Questions about adding Anavar for a cut cycle

I've read a few blog and forum posts on this but wanted to get some feedback from the people here who almost certainly have experience. Most times I sense that people are just parroting things they have read or heard and not sharing first hand experience.

As the title says I am planning to do a cut here in a few months and was considering adding in anavar to my normal TRT. What I am not 100% about is how much Anavar I should start with, when to start, and how long to take it. So far it seems the answers to that can be all over the place depending on what or who you read. Go low dose, go high dose, 20mg, 25,mg, 50mg. Add it forever, just taking it during the cut, just take it last 6 weeks, etc.

For reference; 51 yr old, 253#, 19% BF, TRT is currently 150mg Test per wk. Intended to stay at the same TRT dose. Latest labs are 1006 TT / 195 FreeT / 70 e2. Liver is elevated by 13 points and has been hovering high for a while now. The liver spooks me a bit. I should also add that I am 2.5 years sober after being a bottle a day alcoholic for 7 years. So, I am not shocked on the shitty liver results.

Lee.the.Demi.Human

Doses are usually somewhat user dependent but generally fall into a rough range with orals.

Anavar I don't hear people using less than 20mg a day, and occasionally read about people dropping 100mg daily.

I usually prefer less for longer with orals, because for me orals wreck my appetite, so I'll take 20mg for 50 days instead of ramping my dose up to offset tolerance and risking tanking my appetite and losing out on gains from being under nourished.

Anavar isn't one of my go to drugs but im sure someone with more experience with it will chime in.

HGH.to

What I am not 100% about is how much Anavar I should start with, when to start, and how long to take it.
start with 20 mg/day, no more than 40 mg/day (which is already a high dosage). Start whenever you're ready to go through a cutting cycle. use it for no longer than 8 weeks, BUT...
Add it forever, just taking it during the cut, just take it last 6 weeks, etc.
never add it forever. anavar is ultra small doses taken forever for medical purposes is the only way to use it forever (and even then, it's not forever, but rather a few weeks). Anavar works best during the cut, although you could use it for bulking. And indeed, the last 6 weeks of a cutting cycle in order to bring out that definition you're looking for during the cut, although could be the first 6 weeks to use as a starter. BUT, I do not recommend using it for any longer than 8 weeks. and even then...
Liver is elevated by 13 points and has been hovering high for a while now. The liver spooks me a bit. I should also add that I am 2.5 years sober after being a bottle a day alcoholic for 7 years. So, I am not shocked on the shitty liver results.
anavar is a mild liver toxic steroid, but its still liver toxic. your liver enzymes are already high, adding anavar (especially forever and/or in higher doses) will increase the liver enzymes even more, possibly leading to health concerns. not sure how worthy it is. may give a try, but definitely no more than 6 weeks and definitely no more than 20 mg/day because of your already liver existing issues. + you need to do everything it takes to help your liver during the cycle. Even better/safer for your liver - go for injectables like Primobolan or Masteron.

shannon11

What's your goal with Anavar in the first place? At 19% body fat it will not do much in terms of visual changes.
Add it forever
Definitely a no-no, whoever said that has no idea what they're talking about.

bigboyroy

I wouldn't waste time with avavar especially if you at 19% body fat like Shannon said. It's expensive weak and will add toxicity to liver.
Add a injectable. If you want something mild on liver with mild results go with primo. I would say tren but with your liver not a good idea.

Thanks for all the replies and information. More that I thought I would get. I appreciate it!

What's your goal with Anavar in the first place? At 19% body fat it will not do much in terms of visual changes.
I wouldn't waste time with avavar especially if you at 19% body fat like Shannon said. It's expensive weak and will add toxicity to liver.
Add a injectable. If you want something mild on liver with mild results go with primo. I would say tren but with your liver not a good idea.
I'd be taking it on a cut so the goal is to reduce fat and best retain whatever I have gained. Basically just going on the research that oxandrolone promotes the burn of visceral and subcutaneous fat. If you are saying it's not really going to do much on the fat burn versus the increase in liver toxicity then I would bypass it all together. I'd rather just cut longer.

not only that, but it seems like his experience is not enough too
I agree, I am no where near any of that.

HGH.to

If you are saying it's not really going to do much on the fat burn versus the increase in liver toxicity then I would bypass it all together. I'd rather just cut longer.
cutting longer is definitely safer. it does help burn fat, but it does increase liver toxicity (which you already seem to suffer from). anavar is worth it, but in specific conditions. doesn't sound like it in your condition though. you may look into injectables instead, as said earlier

shannon11

Thanks for all the replies and information. More that I thought I would get. I appreciate it!

I'd be taking it on a cut so the goal is to reduce fat and best retain whatever I have gained. Basically just going on the research that oxandrolone promotes the burn of visceral and subcutaneous fat. If you are saying it's not really going to do much on the fat burn versus the increase in liver toxicity then I would bypass it all together. I'd rather just cut longer.

I agree, I am no where near any of that.
You're right, just a longer cut, the right way to go. Risk/benefit ratio in your case with liver issues is already shifted away from any orals, and with a higher BF it's just not worth it. Get the best out of cutting without it, so by the moment you're closer to your goal % you can check your liver again and see whether it's better. Then it's probably a good idea to try Var.

unclem

I've read a few blog and forum posts on this but wanted to get some feedback from the people here who almost certainly have experience. Most times I sense that people are just parroting things they have read or heard and not sharing first hand experience.

As the title says I am planning to do a cut here in a few months and was considering adding in anavar to my normal TRT. What I am not 100% about is how much Anavar I should start with, when to start, and how long to take it. So far it seems the answers to that can be all over the place depending on what or who you read. Go low dose, go high dose, 20mg, 25,mg, 50mg. Add it forever, just taking it during the cut, just take it last 6 weeks, etc.

For reference; 51 yr old, 253#, 19% BF, TRT is currently 150mg Test per wk. Intended to stay at the same TRT dose. Latest labs are 1006 TT / 195 FreeT / 70 e2. Liver is elevated by 13 points and has been hovering high for a while now. The liver spooks me a bit. I should also add that I am 2.5 years sober after being a bottle a day alcoholic for 7 years. So, I am not shocked on the shitty liver results.
which of the 4 enzymes are elevated as 13 points aint really that high. glad your sober keep up the good work.

NyangoStar

With orals it's best to only use them for a month or so because they have to be processed by the liver and that chemical process is harsh on the liver. Injections bypass the liver and don't cause the toxicity of orals which have to go through that digestion process in the liver.

I use orals like a pre-workout because of their short half life of 4-5 hours. I like taking them 20-30 minutes before hitting the gym. Gives me a boost in the gym.

A good dosage for anavar is 20 to 50mg every other day. Some guys take it every day and at higher dosages, but those guys are pros. If you're just wanting lean muscle and to lose fat just use it moderately to help you put on a bit more lean muscle. You're only on 150mg of test per week so a few weeks of an oral on top of that should help you add some lean mass and lean up slightly.

I don't think 20mg every other day for 4-6 weeks will elevate your liver enzymes all that much. Drinking beer or hard liquor would probably do faaar more damage than using anavar for a month. If you saw any problems while taking it, you could just stop.