Question about blood pressure

logicbomb

Anybody here have high blood pressure? I do but it's only because I'm 42 years old and 275 pounds. My goal is to get to about 230lbs. I'm 6'2". The problem I'm having is losing the weight. No matter how good my diet is or how much cardio I do, I can't get below 270. I need some help. I tried T3 but it raised my blood pressure.

Does anybody know what I could use to help me lose the weight without significantly raising my blood pressure? Does Clenbuterol raise it?

Dolf

Diet and cardio is the key brother! No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Included with diet are certain sups like fishoil that help with blood pressure. Why don't you lay out your diet for us?

logicbomb

Sure.

Breakfast:

2 Eggs

2 whole wheat toast.

Lunch:

Can of tuna

Raw broccoli

Apple

Dinner:

Baked Chicken Breast

Green Beans

Rice (on workout days) broccoli on non workout days.

After workout:

Protein shake or bar

Any of these means besides the shake can be substituted with a salad. Balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

If I get hungry at night I eat sugar free jello.

I'm also in the middle of a primo/test cycle so it's possible I'm losing fat but gaining muscle making it look like I'm not losing any weight.

Outlawthing

how many calories per day do you eat total I found that as i lost more fat I ended up having to eat more calories to keep loosing weight  I went from 240 to 205 eating 3500 calories a day with p 90x  it had got to where I couldn't loose fat my body was not cooperating what kind o cardio as well  made a difference running outside vs the dreadmill

csancheezy

you mean to write dreadmill??? I actually found the same thing that when I was first attemtpting to cut weight I was actually not eating enough for my metabolic rate at which i burned calories and so my body was hanging onto what I was putting in it. But I was also keeping track of all calories with a calorie tracker, lost 55 pounds that way, and I also had to change my cardio overtime from steady-state to a HIIT type cardio and just mix it up and have fun too!!

logicbomb

I'm only getting about 2500 calories per day. What is p 90x?

I ride an exercise bike 45 minutes to 1 hour every day. I maintain a heartrate of 145 to 150 bpm.

Dolf

IMO you're not eating enough calories, and you're not eating enough meals each day. I'm gonna give you a few links to threads from some solid and knowledgeable members to help you find your BMR and an example of a great 1600 calorie diet. While you need more than 1600 calories its a great guidline to follow. Also we have a great member called strong who's about your age and size who ran a terrific cycle, diet, and cardio plan with great success. I'm gonna ask him to chime in with what he did to help you out.

https://musclegurus.to/forum/training-nutrition-and-diet/diet-and-nutrition/89905-laying-a-foundation

https://musclegurus.to/forum/supplements/members-articles/88885-mrfixits-1600-calorie-diet-plan

Dolf

Here's another link on HIIT and the benefits of it

https://musclegurus.to/forum/training-nutrition-and-diet/training/89664-hiit

csancheezy

brother there is no one golden formula, you need to experiment a bit and find out how you respond effectively. Maybe bump it up to 2800 cals or even 3000 and try high intensity interval training, like wind sprints, or the stair stepper at a fast interval for a minute then slow it down for a minute.. Play around with it, keep the diet clean but see how you respond to different carbs and fats, I know I digest and respond to white rice very well which some will swear by brown rice, just little things like that, Dont get discouraged just keep on pushing man... And that bike crap personally never did anything for me lol 

D

Dont_trip

Your diet is bad,I am looking at your meals and being generous you are getting 170 grams of protein a day,Hardly any calories Something needs to change.If weight loss is your desire you need to go on a 40/40/20 as you hit plateaus cut down the carbs do not slash protein until you are down around 75-50 grams of carbs a day.Your on anabolics bro One of the benefits is Protein synthesis And if your lacking in the protein department your pissing gear & potential gains away>I would be willing to bet You are Building Muscle at a very MINUSCULE Pace and your fat loss is just a combination of dehydration and glycogen depletion with some fat loss.If you have a slow metabolism Rule of thumb is 10x's your body weight for calories,I would suggest more than that.Infact I would suggest AT MINIMUM you eating at maintenance Preferably in a surplus and just add in Cardio.Steroids BUILD MUSCLE PERIOD But they need the right foods in the RIGHT Amounts.So My suggestion is SPEND TODAY RESEARCHING AND DIALING IN A NEW NUTRITION PLAN BRING IT BACK HERE.

D

Dont_trip

Look,You need to take fish oil Daily Try Now Foods Ultra Omege aim for 3 grams of epa and dha.

Hawthornberry extract,Celery Extract,WATER and Losing weight Obviously.DIET,CARDIO,NO CLEN NO T3 People that rely on CLEN or T3 are lazy and Looking for the magic pill.(Not everyone  But the average Joes have No business running clen,and t3 Myself Included)HardWork And discipline will WIN EVERY TIME

Dolf

X2 this is not 2500 calories either. Get an app like Myfitnesspal and start tracking your macros.

logicbomb

Thanks everybody. You guys are the best. I will take your advice. The HIT training sounds like a winner and will start it right away. I think I have fish oil but if not i will buy some. Also going to increase my caloric intake. I will post progress in a couple of weeks.

Outlawthing

Breakfast

8 egg whites one yellow

i eat 4 sandwiches and two protein bars during day with whole wheat bread and deli meat 4 ounces per sandwhich one slice of cheese 

when I get home from work 

protein shake w skim milk and scoop of peanut butter

After workout 

a normal meal with some kind of chicken or fish 

brown rice or sweet potato

Vegatables of somekind

Before bed

protein shake skim milk peanut butter 

if I get up during the night I would have another shake

very important I I get hungry I eat and Saturday I can eat what I want pizza and burgers whoop whoop