New here

BigZeus

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum but not bodybuilding and gear. I've been bodybuilding for 9 years and competing for 3 years. I've done national level NPC shows and worked with some big name coaches. I'm trying give back to help people out who are new to bodybuilding or simply just want to learn more about the lifestyle and as well as continue to learn more along the way.

Gainz.

Is that you in the avatar pic?
If so... Gawd damn!
Think I'm going to go and delete all of my pictures now 😂🤣.

But welcome brother, I'm sure we can learn a lot from you!
It's awesome to have a member with so much experience.
Not only with gear, but the bodybuilding lifestyle.

Speaking of... I have a diet/preshow question.
Not that I'm going to be competing or in a show... But my girl has fallen in love with my new physical appearance. She keeps joking about making a calendar out of pictures of me.
Because of my job... And weird taste of clothes... Some days I kinda look like a firefighter, while others I look like a lumberjack.... And others I'm in high visibility tank tops. But out of work... My dress style varies wildly. Pink sleeveless dress shirts (with matching pink shoes 😁)
Or my favorite black Punisher tank top and some Chuck Taylors... Or a 3 piece suit and bowtie... Or like most days, basketball shorts and no shirt. So I could definitely fill out a calendar. I was thinking about doing it as a anniversary gift for her.

So to the point of my rambling...
What are some tips and tricks for getting as lean and yet as full looking as possible for pictures?
With my metabolism I can drop weight... Almost instantly. But the part I don't fully understand is how to cut the few extra pounds without looking flat?

BigZeus

Is that you in the avatar pic?
If so... Gawd damn!
Think I'm going to go and delete all of my pictures now 😂🤣.

But welcome brother, I'm sure we can learn a lot from you!
It's awesome to have a member with so much experience.
Not only with gear, but the bodybuilding lifestyle.

Speaking of... I have a diet/preshow question.
Not that I'm going to be competing or in a show... But my girl has fallen in love with my new physical appearance. She keeps joking about making a calendar out of pictures of me.
Because of my job... And weird taste of clothes... Some days I kinda look like a firefighter, while others I look like a lumberjack.... And others I'm in high visibility tank tops. But out of work... My dress style varies wildly. Pink sleeveless dress shirts (with matching pink shoes 😁)
Or my favorite black Punisher tank top and some Chuck Taylors... Or a 3 piece suit and bowtie... Or like most days, basketball shorts and no shirt. So I could definitely fill out a calendar. I was thinking about doing it as a anniversary gift for her.

So to the point of my rambling...
What are some tips and tricks for getting as lean and yet as full looking as possible for pictures?
With my metabolism I can drop weight... Almost instantly. But the part I don't fully understand is how to cut the few extra pounds without looking flat?
Thank man and haha I wish. How long do you have to get lean? I recommend carb cycling. I would do 3 low days and really make sure your training and cardio on point then do a high carb day. Then assess how you look the next morning. But lets say you're a week out from your photo shoot, I would deplete yourself for 5 days, so low carb for 5 days straight. Then I would introduce a good amount of clean carbs back Saturday and then depending what time the shoot is on Sunday. I would have a nice high carb breakfast with moderate protein and low fats. Then next meal would be moderate carbs and something you know will digest well so your stomach doesn't bloat or distend. Then pump up before your shoot and you should be good to go. Thats the summary of it.

Gainz.

Well our anniversary isn't until the end of August. So I definitely have time.
I'm probably... Between 9-11% body fat on any given day.
While I'm pretty strict on my diet... I'm definitely not as dedicated as others.
I definitely notice I look much better on some days than others. Even though my diet doesn't really change much.
3,000cals 300g of protein and 1 gallon of water per day. I really don't pay attention to my carbs, but I do keep fats and sugar low... At least most days I try to... I don't exactly turn down cake and ice cream... Or McDonald's 😂🤣.

