Home Gym

zakco

That's a sweet set up! I just bought a cage a couple weeks ago and have a 300# olympic set showing up tomorrow. I love the gym but you gotta have a space at home to train too.....training at home is a good way to break plateaus, pure focus.

lineman1007

That's a sweet set up! I just bought a cage a couple weeks ago and have a 300# olympic set showing up tomorrow. I love the gym but you gotta have a space at home to train too.....training at home is a good way to break plateaus, pure focus.
I like the home gyms because it is hard for me to make up excuses not to work out. The gym days are over for me at my age. Used to love the gym back in the day. Would hit it going home from work.

zakco

I like the home gyms because it is hard for me to make up excuses not to work out. The gym days are over for me at my age. Used to love the gym back in the day. Would hit it going home from work.
How old are you? I'm 46. I can't hit the gym on the way home from work though. I get home, eat, take a nap and then I train in the evening. Aside from work, the gym is really the only place I ever go🤣 such a recluse.

lineman1007

How old are you? I'm 46. I can't hit the gym on the way home from work though. I get home, eat, take a nap and then I train in the evening. Aside from work, the gym is really the only place I ever go🤣 such a recluse.
I'm 63. The gym kept me outta the bars in the day :ROFLMAO: . If I got held up at work due to overtime, I would make it a leg day goin up and down the poles. I liked getting paid while workin out. :cool:. That's a good idea to take a nap, though. I could never train in the morning. Even now that I'm retired, I still train in the late afternoon.

zakco

I'm 63. The gym kept me outta the bars in the day :ROFLMAO: . If I got held up at work due to overtime, I would make it a leg day goin up and down the poles. I liked getting paid while workin out. :cool:. That's a good idea to take a nap, though. I could never train in the morning. Even now that I'm retired, I still train in the late afternoon.
I remodel houses man.....if I'm running baseboard or tile I'll do several hundred lunges in a day. I can only imagine climbing poles with probably 50# of tools.....but I honestly wouldn't trade jobs with anyone, love being a carpenter.

lineman1007

I remodel houses man.....if I'm running baseboard or tile I'll do several hundred lunges in a day. I can only imagine climbing poles with probably 50# of tools.....but I honestly wouldn't trade jobs with anyone, love being a carpenter.
There ya go. That is rough work doing tile and baseboard. I did that on my first house and waited to do that on my day off. Hard on my back and knees. When lifting up tools and equipment, I tried to get in a shoulder and bicep work out. Linemen we called pole jockeys and carpenters we called wood peckers :ROFLMAO: . Carpentry is a good trade.

Hchero

I worked as a trim carpenter for a little over a year. Man, I sweated my ass off in the Summertime. My boss wanted 1 house a day completed. I measured and nailed all the baseboards and windows in 2000-3000 sq ft houses… shit, the first weeks my legs were so sore lol

unclem

lineman are you working for electric company?