least cutting back. beer not only has a ton of bad carbs... only gonna keep that unwanted fat around, but beer contains phytoestrogen and prolactin. 2 things that you really don't want in excess.
But other than that welcome, I'm sure you'll like it here

LHV

Welcome man, you should definitely consider quitting that beer habit... or at least cutting back. beer not only has a ton of bad carbs... only gonna keep that unwanted fat around, but beer contains phytoestrogen and prolactin. 2 things that you really don't want in excess.
But other than that welcome, I'm sure you'll like it here
Thanks for your thoughts. At one stage I gave up alcohol for four years and I was leaner, fitter, bounced out of bed in the morning full of energy. But was I happier? I don't think so and those years did seem to drag a little. What I would like to do is drink less and that's been my project for 2022 with some success which is nice. However I'm still fat (unsurprisingly). It's funny because fat me wants to do everything thin me used to do. It's not as if being fat has to change your personality and desires. And while I'm definitely down from the results of my glory days, fat me still has lots of muscle and my gym performance is pretty good for a 53 year old. Let's see what the future holds! Thanks again for your thoughts

Gainz.

Thanks for your thoughts. At one stage I gave up alcohol for four years and I was leaner, fitter, bounced out of bed in the morning full of energy. But was I happier? I don't think so and those years did seem to drag a little. What I would like to do is drink less and that's been my project for 2022 with some success which is nice. However I'm still fat (unsurprisingly). It's funny because fat me wants to do everything thin me used to do. It's not as if being fat has to change your personality and desires. And while I'm definitely down from the results of my glory days, fat me still has lots of muscle and my gym performance is pretty good for a 53 year old. Let's see what the future holds! Thanks again for your thoughts
Cutting back sounds better than quitting. Trust me I completely understand doing things that just make you happy! What's the point of working out if you're not happy?
Finding a good balance is what's key!