But ok...
So for argument sake the shoot is on the 20th
So on the 13th cut calories to 2,200-2,400 and cut out as much carbs, fats and sugar as possible.
Continue this until the 19th. That's when I focus on protein and good clean carbs. (Eat nothing but chicken and rice)
Then on the 20th something carb and protein heavy... So probably 1 of my shakes.
(They don't cause bloating)

So my only question left is water intake?
I'm assuming the days leading up drink as much as possible, then 3 days prior start cutting back?
And what about the day of? I'm assuming as little as possible?

Gainz.

Welcome abroad. Really love when there are new experienced members.

pretty sure Phil Heath isn't registered here (although imagine if he would, I would sooo love that).
Anyway, @BigZeus you still must be a hell of huge guy :D

Haha... I'm fucking blind.
I need glasses but too stubborn to wear them.
I just seen muscles and a hat... I should probably start clicking on peoples profiles and get the enlarged image 😂🤣
(Gainz you dumbass... This is why no one likes you) 😂🤣😂

BigZeus

Welcome abroad. Really love when there are new experienced members.

pretty sure Phil Heath isn't registered here (although imagine if he would, I would sooo love that).
Anyway, @BigZeus you still must be a hell of huge guy :D
Thanks man and haha I wish I had Phils genetics.

BigZeus

Well our anniversary isn't until the end of August. So I definitely have time.
I'm probably... Between 9-11% body fat on any given day.
While I'm pretty strict on my diet... I'm definitely not as dedicated as others.
I definitely notice I look much better on some days than others. Even though my diet doesn't really change much.
3,000cals 300g of protein and 1 gallon of water per day. I really don't pay attention to my carbs, but I do keep fats and sugar low... At least most days I try to... I don't exactly turn down cake and ice cream... Or McDonald's 😂🤣.

But ok...
So for argument sake the shoot is on the 20th
So on the 13th cut calories to 2,200-2,400 and cut out as much carbs, fats and sugar as possible.
Continue this until the 19th. That's when I focus on protein and good clean carbs. (Eat nothing but chicken and rice)
Then on the 20th something carb and protein heavy... So probably 1 of my shakes.
(They don't cause bloating)

So my only question left is water intake?
I'm assuming the days leading up drink as much as possible, then 3 days prior start cutting back?
And what about the day of? I'm assuming as little as possible?
If you have that much time, I would just tighten up your diet and cardio now. As well as keep track of everything. You should definitely be able to tighten up just by doing that.

Gainz.

Thanks man and haha I wish I had Phils genetics.

Except for the 5'9 part... Yeah... 🤣😂
I was just watching a tick tock about Lee Priest.
Everyone saying how he has some of the best genetics of all time.
And... As far as muscle building... Yeah... Maybe.
But... Let's not forget... He's 5'4.
I'm not trying to be a dick... And nothing against my vertically challenged brothers... But... I feel like if most of us had to choose between being 5'10 and 6'2 and... Above average build. Or being 5'4 and being built like Lee... I honestly think most of us would choose the height.
Especially in the world of dating today.

Gainz.

actually, that's why everyone likes you
:ROFLMAO:

They like me... They really like me!
(Or my mom has continued to pay people to like me... It's rough when you find out your closest friends in school were only there because your mom was paying them. I mean... Thanks mom... But maybe... Just maybe don't keep the receipts... That bitch... And she certainly doesn't have to show every girl I've dated. "Look how unlikable my son was" yeah... I get it. It's been 20 years... I think we can stop with the slide show and the song "in the arms of an angel" playing in the background)

Gear Father

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum but not bodybuilding and gear. I've been bodybuilding for 9 years and competing for 3 years. I've done national level NPC shows and worked with some big name coaches. I'm trying give back to help people out who are new to bodybuilding or simply just want to learn more about the lifestyle and as well as continue to learn more along the way.
Big Zeus. Welcome!

Hey Everyone,

Welcome bro. its always good to have knowledgeable guys like yourself around.