Questions concerting my first cycle (which I am about to begin)

Cinque

Hello All:

Very much appreciate this forum. Can't tell you how much it has helped.

First background. I am a 51 year old guy who started TRT 9 months ago. I can't tell you have life changing it has been. Energy so much higher. More motivated. Focus more. Anyone on the bubble considering it, it has been great for me.

It has all been Dr. prescribed and I get my blood work done every 3 months as part of the TRT treatment which is through on online men's health source.

Because my motivation is so much higher, I have been consistently lifting and exercising and eating right. Almost without exception for the last 7 months. The testosterone, has no doubt, helped on the fat loss and the muscle growth. One day I might post before and after pics (I am amazed when I look at them), but it is really amazing to me what TRT has done for me at 51.

I have been on 150mg of Test c per week. But I have decided (because more is always better lol) to do a 3 month cycle of 500mg per week. I already got the test c from one of the trusted sources on this site. thank you!

Originally I was prescribed Anastrozole to keep the estrogen down. but at last testing the Dr said i didn't need it. (but the point is I still have some).

So here are my questions.

1) as part of the dr. managed TRT I am required to get blood work done every three month. If I go up to 500 mg per week, how much in advance of my blood work getting done should I reduce my test c back to 150mg per week so my test levels don't seem crazy elevated in my required blood work. From what I have read about half lives. It seems if I go from 500 back to 150, it should take about 3 weeks to get my blood work test back down to levels that will "pass" the blood work? Does this seem right? or should I go "cold turkey" for a could of weeks. 500 mg to zero a couple weeks before the test? (I hope to be on the elevated level for 12 ish weeks and then test again at week 15)

Generally I am wondering the best approach, given that I am going to increase my dose to 500mg, to get back to levels that I see just on 150mg so that the blood work is back to "normal" range for my 150mg trt level.s

2) as mentioned, I was on Anastrozole. But the dr said I didn't need it. So I haven't been taking it. but I still have some. Do you guys think I should start taking again because I am going to increase my dose?

I appreciate any thoughts you guys could give. Also, just broadly speaking. Do you see any huge red flags in the plan that I have described above?

I can't tell you how life changing it has been and I look forward to seeing the results I can get from 3 months on a higher dose!

Thanks in advance

Cinque

I now realize I likely put this in the wrong forum and should have been "steroid cycles" apologies for that.

HGH.to

1) as part of the dr. managed TRT I am required to get blood work done every three month. If I go up to 500 mg per week, how much in advance of my blood work getting done should I reduce my test c back to 150mg per week so my test levels don't seem crazy elevated in my required blood work. From what I have read about half lives. It seems if I go from 500 back to 150, it should take about 3 weeks to get my blood work test back down to levels that will "pass" the blood work? Does this seem right? or should I go "cold turkey" for a could of weeks. 500 mg to zero a couple weeks before the test? (I hope to be on the elevated level for 12 ish weeks and then test again at week 15)
yeah, about 3 weeks before the bloodwork should be enough. to be on the safe side, stop 4 weeks before. no need to go cold turkey. of course, doing so would lower the levels even more, but you wouldn't feel fine. reducing 3-4 weeks before bloodwork would be enough.
2) as mentioned, I was on Anastrozole. But the dr said I didn't need it. So I haven't been taking it. but I still have some. Do you guys think I should start taking again because I am going to increase my dose?
there's a chance you would. not everyone needs. some people don't need at 150 mg/week but need at 500 mg/week. Others still don't need at 500 mg/week.
I appreciate any thoughts you guys could give. Also, just broadly speaking. Do you see any huge red flags in the plan that I have described above?
no red flags to me... maybe i'm just missing something. but everything seems good enough and you seem to be pretty well informed. maybe others will chime in. but to me, everything seems fine

Aussie

4 to 6 weeks is best to get you to stable level.
My last bloods I had a free testosterone level 15% higher than it had been before on the same weekly amount . My doctor was not concerned and told me I can drop it if I wanted but still prescribed the same amount.
As you are dropping from 500 I would give it 4 week minimum

EMachine

Hey Cinque,

Welcome to the forum! I’m also 51 and have been on TRT for over 20 years! If I may, I would like to reason with you. At our age, 500 mg of test is insane! I’ve competed for many years, and now coach various types of people…from the regular person, pro athletes of various sports, to fitness athletes.

