New and looking for some help

Bcrash528

Just found this forum and looking for some advice and opinions on people much more advanced than me. I am currently 38 years old and have been an athlete my entire life. Working out since i was 16. I have always trained super hard and often times pushed myself to the brink of overtraining. Usually, i take a few weeks off sleep and eat and come back like a maniac. The last few years i have felt run down no matter how much sleep i get. I have a suddenly started having a very difficult time cutting and getting rid of bodyfat around my abs. I am still lean but working so much harder to try and get there than i did 10 years ago. I also have had zero desire for sex in the last few years.

I got my hormones checked and my total T came back at 600 Range 294-963 , Free was 16, Range 8.7-25, T4 1.43, LH 8.2 Range 1.7-8.6, DHEA 300, TSH 2.9, Prolactin 6.5, IGF 171, Reverse t3 18.5, Estradol 30.7 and SHBG 63.4 range 16.5-55.

These tests were ordered by a telemedic clinic and after my consult with the doctor he said because of my high SHBG i would be a candidate for TRT, He said ultimately as i keep aging the SHBG will continue to rise and tie up all my free test. I was prescribed 160mg of Test Cyp a week with 500 IU of HCG to maintain some testicle size and natural production.

My question is do you think TRT is right for me ? There is so much conflicting info online and some say absolutely you will feel amazing and others say no way with a 600 level of test. Thanks for any help.

Dolf

Free test is the test that your body uses. High shbg is not good because it binds up your testosterone as your doctor said. Your total t is pretty damn good for your age.

Is your doc looking into what is the cause of the high shbg? Unless you can get the shbg under control the trt will not be as effective. Liver disease and hyperthyroidism are two issues that can cause high shbg levels. Although your levels are not much over the high end of normal levels it seems he'd get you checked out as a precaution.

Bcrash528

Thanks, when i got my blood work he also did a CBC and metabolic panel and from the bloods my liver and thyroid numbers were perfect. He said the SHBG can be genetic or because of my diet. I have always kept myself on somewhat of a keto diet and i guess that could contribute to it.

Dolf

Well that's good. Not sure about ketogenic causing it. I'd have to research that.

Proviron is something you can research. It helps raise free testosterone by lowering shbg. It does have some sides like possibly raising blood pressure and if used it needs to be tapered off when ceasing use. On the good side it will skyrocket your libido, and harden your muscles.

Dunbar

You've got a great premise to whatever you decide. Are you on an anti depressant or SSRI? Some can affect libido...

Dunbar

Looking at this again. Your numbers look great bro, congrats! So smart to get checked out and it helps all of us to have actual numbers to go off of...

​​​​​​Absolutely estrogen is making the fat loss harder.. If you've been able to overcome that I can def see the overtraining.

It's a double edged sword because although your estrogen is on the higher end of normal, it IS normal. If you get it in the lower range of normal, that alone will make fat loss ALOT easier.. BUT it will put you at higher risk for cardiac issues down the road...

High protein is proclaimed to lower SHBG. Fat is said to raise estrogen. Supplementing with Boron or ZMA might be interesting. Also,if you have access to Danazol-15mg oral should do the trick!

Hope you update us on what you find!

Tomorrow is always a new day and Monday is always leg day!

Cheers

​​​​​​

Last edited:

BodyGear

If your test is at 600, why would you want to fuck with your endocrine system unless you want to be a huge body builder... natty just dont get you all the way there! f you dont want to get all huge and muscular then listen to your doctor!!!

BobbyO190

You have some great advice above and mine isn't going to be great, just alternative.

I suspect two things....A) you naturally are used to being on the high end of Testosterone, I know I am....600 feels week and 1,000 feels normal - which is weird as 600 is really good and 1,000 is very high nor natural production. B) I think you deep down are ready for some 'help' and want to get on steroids but psychologically you need an excuse to begin.

Use TRT as the excuse and welcome to the club. NOW before you begin admit your doing some cycles and while you are still young do PCT and normal off time with on time. Read some old threads about "If I knew then...for my first cycle" Dolf has a great one!!!

BUT if I am wrong and you just want TRT then listen to BG and don't yet! TRT is for life, you change important things and some can change beyond correction...at least beyond easy correction.

Thus my advice, try a 500mg cycle and be ready with your AI and PCT before starting and enjoy.

Bcrash528

You have some great advice above and mine isn't going to be great, just alternative.

I suspect two things....A) you naturally are used to being on the high end of Testosterone, I know I am....600 feels week and 1,000 feels normal - which is weird as 600 is really good and 1,000 is very high nor natural production. B) I think you deep down are ready for some 'help' and want to get on steroids but psychologically you need an excuse to begin.

Use TRT as the excuse and welcome to the club. NOW before you begin admit your doing some cycles and while you are still young do PCT and normal off time with on time. Read some old threads about "If I knew then...for my first cycle" Dolf has a great one!!!

BUT if I am wrong and you just want TRT then listen to BG and don't yet! TRT is for life, you change important things and some can change beyond correction...at least beyond easy correction.

Thus my advice, try a 500mg cycle and be ready with your AI and PCT before starting and enjoy.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head! I used to feel amazing and i am assuming it was because in my 20's my test levels were off the charts. No joke when i was in my 20's i could bulk from 210lbs to 280 lbs and literally get shredded and cut the fat in 16 weeks of minimal cardio not even counting my calories. Now i feel like a hamster spinning my wheels sometimes working out. I could not resist and started my trt dosage to see how i responded and it feels like my body was craving the testosterone. My lifts this week were stronger than ever to the point where my joints could not keep up. I have never touched a steroid so i do not know if its virgin receptors or some of the natural supplements i took knocked the SHBG down and my dosage is increasing my free T even more. After reading the replies here i am thinking i may just want to cycle and do the PCT rather than TRT for life. At 2.5 weeks into TRT is it ok to stop cold turkey and let my body reset then go for a cycle ?

Dolf

Brother once you are diagnosed trt it's for life. You will never naturally produce enough testosterone to feel normal. If cycling is what you want then cycle and trt between cycles.

To answer your question it is because your receptors are fresh. Your first cycle will always be your best. Especially if you run it right. There's tons of info on here for a first cycle. Read up and ask questions if you need.

Bcrash528

Thanks dolf, one last thing I’m 38 going on 39.. do I have to worry about trt or cycling destroying my hair? May seem vein but I have a head that’s horrible for shaving ? They say your gene comes from your maternal grandfather but he was completely receded by the time he was 30. I see a few hairs on my pillow in the morning but nothing serious. Still have insanely thick hair at 38... with my original hairline.

Dolf

Steroids can speed up the process if you are genetically predispositioned. The worst types of steroids for hair loss are androgen compounds like masteron and winny.

THE MOOSE

With a 600 level I would wait to go on TRT! Try to raise your test level naturally to 900! Dial in your food & stay away from anything with soy or estrogen. Lecitin is an addative in too many foods, shakes, ect, & causes raising of estro(lower test levels). You be surprised how going out into the sun & napping alot will do to natural test levels. I personally would wait until you go below 400! Once you do TRT you'll never have a natural 600 level again. When I come off gear my test levels are 300... You have 600 now, do you want a 300 level as a real possibility??? That will happen if you get sick of pinning & decide to quit TRT!
"Go to the NATURAL TEST BOOSTERS FORUM on muscle gurus blog. Lots of info there"

Last edited: