Most everyone here is from where?

LHV

I'm born and bred in Australia. I've lived for some short periods in UK and USA, can't speak for everything but leaving aside the destitute (remote indigenous, homeless mental health cases etc) even the poor in Australia do alright. Which is not what I saw in UK or USA. As an example, my old school friend is a single mum with two profoundly disabled children. Welfare is her only income, she lives in government housing in the outer suburbs, yet twice a year she has her hair done by a celebrity hairdresser in the ritzy suburbs. She says it's her treat for herself. Now she doesn't smoke or gamble and hardly drinks but how many welfare dependent people in the world can afford something like that? Australia is an awesome place!

Lee.the.Demi.Human

I'm born and bred in Australia. I've lived for some short periods in UK and USA, can't speak for everything but leaving aside the destitute (remote indigenous, homeless mental health cases etc) even the poor in Australia do alright. Which is not what I saw in UK or USA. As an example, my old school friend is a single mum with two profoundly disabled children. Welfare is her only income, she lives in government housing in the outer suburbs, yet twice a year she has her hair done by a celebrity hairdresser in the ritzy suburbs. She says it's her treat for herself. Now she doesn't smoke or gamble and hardly drinks but how many welfare dependent people in the world can afford something like that? Australia is an awesome place!
What are you're thoughts on Steve Irwin?
And do you watch Neighbours?

LHV

What are you're thoughts on Steve Irwin?
And do you watch Neighbours?
I didn’t know Steve Irwin was in Neighbours but that’s awesome too. Just coincidentally, a guy I used to drink with was eaten by a crocodile just the other day. Australia has lots of things that will kill you - that is the downside

Lee.the.Demi.Human

He wasn't in Neighbours. Neighbours is just very popular in England.

So was Steve Irwin, he was a fucking legend. I think you guys had to introduce a law or something about not holding a baby while feeding crocodiles cause everyone went mad from him being in enclosures with his infant son.

Proper mad lad and his enthusiasm for, basically everything made him pleasure to watch.

Reactions: LHV

LHV

He wasn't in Neighbours. Neighbours is just very popular in England.

So was Steve Irwin, he was a fucking legend. I think you guys had to introduce a law or something about not holding a baby while feeding crocodiles cause everyone went mad from him being in enclosures with his infant son.

Proper mad lad and his enthusiasm for, basically everything made him pleasure to watch.
I was joking about Irwin being in Neighbours. And, yes, he claimed it was important the kid could never remember NOT being around crocs - but I think he stopped including the kid, at least when the cameras were rolling. I’ve heard circus families say the same thing about performing - the kids are always in the act so young they can never remember not being in the act. No stage fright when that happens