If you go from 150 mg to 500 mg @ our age, it will affect you since you’re being monitored Nuba doctor with mandatory quarterly blood work. Let me explain front personal experience. As mentioned by another member(s), you would have to stop test weeks before your blood work, so that your levels would even out, and your doctor would not suspect that you had increased your weekly dose by 350 mg.

This will send you on a roller coaster of emotional shit and affect you and your mood in ways you are not accounting for. Also, you’re playing with fire by being on at 500 mg for 2 months and then be off for 4 weeks…

It’s better to be on 150 mg of test and add 100 mg of primo or even 200 mg without affecting your sex drive, and you’d make solid gains. At 500 mg, your BP will raise significantly at our age, lipids, PSA values, which is something always concerning for any hormonal doctor monitoring you…4 weeks might not be enough time to reduce these values. Most likely, the doctor would take you off test for a while, or cut your doses by half. I’ve seen it happen before! It happened to me! 😞 This was when I was younger. It’s best to keep test lower and add another SAFE compound at our age than raise test to 500 mg. There are other considerations, but my message is already long enough.

Cinque

Thank you all very much for your replies. That is why this place is great. Where else could I get this info.

Thank you eMachine for your feedback. I really do appreciate it.

A couple of questions/comments

The reason I was going to up the testosterone is that I have read on these boards many times that everyone’s first cycle should be testosterone. And I know from my TRT that I react well to it.

Interesting to hear you recommend primo instead. Frankly something that I hadn’t considered bc of what I said above.

Would standard panels that the trt doctors do not detect the primo? I suspect not because they aren’t testing for it.

I now check my blood pressure regularly and have had no issues . (And I hear you saying that is why I probably shouldn’t do more)

Thank you so much for your commentary as I generally thought the dosage and the test were pretty standard for the first cycle. I hear you though that my age isn’t typical on these boards.

Wondering if any other 50 year olds on the board could relay there experiences with test vs primo or anything else.

I do very much appreciate your comments.

Good news is I haven’t started yet and don’t plan to for about 5 weeks as that is when my next panel is.

So there is definitely time to change course.

Would love to hear other feedback.

Thanks!

Aussie

Hey Cinque,

Welcome to the forum! I’m also 51 and have been on TRT for over 20 years! If I may, I would like to reason with you. At our age, 500 mg of test is insane! I’ve competed for many years, and now coach various types of people…from the regular person, pro athletes of various sports, to fitness athletes.

If you go from 150 mg to 500 mg @ our age, it will affect you since you’re being monitored Nuba doctor with mandatory quarterly blood work. Let me explain front personal experience. As mentioned by another member(s), you would have to stop test weeks before your blood work, so that your levels would even out, and your doctor would not suspect that you had increased your weekly dose by 350 mg.

This will send you on a roller coaster of emotional shit and affect you and your mood in ways you are not accounting for. Also, you’re playing with fire by being on at 500 mg for 2 months and then be off for 4 weeks…

It’s better to be on 150 mg of test and add 100 mg of primo or even 200 mg without affecting your sex drive, and you’d make solid gains. At 500 mg, your BP will raise significantly at our age, lipids, PSA values, which is something always concerning for any hormonal doctor monitoring you…4 weeks might not be enough time to reduce these values. Most likely, the doctor would take you off test for a while, or cut your doses by half. I’ve seen it happen before! It happened to me! 😞 This was when I was younger. It’s best to keep test lower and add another SAFE compound at our age than raise test to 500 mg. There are other considerations, but my message is already long enough.
Mate I’m 49. I’m on 125mg a week from my doctor. I have been on 500mg a week for a month now and not a problem except I have to cum 4 times a day.

Everyone is different and with 20 years on trt you should know this. Not everyone is going to get limp dick. Not everyone will keep E2 in range by adding the hat much primo. Be careful what you tell people.

Cinque

Mate I’m 49. I’m on 125mg a week from my doctor. I have been on 500mg a week for a month now and not a problem except I have to cum 4 times a day.
I legit lol’ed at this. Funny.

And thank you for your perspective glad to hear it is going well for you.

