Newbie ?? from a long time lifter.

bronze

I have been lifting for the better part of the last 10 yrs. The last three years solid up until this past May. I have always had a gym membership but because of where I live now there is no gym with in about 70 miles so I broke down and bought a Solo flex with leg attachment and have some dumbbells (about 110 lbs of plates) I was up to about 340lb for 7 reps for bench, 120lb 10 x 3 for curls and about 500 for 8 x 3 for shrugs with VERY strict form to give you an idea of the shape I WAS in.
Can you look over my routine to see if I am missing anything I can do with what I have??
Monday;
Pulldown, bent over row, reverse grip pull down, one arm dumbbell rows, dips, tri push downs kickbacks
Tuesday;
Flat bench, flys, incline bench, curls, alternate curls, concentration curls
Thursday;
Squats, leg curls, dumbbell up right rows, shrugs, shoulder press and 21’s for delts
Friday;
Reverse shrugs, behind the neck shoulder press, reverse grip curls, close grip bench, deadlift, leg extensions

Normally when I lifted in a gym I would (say for Monday) hit back then tri’s then back and so on to keep the weight up. Now I am trying to fatigue the muscle by hitting the same muscle (in order as above) till failure by the second exercise.

I know I am screwed for the most part but am trying to do my best with what I have.
Are there any holes in my routine with what I have???

Thanks for the help.

bronze

Cool thanks.
Normally I only do 3 sets but with this Soloflex, it feels really weird. GOD I wish there was a gym around here, or room to put my own equipment. The failure at the end of an exercise just doesn’t have the same feeling, hence why I do 4 now just to tax the muscles as much as possible.
I am not looking for more exercises per say. I am just making sure there are no holes in my routine. I only have the Soloflex and dumbbells at this point,so some things that I am accustomed to ie., scull crushers, cable flys hammer strength high rows are now unobtainable but where a staple in my workouts.
I normally only work out on Mon., Wed and Friday but since the lay off (since May) I was going to pound myself for a month or two then settle back down to three days a week.

Thanks for the ideas and help.

Max

"I was going to pound myself for a month or two then settle back down to three days a week."
Your muscles don't grow when they are being worked, they grow when they are resting. Each time they get worked, and then recover they get stronger and bigger.
Each time you work them, and then work them again before they had time to recover, they get weaker and stay the same, and sometimes even get smaller.
So, I think it is wiser to give some times rest for body and this is also a secret key to succes.

All the best bro and take care!

Gun007

By fatigue do you mean you rep out till you get "the burn" surly this is no good for hypertrophy.reping out till your muscles fatigue is just the build up of lactic acid.Right ?