Optimizing Sleep

blastthru23

I went ahead and purchased 10 mgs of DSIP as i was anxious  (no pun intended, though selank would be more on point) to give it a go. I received my order and reconstituted 5mg with bacteriostatic water. First, here is some background info that may be helpful. I've had trouble sleeping since I was a kid; nasty family shit frought with violence and such, I probably was quite anxious back then. I ended up self medicating as a teen (call it self medicating in retrospect, most likely for depression), and stuff i chose, well, didn't allow for much sleep. Though i don't recall having much to be anxious about in my early adult life, the insomnia was still a struggle. I had kicked the drug habits at age 19. Fast forward to my first and only marriage, this relationship had similar attributes of my childhood. My wife was violent, unstable, and could blow up any minute over nothing. I'm not being hyperbolic to ant extant.  Often enough, I had to hide all of the knives in fear she would stab me while slept, for, she had threatened to kill me a few times due to some dreams she had. Anyhow, I was attending a university full time, and coupled witj the craziness in the house, I couldn't sleep. I got a prescription for ambien, which I took daily for a good many years. I had some horrible experiences on that drug, so i quit. My doctor then prescribed me valium figuring i had generalized anxiety,  which I don't believe i have, but took it anyway. After 9+ months on that shit, and tolerance increasing, i quit that shit, which was hell for 2 weeks. I began taking benedryl thereafter, and clonazepam while on tren. Didn't have any problems stopping the clonazepam. However, i found that it was taking more benedryl to help me sleep and stay asleep. (Oh, I'm happily divorced now, but she still gets me anxious from time to time). Taking benedryl dries me out, and I'm groggy the next day.

Enter DSIP. Like i said, i mixed the Dsip, and pinned 100mcg with no benedryl. I did feel very relaxed, if not sort of stoned without the buzz, maybe more akin to muscle relaxers. I felt sort of sleepy, and when i went to bed i fell asleep. However, it didn't keep me asleep.

On the second day, i pinned 100mcg and took 2 benedryl. That worked pretty good, and i had some very pleasant dreams, but still kept waking now and then.

On the third day, i pinned 125mcg and took 1 benedryl,  and voila!  A good nights rest. Tonight I'm going to pin 150 mcg and no benedryl.

By the way, i was taking up to 5 benedryl a night. This can't be good. My hopes are to drop the benedryl entirely. Another thing I want to mention is that i have hunch that like other peptides, dsip may require an accumulation, and once it reaches a certain level, it'll work. I have noticed being more relaxed throughout the day. This may be a good option for folks who have sleeping issues.

strong

Yea Miagi, I did the Lexapro thing. Shit sucks balls. I was a zombie too. couldn't really have sex, Just a nightmare.. I found what worked for me was to just start working on my problems and start smoking weed again. Weed helps me stay sane and helps me sleep and stop the racing thoughts. I know it can be frowned upon by people but I really don't care.. You will find what works for you.. Be easy on you brother..

strong

I cant sleep for shit and nothing works. Weed will help me pass out but doesn't keep me asleep.  I used to get good results from Advil PM but after 3 nights in a row it did nothing.. I came to the conclusion that I don't need more than 4 hrs a night. I'm 46 and have energy all day and never feel tired... Once in a while I will get 6/7 solid hrs and I do notice I'm more relaxed... I'm not putting any of that prescribed shit in my body...  I'm sure you tried Advil pm but if not try it twice a week...

siegmund

My friend ,

Im 50 and with the buss , and just the way i am ,(and i know you:))   i think im lucky to get 4 a night solid ,and im up every hour on hour ...so i feel ya i think its just the way it is ..

When i finially do get a deep sleep i got the pup kicking and pawing me because its 4am and he wants to piss ...

You ever try that melatona or melatone.  ???? 

Littleyokes

You ever dab? That shit will straight up comatose my ass even in the middle of the day. When I smoke that is. If not dab you try horse tranquilizeR. That should do the trick for sure. Hahaha. 

blastthru23

Dabs fuck me up good, too good, but i get crazy paranoid, and get tremors. The next day i feel like i got ran over by a bus. I'll try horse tranquilizer, wait a minute, isn't that pcp? 

calmb4dastorm

Keep us posted on it. I have been looking into it and other peptides. I, too, suffer from insomnia and have for the last 9 years been on prescription sedatives. Lunesta up til the beginning of this year, because I no longer could sleep on it. So doc switched me to Temazepam and Zaleplon together. some nights I could sleep, others I couldn't. I have been without meds over 30 days waiting for new insurance to kick in Sept 1. I have been catching pure hell. I take 2 ibuprofen pm to assist me to get drowsy, and I had to move my workout later in the evening to where I'm done after 8pm. This helps tire my body out, but some nights my mind simply races and refuses to shut off. Ironically, I fall asleep naturally during the day. My circadian rhythm is backwards.

Littleyokes

Lmao I have no clue. That's one thing I never fukt with. That and H.  But I figure if it'll put a horse down it definitely put a BB down. Lol. As for dabs I one hit quit. Last time my boy brought some over I went full retard after the 3rd rip. i can't hang like  I used too. And made me paranoid as shit. Started stressing over work deadlines. But as soon as the paranoia went away I was sleeping like a baby. Curled up in the fetal position on my bedroom floor. Lol no joke hahaha. 