Not very familiar with primo.

What do you mean when you say

“Not everyone will keep E2 in range by adding that much primo”

Thanks again for your help everyone!

Aussie

I legit lol’ed at this. Funny.

And thank you for your perspective glad to hear it is going well for you.

Not very familiar with primo.

What do you mean when you say

“Not everyone will keep E2 in range by adding that much primo”

Thanks again for your help everyone!
Primo is used in a cycle to stop E2 getting out of control. A lot of people are using it instead of using an AI. Having it to high will crash your E2.
You need to do a lot of research before using it as it’s easy to crash E2.
Primo and mast are used in trt to help keep E2 under control from as little as 50mg a week added to your trt weekly amount of testosterone.

If you feel comfortable on adding 500mg of testosterone go for it. You probably could start by doubling your trt.
I shouldn’t say this but if you run trt and add 200mg of TrenE a week you will get better results than adding primo.

HGH.to

it's obvious that 200 mg/week of Trenbolone will get better results than primobolan. Only because Tren is so much stronger than Primo. But this is the reason why Trenbolone is so much more likely to cause side effects too. So I wouldn't really recommend Tren... there are safer options to get you there

Aussie

it's obvious that 200 mg/week of Trenbolone will get better results than primobolan. Only because Tren is so much stronger than Primo. But this is the reason why Trenbolone is so much more likely to cause side effects too. So I wouldn't really recommend Tren... there are safer options to get you there
But tren is always the answer here 🤣🤣🤣
Hey @GainzBandit

Gainz.

Ok... I think I read through everything... so first off welcome brother! So happy to hear trt changing lives for the better!

I have to agree that 500mg might be a little high for your first real blast. But I don't think you'll have any major mood swings or anything like that. Its only a 350mg difference. (Not exactly life changing)
I really wish I knew more about your physique and bf%. Or your goals as far as what you want to look like.

Personally I'm a big fan of running more compounds at a smaller dose. Higher doses mean more chances for nasty sides.

Personally I think you should run test at 350-400mg and run 200mg of masteron (you think you feel good on test... wait until you're on mast)
Plus mast helps keep your estrogen low so no need for ai.
And yes... Tren is king! Tren and mast with test is god level shit... it will make you feel like you're 18 again and so fucking horny you won't know what to do with yourself... trust me I'm on all 3 right now. So unless you're with a woman who will accept you molesting her a few times a day... leave those 3 alone for right now.

So you have 4 options

1: test 500mg for 12 weeks

2: test 400mg, mast 200mg for 12 weeks

3: test 400mg, primo 200mg for 12 weeks

4: test 400mg, eq 200mg for 12 weeks.

Any and all of these are a great choice. All of the other compounds (mast,eq,primo) will help keep your est low and all of them will help put more size and strength on than just test (even at 500mg) alone. I recommend spending some time looking through the forum and seeing how others like these 3 and seeing which one interests you the most.
But I'll tell you right now test and mast will make you feel the best. Mast... theres just something magical about it.

Cinque

Ok... I think I read through everything... so first off welcome brother! So happy to hear trt changing lives for the better!

I have to agree that 500mg might be a little high for your first real blast. But I don't think you'll have any major mood swings or anything like that. Its only a 350mg difference. (Not exactly life changing)
I really wish I knew more about your physique and bf%. Or your goals as far as what you want to look like.
This site always produces. it amazes me how willing and helpful everyone is to assist in an area that it is otherwise hard to get information. and thanks to you and everyones kind words and welcomes.

To answer your questions. I am tall . 6'7". I weigh about 260 with a body fat in the low 20's ish range (guess). I was a college basketball player, but i am now often mistaken for a football player. having said that i am probably 50 pounds heavier than playing weight which is a combo of Fat/and I am stronger now.

My goals are not for complete bulk. Ideally I want the "long, strong, and lean" I know that might be optimistic given that I am 51 but the changes I have gotten from TRT/eating right/and working my ass off have me dreaming big.

As said my dream is maybe mid teens BF and not sheer mass but more definition. I actually am starting to get some at my level of BF (but not as much as I want). I am also in for the long haul and though I I very much watch what I eat, I am trying to eat smart with no junk as opposed to a huge diet. Though I think I am in a slight caloric deficit. I am trying to lose the weight slow so I am still able to gain muscle which I know is super hard if you are in a big caloric deficit. So I am going the slow route on losing the weight which I am good with as I am in this for the long haul.

