Inspiration

strong

Definition: The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative..

Can one really inspire another? For me the answer is no.  I feel that I inspire myself. I mean you read or hear something and say "hey, I wanna do that"  I can tell u things on a website that sound real good about what ive done but that doesn't mean anyone can do it.

To be inspired needs to come within. very deep down to the soul. last week I sat under some pretty heavy weight on the flat bench and ripped it nicely. I then told myself today was the day to break that record. I then laid under the bar and laughed at it and told it there was no chance from stopping me. It was a burnout set with 225 that I once hit for 22 reps. I kept trying to get back there. shit I did it 25 years ago. well, my inspiration came from a warrior attitude from within. I tore up 24 reps and I don't mean those 3/4 bullshit reps. I was inspired by myself and my wants.  We can all watch inspirational videos and travel to the gym with focus for a day or so.. U want to be inspired, Do it yourself by meeting your goals and not being a pussy and certainly no excuses. When you get to that point in life you've been inspired.. This is my view. I would like to hear ur thoughts...

JARHEAD2

I understand your thinking & I think it's good. I believe it is not only possible for us to inspire ourselves but a necessity. I also believe it has to come from inside of you. However, I have to disagree that we can't inspire one another. I say that because I have personally been inspired by many people in my life. This is where I'm coming from. There is a friend I go to church with that 2 years ago he was heavy & wore a size 40 waist. He's now wearing a 34 & he is very defined & in great shape. I watched him lose weight & started getting jacked. He worked very hard. So, one night I'm looking at him & looking at myself fat, out of shape & My shirt barely holding my gut back & also wore a 40 waist. I thought to myself if bear can do it, so can I! It was at that very moment I made up my mind to become healthy, lose weight & get my muscles jacked. I had this feeling swell up inside my heart & my mind was made up. I became inspired at that moment. Inspired on the inside by someone who accomplished a feat that I desired to accomplish. 

P.s. Come on Strong, haven't you heard Air Supply prove this.... Surely you sang it to some hottie sometime.... Lol

strong

Funny you say that Jar..  My first girlfriend and I shared the song "Ur the inspiration" by Chicago. I like your story. Most people are inspired by others. This is why I ask. I never really had that feeling..

JARHEAD2

You are right... It was Chicago lol that the song I was singing! The say there are 3 things that happen when you get old

1. You start forgetting things

2. I forget the 2nd

3. I forget the 3rd

huh.... what was we saying??

JARHEAD2

I'm having mixed emotions on your comment bro. I'm glad that you're so "strong" that you have accomplished so much adversity without needing any inspiration. That's awesome. At the same time, I think it's sad that you've never met anyone that has inspired you. I'm gonna make it my personal goal to inspire you in some way before one of us passes this life!!

And not in a Chicago kinda way haha :)

Dolf

By that definition I can see where someone could say they've never been inspired, but surely someone has motivated you.

motivated definition 

provide (someone) with a motive for doing something

stimulate (someone's) interest in or enthusiasm for doing something

F

Frankie-knuckels

After having read this thread I find myself to be inspired and motivated at this moment . I'll be taking this with me tomorrow if neither of you mind. Thank you .

strong

I have mixed emotions as well Jar. I have been thinking about this for quite a while with the word "inspire" thrown around. I have been asking myself who have I been inspired by.  Jar and some of you may get this..... Right now all you guys are my "footprints in the sand"  I really don't know if I'm comin or goin. I just do what I have to.  I admire people but I'm just not sure if ive ever been inspired...

JARHEAD2

But the biggest question I ask myself is not so much who has inspired me, although many have, but who have I inspired. I hope when this body is in the ground that someone can say I have inspired them. If not, what did I live for, just me & myself??

strong

Dolf, seriously bro.  I have always been a loaner. My motivation has always come from within. I saw that pic of you today and was genuinely happy for you. I admire people and I respect people but I'm not sure about motivation/inspiration. it actually concerns me.

strong

Jar, I want to inspire everyone I come across. I believe in my personal life ive done that. I hope I have here. I'm looking for you, Frankie, Getswole and a bunch of new guys to meet their goals. I want commitment from you guys. you guys better post pictures in a few months looking lean and mean. Then maybe I will be inspired.. I'm putting this shit on u now brother..

Dolf

But that's still motivation. Like you motivating yourself to do 24 reps of 225 on the bench. You were motivated by yourself to beat yourself.

I bet when moma comes out dressed in some sexy lingerie and runs back in the bedroom she motivates you to get your ass out that recliner and chase her in there! Lol

strong

well now ur talkin brother. I actually was just telling her I'm back. I literally worked that thing wrong... as far as the 225 for 24. I was happy for a minute or so. Then I put in my mind 30 reps. That's gonna be a feat bro.

Dolf

That's just the competitive nature in you. Never satisfied because you can always do or be better. I'm the same way...I'm my toughest critic. It's never good enough because I know I can do better.

JARHEAD2

Now that's what I am talking about! Just so you know, my shoulders are strong my heart is a beast & I don't disappoint :)  I'll take the whole load. I will be posting some pics next week. I'm on week 7 & the EQ is starting to really shine too, & I'm busting my butt in the gym. Diet is good, except pizza on Tuesday nights lol. 

Also just so you know Bro Strong, you have already inspired numerous times!! You also touched my heart with your New Year testimony, & that has inspired not only me, but most of us here at MG!!!

strong

Brother ur well roundedness is what I strive for. I wish I just had patience... I don't mean the kind of patience that "i want it now" I mean patience with people. When you say something as a man or woman and then don't do it, Man I have no patience for that...

calmb4dastorm

You are indeed self reliant. Im sure that you dont follow Maslow's heirachy of needs. You have your own heirachy, I'm the same way, my needs are different.  You have a great capacity to insight others to fine works! You may not have ever needed inspiration from any source but yourself because its a coping mechanism that you have always had. You inspire me to keep my process moving forward, just as the rest of the fellas do! If you don't need inspiration, so be it; but we surely enjoy and revel in the motivation that you bestow upon us! Thank you and don't stop! 

JARHEAD2

I actually have that poem on a marker in my Bible. I have read in many times when I have felt forsaken & alone. I also have realized that when I've looked back at the hardest times in my life I too have seen I set of footprints, and without I doubt I've learned that there is only one set of footprints not because I am alone, but because someone is carrying me.