Recovery

blastthru23

Google away girl :) Apparently, goat colostrum is more assimilable (sp?) than cow. I purchased cow colostrum because it was fun  front me at that moment; an impulse purchase pretty much. Can't hurt :)

calmb4dastorm

i use the roller, but my soreness of late has made it impossible to tolerate even a massage. I increased my glutamine to 5g post work out  along with 2g in the am and just prior to bed,and it seems to help. i can actually touch my triceps right now and they were killing me after coach trained me last night. i could barely use my arms and was screaming on my last set

calmb4dastorm

initially, i was thinking, "blast thinks im going to latch on to some lactating woman, not gonna happen i don't care HOW sore i get! Ha ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little K

My intake is the same as yours, which I find interesting given the differences in our training styles/divisions. I hear ya when you say you're too sore to handle a massage. I can say from the times I've been gotten chucked off young horses that the roller ball Icy Hot stick does wonders when you're too tender for real muscular manipulation. 

siegmund

Sorry my friend , 

But wrong , if you lived in the gym , if your main source of income was in the gym ...if your daughters college tuition came from you being in the gym id say , your right ..

But your family , your daughter your everything depends on you breaking your back , and doing hard work home health care ...now you go hurt your back !! Or fuck up your legs or get hurt anyway you start missing time ...

Are you going to get workers compensation ???or is anyone else going to take care of your prioritys ?? 

Your coach going to help you , ??? 

Sorry my sister i love you as my own sister , but i dont have one so you are my sis ....these words i speak are true !!! Think , yes the gym the shows the all are your personal pr's ...

But who depends on you ???? Who is fucked without you ??? Your in trouble alone honey if you get hurt .

This is why i always draw the line with myself , i have crews but guess what i must and am on every job and im dirtest person there...and i love my lifting , dam i know i can be stage or i know i can get up under 405.  And squat 450 pull 600 

But im sorry if i get hurt everyone suffers , i tell you this because your my sister , you dont want it to be to late and everyone that depends on you ..is in trouble ,

All im saying is think honey , like mr k , and others they got sponsers ect they making there livin.  Im wrong my friend owns a construction company and he dont need be there so he has something fall back on ..

Listen go for your dream mama. But think who all depends on you...you over do it get hurt ..then what ???

Not trying to take your dream im worried honey ..you know my heart and head right place 

calmb4dastorm

I know exactly where you are coming from! And you know my situation better than anyone does if I injure myself. Rest assured big brother,  I am being as careful as I can be with the OA. My family depends on me, and that stinking tuition does too. I'm wearing my braces and all. ;-) 

B

Burrr

Do any of you guys take a full week off from time to time, a deload week?

I know lots of online fitness gurus suggest a deload week after a 10 week push, or after a cycle.

I go on enough wilderness vacations for a week at a time that I know I get my adequate time off. what about the rest of you?

swolesam

the most i remember i took 4 days off or so. I prefer to NEVER do that because my appetite is WILD bro. I eat like a monster. So without working out, and with a Sedentary job everyday, i need the exercise in my life to keep the metabolism pumping, and so i can afford to eat :)

calmb4dastorm

full week off every 8-10 weeks. I find my body tends to respond better after a break.  By the end of that week, I am so ready to get back in the gym. That week off does not change my eating habits, just my gym habit.

blastthru23

I lighten things up a bit post cycle, but gotta keep going, if i take a break, i get paranoid I'll lose steam, plus i have a thing about routine, i get weird if the routine gets upset

swolesam

Storm ! Hows the recovery coming along? Are you adjusted to the newer intense workouts ? How's it coming along.

Havent heard from you about this topic, so let us know how you're doing hun.

calmb4dastorm

I am a little less sorw. I have taken a few days off from 5he gym to allow myself needed rest. So I haven't trained since Thursday. I will workout tonight however.  I'm also going to decrease my volume moving forward.  

Dolf

Are you on or off cycle?

Keep in mind that pain is temporary, and glory last forever! : )

Not sure if it was mentioned, but glutamine is very cheap and helps alleviate musvle soreness. 

swolesam

indeed Gluatmine is key in recovery and boosting immune system. 10g everday, split into 2 doses of 5g.  Look for the powder form, and it usually has no taste so can blend well with anything.