I could have saved a kid but didn't

AnabolicTitan

This is a story of a few years ago but something reminded me of it today...

A guy approached me in the gym and started talking to me about gear, he doesn't know who I am and I kept it that way but it turns out he's a coach. He goes on to tell me about his 'clients' and their cycles, turns out he's coaching Teen body builders. I express my concern, tell him he's going to hurt these kids future but he doesn't give a shit, he's an older guy in his 60s, in to ramping up and ramping down testosterone, that type of old school mindset that PCT isn't a real thing.
Fast forward a few months and I know some of his clients, I try to guide them out of the AAS world, these kids are 15-16. I no longer hold back my opinion about this guy to his clients or to him directly and he refuses to speak to me in the gym now. Well one of his kids comes up to me and says his coach wants to put him on slin, I do my best not to lose my shit, this kid isn't even 17 yet!
I approach his coach and threatened him both physically and legally, I'm fuming, he tells me he only thought about it and wasn't going to do it. After this I never see him again, I find out he moved gyms and then he took this kid with him. I see him around town a few times and the kid is getting massive, one of the best physiques I've ever seen on a teen but I know why. I tell him he needs to stop but he's 17, he knows better and his coach is his god. Less than a year later I see the local paper, his face is on the cover, as is the kids. The kid was rushed to the ER in a diabetic coma and died shortly after. He was almost 18. He was self administering insulin given to him by his coach. This story isn't unique, I actually know 2 kids who have died this way but this one I could have saved, only if....

Kids do not belong on gear, in fact, no one under 25 belongs on gear but young kids, NEVER young kids. I know some of you know guys like this, you may know kids like this, be stronger than me and mentor them right. Don't be the guy who is sitting in prison for murder now and don't be the guy who watched it happen and didn't do enough.

AnabolicTitan

where were this kids parents?

I don't have much background, from what I understand his mom was a drug addict, dad wasn't there. He basically took care of himself, bought his own groceries and worked. He was a good kid, just misguided by someone who should have been looking out for his best interests.

BCG111

Listen we are put on this earth to help others..its our job! Its true we cant help the ones that choose not to be helped but we can always give solid suggestions.You never know which seed will grow when planted..

BodyGear

This is Why we are not allowed to talk about Slin on the boards! Its dangerous shit if you don't know what your doing. Good story to teach the youngsters to stay away from that shit though! sounds like that dude should be in fucking jail ! I wonder if the parents knew what he was doing to their child!

AnabolicTitan

This is Why we are not allowed to talk about Slin on the boards! Its dangerous shit if you don't know what your doing. Good story to teach the youngsters to stay away from that shit though! sounds like that dude should be in fucking jail ! I wonder if the parents knew what he was doing to their child!

He is. I believe he was charged/convicted of 3rd degree murder or negligent manslaughter.
I didn't know that rule about the Slin but it's not something I would ever touch or recommend.
I wondered about his parents, I'm not sure his mom even cared what he was doing.

HulkSmashShan

This is a story of a few years ago but something reminded me of it today...

A guy approached me in the gym and started talking to me about gear, he doesn't know who I am and I kept it that way but it turns out he's a coach. He goes on to tell me about his 'clients' and their cycles, turns out he's coaching Teen body builders. I express my concern, tell him he's going to hurt these kids future but he doesn't give a shit, he's an older guy in his 60s, in to ramping up and ramping down testosterone, that type of old school mindset that PCT isn't a real thing.
Fast forward a few months and I know some of his clients, I try to guide them out of the AAS world, these kids are 15-16. I no longer hold back my opinion about this guy to his clients or to him directly and he refuses to speak to me in the gym now. Well one of his kids comes up to me and says his coach wants to put him on slin, I do my best not to lose my shit, this kid isn't even 17 yet!
I approach his coach and threatened him both physically and legally, I'm fuming, he tells me he only thought about it and wasn't going to do it. After this I never see him again, I find out he moved gyms and then he took this kid with him. I see him around town a few times and the kid is getting massive, one of the best physiques I've ever seen on a teen but I know why. I tell him he needs to stop but he's 17, he knows better and his coach is his god. Less than a year later I see the local paper, his face is on the cover, as is the kids. The kid was rushed to the ER in a diabetic coma and died shortly after. He was almost 18. He was self administering insulin given to him by his coach. This story isn't unique, I actually know 2 kids who have died this way but this one I could have saved, only if....

Kids do not belong on gear, in fact, no one under 25 belongs on gear but young kids, NEVER young kids. I know some of you know guys like this, you may know kids like this, be stronger than me and mentor them right. Don't be the guy who is sitting in prison for murder now and don't be the guy who watched it happen and didn't do enough.
Thank you so much for sharing this story with us brother. I admire your honesty and will to continue to try and push the right agenda when it comes to kids. I have 2 children myself and I hope that bitch ass coach gets what he deserves

MONSTRO

Slin . Not talk or talk advertising the right way? Today all kids know , so not talk is not the way , why not tell them they dont need it because if you dont use over 15 ius hgh ED and dont have alot of muscle you will get only fat . And by the way it kills you in seconds , you dont have time to drink sugars to survive . NO joke . Lets get big but healthier and alive