In addition to lifting 5 or so times per week, I walk my dog 5 miles per day as my cardio. So i do watch what I eat, I lift, and walk which def has me losing fat, but i am trying to do it slow and consistent.

Though I don't know for sure, I have probably lost 25+ pounds of fat and for sure have gained significant muscle over the last 7 months. But I don't have a feel for specifically how much muscle that is. but my pictures don't lie. Perhaps I will get the motivation to show you my before and after at the one year mark!

Thanks for your help. I will read around in the forums and see what has worked for people

Gainz.

6'7 260lb... pretty sure you're our biggest member... I'll be sure to only speak with yes sir, no sir, thank you sir from now on 🤣😂
As far as diet is concerned, low fat low sugar. High protein... at least 300g of protein per day. Also cut out any soda, juice, sports drink, and beer if possible. All that shit is poison! You should focus on a gallon of water per day and milk.

Ok, back to the gear... your bf% is a little high for the mast to really shine. usually works better 15% or lower. But you can still get benefits from it. Mast gives you that full dry look... while also making you bigger.

Honestly I think mast or primo will be your best bet. I'm sure everyone here has their own opinions.
Which leads me to my next point, a point that isn't brought up too much but is extremely important.
Your genetics are extremely important as far as how you respond to different types of gear. That's why some people love tren, others hate it. Some people think eq is the greatest gear out there, while others think its garbage. Some people (@JesseTX ) will blow up by simply smelling deca, while others need to pin 700mg to get it to work.
That's why its important to keep doses low (because you just don't know what's going to happen) and if its not what you thought, or its just not working as well finish your cycle and try something else. A lot of this is trial and error. You're basically preforming a science experiment on yourself with every cycle.
I hope this helps, sir 😉

Cinque

We are all friends here. you don't have to call me sir. Maybe "Mr. Sir"? lol

I really do appreciate you help. and everyone that has responded.

And I hear you on the sugar. I am pretty good about staying away from junk.

I do take supplemental protein, I honestly kind of use it as a meal replacement. a couple scoops. a banana, maybe some berries. My question is. is it better to just eat grilled chicken breast then use powdered protein or does it not matter?

I am very excited for this. I haven't had this much fun lifting in a long time and the motivation is off the charts. And every time in the gym i feel great and am psyched to go the next morning.

My testosterone level was 363 ng/dl when this all started and has run from 700 to 1050 when I have gotten my panels just taking the 150mg per week prescribed. I know the 1050 is above range but the dr didn't blink at it because I told him how well I was feeling.

Even at those levels I am putting on muscle better than I did when I was 20 (prob bc my testosterone wasn't that high even then being above range and all)

But, I do look forward to seeing how I feel and the gains once the cycle starts. though I guess I will never know the numbers as I intend to be back down to that range once I do a panel again. (which is supposed to be every 3 months, but I know I can extend to 4 months which I did one time before just because I was traveling). So the plan is to go 3 months on, one off. Test again and hope everything is where it should be in the levels.

Will be interesting to see how I feel, as i realize it isn't linear at all, but even a partial bump to energy and strength and all that (compared to TRT) will be worth it.

Gainz.

As far as protein shakes and meal replacement goes... that's another Pepsi vs coke debacle. Some say to only eat real food, others say liquid is fine.
I mean... if you're getting the calories and proteins... who fucking cares how you're getting them.
Personally I need the shakes. I have a light protein shake for breakfast in the morning (synthag) and a very heavy 1,300cal 70g of protein mass shake after my workout. (Frozengan) I wouldn't be able to get my calories and protein without them. I physically can't stomach that much solid food daily.
You should really check out @JohnJuan posts in the members picture section. Hes in his 50s and puts 90% of us here to absolute shame... dude is built like a god... and he drinks like 4 shakes a day. So again, as long as you're getting what you need... its fine. just be aware of what's in the shakes. A lot of them are packed with fats and sugars... stay away from them.

