Inspiration

calmb4dastorm

That we have  met as well... I Believe people meet for reasons...sometimes for the long haul...others just for seasons... Either way, purposes are served

strong

Right on point Calm with the coping mechanism.. You see my inspiration comes from myself because I have ALWAYS had the i'll show u mentality. I am the youngest of 5 boys and poor as hell with very disappointing parents and siblings that did not look out for their younger brother. Every time they'd kick my ass, id think i'll show you. They all look to me for answers now. I think I'm still thinking every day "I'll show you"

calmb4dastorm

And that is totally OK, Strong. Not many people share your capacity to be self reliant in all aspects of life. This is what makes the world a fun place because of uniqueness and individuality! It would be quite boring if we all were the same. Your kind of mentatlity is needed just as much as the conformists of the world. Continue to Be unique, be individual. Be the epitome of "Strong."

APL

Strong, me and you are alike in ways that probably only we can fully understand and I completely understand where you are coming from with this line of thinking and topic. I used to feel the same way and it really bothered me. It wasn't until I realized that the admiration and all that I have for other people is in a sense my inspiration. I used to think others meant it like someone inspired/motivated them to jump up and do something but then realized that is being rather literal with the definitions. I think intangible concepts like inspiration have different meanings to different people.

JARHEAD2

Looks like you inspired some one again strong.... Someone hearted your thread. We can be an inspstation just by being true to ourselves & others :)

SwellMel

24 reps at 225 Lbs, Geez Strong, that is NFL combine worthy for a linebacker.  A few years ago I could hit about 15 with form at 225 Lbs while weighing 165 Lbs at the time, not too bad for one of the senior gym rats.  Congratulations!

SemperFi

I understand (i think) where you are coming from in a philosophical perspective. I have to respect the honesty you have with yourself and willing to post it publicly.

I can't say I experienced the same thing you are wrestling with. I have been inspired by individuals, stories I have read and personal inner working more times than I can count.

Just stay STRONG and ALWAYS SEMPER FI!

DiamondPharm

I don't really "get inspired" either. I'm self driven by lots of things, first and formost is making sure I look good so when I come in For the day, the wifey wants to jump me. I do obtain higher levels of motivation from time to time. Those tend to be when I set clear cut goals for myself that others find impossible.