karma being passed around too generously

N

noveskeelite

Notice lately it seems karma is waaaay too easy to get. What is everyones criteria for giving karma? Because its becoming somewhat meaningless. 

Personally I give karma for informative posts. Helpful good advice. And civil intelligent discussion. 

Seems others give it for just about anything. Karma should and needs to be harder to come by otherwise it loses all value.and credibility.

Imo there should be a daily limit to the amount you can give someone. 

N

noveskeelite

Actually limit to the amount you can give period. Would encourage members to only give it out when its earned.

D

dolfanshan

I give it out for a few reasons. A good informative post, good questions, good answers, good progress pic, and I admit I'm a little loose with karma on newbies who are active as encouragement to stay active. 

D

Dont_trip

To personal responsibility we can make rules on top of rules but it won't matter ...I give karma to those who have great ideas or knowledge or open to learning and I occasionally give a  karma point to the new guys to help encourage them But they need to post something good and it's graded on a curve lol look it can be non motivating when guys have to jump through hoops of fire and land on a tri. Cycle just so you would grace them with a karma point lol it is up to the giver to use discretion and ultimately it is his choice as long as it's not a virtual high five or a click I see nothing wrong if the person was inspired to do so ...we have good mods here and if they saw something out of wack I am sure they are two steps ahead of us ,,,it's a forked road there are guys that never give karma and guys that throw it I personaly don't think we have any of the latter in my humble opinion

N

noveskeelite

As it stands now guys having 100 or 200 karma means diddly. Karma should reflect quality of your content and not just how active you are. Giving someone karma for any random post makes karma meaningless. I do agree with encouraging new members tho.

D

Dont_trip

karma  means nothing to me when observing someone in fact It can work against  them I keep my eye on guys with high karma to see if they no wasup but karma does not mean they are some sort of guru....eroids is a joke when it comes to karma that's why I'm grateful for this site because   trust me if this was eroids I would be an level 3 member in 2 months sad but true what   we have here works and it's up to the members not to be so naive an swayed by karma but rather the content of the person...I don't think it is as crazy of a problem as you have painted it to be but it is always nice to be reminded 

siegmund

I want to say karma to me means nothing , but thats not true .. I give karma for , ew members making very good decisions on first ,2nd ,3rd cycle s , where they took advice , regrouped and went with positive feed back.

also , any infornmative post that I find benefits , myself and others , az you nov , I gave you karma for posting on muscle fibers , because it was meterial that helped me and others 

also I give karma to a brother , that goes the extra mile to help the new guy , and he does so with dignity and respect , and pulls the new guy in closer , rather than push away .

I also give karma when one of our resident members exposes , a source that owes , plp and yet comes here to push more product , the bros exposing the source put the time and effort into protecting mg.

myself as a example , I have alot of karma , why??? Its because who I am , im no rocket scientist , or biologist, or endo what ever , I w what I know by exp.,, I started from needing to be spoon fed and I grew into who I am today , I know what I have run! And what I used for ai and didnt , alzo da , I know the importance of such now ,, im not a text book junkie , im a street junkie , I know what I know from exp. First hand , and in turn I take my shirtnoff my back and pass the information on .. because brothers here took me by the hand nursed me , and educated me and  .  Pushed me in the right direction , "MILKIN" so I so freelymgive it back.. as it was given to me ,,, karma isnt and shouldnt be looked upon as intellegence or should I say knowledge of aas , it should be looked at as , the brother is doing something right , and the heart is in the right place , and like myself if I dont have , a first hand personal exp. With the compounds , I say so and referr the op in right direction ..

and mg karma is the hardest to come by.  You must earn it ,, so I guessmit comes down to ones per xxx eption of karma ,, I will 100% garantee that noone will find in my in my 8 months here thet I ever gave 1 karma point for a joke or gtg or whatever   actually im very tight with karma

and for the record , bros give a karma point sometimes , because , a auestion or a problem or just something a brother may be going through , vets a good solid answer , and it saves and helps him .. so I say you give a bro a point thats a showmof respect and gratatude

this is more than just a aas site , as t least for me my friends , plp I actually trust , are here , and sometimes lifes problemms get releif .. sieg

D

Dont_trip

A little off topic but you know it always boils down to the same brothers talking in these forums it's a damn shame I wonder if these guys even read the post.....or how many of them just lurk around the forums....I don't get it why sign up to be a member just to stand their like an arm chair? I guess for the promos and free gear etc if that's the case then I ask you to please leave this site...harsh yes but I'm tired of all these shadow members that come out for free gear giveaways or to review a no name source....let me set the record straight your words mean nothing here and  your reviews mean nothing we are better off without you shadow members 

D

dolfanshan

Patience brother. I'd rather one solid member a month than ten shit sandwich members a week.

D

Dont_trip

Your vocabulary is imo the best and always cracks me up....your right I need to calm down and just wait it out just gets frustrating....

D

dolfanshan

Lol. My uncuth vocabulary is a result of being the youngest of 6 brothers who grew up without a mom. Being a Texan, and spending 6 years as a filthy grunt in the army. 

siegmund

Yes and the respect and the patients , shine through and make this the site it is , where a other brother falls a little short , and your there to show , be patient , and him having such respects agrees ,+1 from me , its not aas related it sthe integrity of our site related like I said on a forum such as ours , its more than just aas , its actually caring and helping the next brother , not with only what compound to inject in his body but with life in general and thats whats sets us above the rest we generally care for a brother in all aspects 

N

noveskeelite

I get what your sayin seig. But when people are getting 100 karma in a few months (myself included) it makes karma worthless and meaningless. Just my thoughts. I just enjoy posting I don't post to earn karma. But if a site is going to have a karma or rep system as most do it should be regulated and actually mean something. Here all it means is that someone is a regular poster. This isn't an insult to anyone with high karma but rather a suggestion to make karma system more worthwhile. Because its a flawed system.

T

Taurus

hey guys,
what do you think, should we restrict the karma passing? for example an user can pass only 1 karma points per day.
any suggestions are welcomed.

N

noveskeelite

There should be limit to amount you can give and receive in a day. But ultimately its up to you guys. Just an idea.

siegmund

We have the tighest karma system out of all the sites, it takes time to earn karma here , also itz not broke imo, to many other sites get all caught up in thiz karma issue , and it ruins them!!!! I will keep it real the minute I heard karma , I was smh, here we go agion .. our moxs are ontop of there game and if karma was being givin freely they would have addressed it .if you ccant give a brother a slap on the ass forngood game , then I dont know what , my opion , and thats all I will say on it , 

N

noveskeelite

siegmund said:
</p>
<p>We have the tighest karma system out of all the sites, it takes time to earn karma here , also itz not broke imo, to many other sites get all caught up in thiz karma issue , and it ruins them!!!! I will keep it real the minute I heard karma , I was smh, here we go agion .. our moxs are ontop of there game and if karma was being givin freely they would have addressed it .if you ccant give a brother a slap on the ass forngood game , then I dont know what , my opion , and thats all I will say on it , </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dont think your getting what im saying. But it definitely doesnt take time here. Thats just plain not true. Karma here simply reflects being active. Which makes the system worthless.</p>
<p>But I guess im in the minority on this one as usual. Oh well. </p>