SenseiMiagi

Absolutely.  Thats the route Ive gone...truth be told, I didnt think my anxiety was a problem, but Mom had it bad so wanted to inquire from the Doc if I should be looking to treat it early.....had no problem throwing that script at me.  To hell with what people think about marijuana.  If anyone still believes (in America) that it should remain a schedule 1 drug they need to lose their right to vote.  Absolutely asinine the current clasification....propoganda from the War on Drugs still infecting peoples logic from 40 yrs ago.

blastthru23

Once, i took a couple hits off a joint that had pcp in it. I was wondering why no one else was hitting it. I woke up the next day with bruises all over my hands and arms. Wondered if i got into some fight or something, but no bruises on my face and such. Don't what the fuck. My friend asked my why i hit that joint, cuz everyone knows not to hit s joint passed by mr. jimmy. Live and learn... I don't hang with those folks anymore anyhow, always got neck deep in trouble with those dudes, fun trouble, but trouble nonetheless. Lol

Littleyokes

Sounds like when I used to take hella xanie bars   this one time I woke up on my moms couch and the tops of my feet looked like hamburger meat with scratches all over my back. I asked her wtf did I do. She said well you and "the wife" got into a fight and I took off running down the road barefoot dragging my feet, then dove into some bushes. Why the hell I did this? I haven't a clue but im just glad those days are long gone! Still got scars on top my feet from it. Just a friendly reminder to not dI drugs I guess. Lol

blastthru23

I've been using the dsip daily now for about 3 weeks i think. So far, I've only supplemented it with klonopin a couple times, so this is a good thing, not wanting to catch a habit and such.  I sleep  so  much better now. I have been experiencing Really pleasant dreams, perhaps lucid, every night. I wake feeling rested. I've also noticed that I feel kind of mellow during the day, but not tired or un-energetic, just chill. However, I do supplement the DSIP with benedryl (diphenhydramine). I take the benedryl mostly because I worry I won't fall asleep and stay asleep.  I've noticed that, for me, it takes over an hour to feel the effects of the dsip. I hope this works when I'm riding the tren train in a couple months. I don't like the insomnia side from tren (don't mind night sweats though, fuck, I'm sweating all day on that shit anyway, know its working i guess lol).

I'm wondering about mixing selank for busy minds, which might be an emergent quality of anxiety. If so, selank may help with that, though perhaps not as well as temazepam. It may be worth a shot at any rate.

One more thing,i think i mentioned this above, is I found that 150 mgs works best for me. Most say 100 mcgs...I've read elsewhere that some pin 200 mcgs. With all the different sources, I'm sure the strength and quality vary quite a bit.

blastthru23

I woke up once to find myself eating a light bulb after popping a couple of those, thought it was an ice cream cone. I loved crashin hard on those, and even taking a bike ride shortly after. I liked that floaty feeling lol. No more ambien for me, but....

M

Mister A

This thread is going in a bad direction, but since I started it I'm gonna further it.

Once my ex snorted enough Xanax to forget that I didn't pull out which gave me a couple weeks to save for the abortion before she even knew she was pregnant. That God for pro choice.

Once woke up with a hand the size of a catchers mit after a night of Xanax. Turns out I broke my hand on the face of a convenience store clerk for no apparent reason. I didn't even buy anything.

Used to play a game (I was 17, but this is stupid for even a 17 year old) where I'd drive 10 miles away from my house to a 24 hour Dunkin and sniff 4 bars then get a cup of coffee and try to make it back home before I passed out. "I'm a winner. I'm going to win."

Broke into a friend's house one night at 2 am to retrieve the cell phone I thought I left there. Turns out my phone was in my pocket and I hadn't even spoken to that friend for nearly 6 months. He almost shot me.

Drugs are very bad. I'm really thankful my life is nothing like that anymore.

SemperFi

Stress and elevated cortisol levels in many cases are the cause of lack of sleep.... lack of sleep causes stress.... stress causes elevated corticol levels. Horrible cycle.

Attempt to control cortisol release through supplements and lifestyle changes.

Don't be a doctor and treat just the symptoms. Get to the root cause and cure the problem.

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

You are very correct. One must dislodge the root to destroy the weed. One of the "weeds"is fear. In order to combat the debilitating effects of fear is control. We all attempt to conform the world to our beliefs. When the world doesn't conform, we make even greater attempts. When those attempts fail, we often fall into addictive, thus destructive habits. Aikido teaches a wonderful approach to combat, which necessarily translates to life, namely, to roll with the force coming at you. Accept, adapt, and overcome your opponent. When we apply this principal, we no longer have to fear, for, fear does not accept, it repells. Though I'm neither christian nor religious, a phrase from somewhere in the bible has always rung true and helpful to me. It goes something like this: look to the lilies in the meadow, they neither toil, nor sow, yet they live. Be like the lilies and trust that the universe will take care of you. I live by this notion. While I may have a laundry list of shit to stress out about, I think of them lilies in the meadow, and give thanks that I'm alive, healthy, and have food to eat and all that.