And yes, being on trt and having your test levels in the 1000s... its like going through puberty again. But the cool thing about test and other steroids is you don't build up a tolerance like you would with many other substances.

Now as far what you should decide to cycle with... I really vote mast. Just because I know how fucking amazing it makes you feel. If you're at a 8 right now... 200mg of mast is going to be a 15!
Right now I'm on 400mg test, 200mg deca, 200mg tren and 200mg of mast.
I am king dick... I feel bulletproof and my sex drive is through the roof... like my girl sitting on frozen peas through the roof (I'm not joking) but the biggest contributor to that is the mast.
The reason why I think you should choose mast over the others (besides feeling like superman) is eq is known to drastically increase your appetite. Since you are trying to lose fat... that's not something you want.
And primo... its just so fucking expensive. And primo can absolutely crash your estrogen. Having estrogen is a good thing. Having way too much or none at all is when things get bad.

Now... if you really want to see results fast... 400mg test, 200mg mast and 200mg of tren. But be aware...
Lots of people don't like tren because of the affect it can have on your mood. But stacking tren with mast takes away from many of those nasty mental side effects. Plus most of the nasty tren sides come from dosages over 600mg, or people who use it for way too long.
You'll notice here that half of us absolutely love tren... I mean fucking love it! It's the answer to all of your problems-questions. While the others won't touch it because of the horror stories.
So Mr Sir, I'll say again take some time and look into each of these compounds and see what you think would suit you the best.
And of course we'll be happy to help with any and all questions you might have

Aussie

We are all friends here. you don't have to call me sir. Maybe "Mr. Sir"? lol

I really do appreciate you help. and everyone that has responded.

And I hear you on the sugar. I am pretty good about staying away from junk.

I do take supplemental protein, I honestly kind of use it as a meal replacement. a couple scoops. a banana, maybe some berries. My question is. is it better to just eat grilled chicken breast then use powdered protein or does it not matter?

I am very excited for this. I haven't had this much fun lifting in a long time and the motivation is off the charts. And every time in the gym i feel great and am psyched to go the next morning.

My testosterone level was 363 ng/dl when this all started and has run from 700 to 1050 when I have gotten my panels just taking the 150mg per week prescribed. I know the 1050 is above range but the dr didn't blink at it because I told him how well I was feeling.

Even at those levels I am putting on muscle better than I did when I was 20 (prob bc my testosterone wasn't that high even then being above range and all)

But, I do look forward to seeing how I feel and the gains once the cycle starts. though I guess I will never know the numbers as I intend to be back down to that range once I do a panel again. (which is supposed to be every 3 months, but I know I can extend to 4 months which I did one time before just because I was traveling). So the plan is to go 3 months on, one off. Test again and hope everything is where it should be in the levels.

Will be interesting to see how I feel, as i realize it isn't linear at all, but even a partial bump to energy and strength and all that (compared to TRT) will be worth it.
Hi Bitch

HGH.to

That's why its important to keep doses low (because you just don't know what's going to happen) and if its not what you thought, or its just not working as well finish your cycle and try something else. A lot of this is trial and error. You're basically preforming a science experiment on yourself with every cycle.
this basically is what everyone should learn

JesseTX

6'7 260lb... pretty sure you're our biggest member... I'll be sure to only speak with yes sir, no sir, thank you sir from now on 🤣😂
As far as diet is concerned, low fat low sugar. High protein... at least 300g of protein per day. Also cut out any soda, juice, sports drink, and beer if possible. All that shit is poison! You should focus on a gallon of water per day and milk.

Ok, back to the gear... your bf% is a little high for the mast to really shine. usually works better 15% or lower. But you can still get benefits from it. Mast gives you that full dry look... while also making you bigger.

Honestly I think mast or primo will be your best bet. I'm sure everyone here has their own opinions.
Which leads me to my next point, a point that isn't brought up too much but is extremely important.
Your genetics are extremely important as far as how you respond to different types of gear. That's why some people love tren, others hate it. Some people think eq is the greatest gear out there, while others think its garbage. Some people (@JesseTX ) will blow up by simply smelling deca, while others need to pin 700mg to get it to work.
I hope this helps, sir 😉
I'm really fortunate that way.
I'm trying to lock my diet down and feed myself right....but the deca is good to me.